7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• First kernel to test for users who have booting issues. How to use:

• Install 7.0.3.011.
    • Make the box boot. :D
    • Choose kernel URL:

• Login over SSH and exectute:
    • Reboot, report. ;)

Sorry to report no apparent change to the boot failure issue on my Beelink MiniMX 1G/8G. No apparent change in the frequency of boot failures either (varies from 1 to 5 consecutive succesful soft reboots following a succesful cold boot ).

Once again, I would also like to point out (as I have mentioned several times before) that the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212161011-r23559-gd4fc4f6 development version works like a charm on the same device. It NEVER fails to boot/reboot.

(I could upload it if that is interesting )

• Sorry to report no apparent change to the boot failure issue on my Beelink MiniMX 1G/8G. No apparent change in the frequency of boot failures either (varies from 1 to 5 consecutive succesful soft reboots following a succesful cold boot ).

Once again, I would also like to point out (as I have mentioned several times before) that the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212161011-r23559-gd4fc4f6 development version works like a charm on the same device. It NEVER fails to boot/reboot.

(I could upload it if that is interesting )

hello vzone
    can u please upload it so i can try on my boxes?

• Thank you for testing the first kernel revert. Fortunately there are only 2 kernel patches between 7.0.3.010/011 and 19 November build. Here's second kernel to test for users who have booting issues. How to use:

• Install 7.0.3.011.
    • Make the box boot. :D
    • Choose kernel URL:

• Login over SSH and exectute:

• SD card:

Code
        mount -o rw,remount /flash
        cd /flash
        rm kernel.img
        wget link_to_kernel_image
        sync
      • Internal:

Code
        cd /tmp
        wget link_to_kernel_image
        dd if=kernel.img of=/dev/boot
    • Reboot, report. ;)
    • For SD card you can alternatively put the card to your computer and download kernel.img directly there, replacing 7.0.3.011 kernel.

[hr]

This is VERY odd as this version uses basically the same kernel as 7.0.3.011 and that's the only thing that can fail on boot - by fail I mean stuck on vendor logo before LE splash screen.

Edited once, last by kszaq (December 23, 2016 at 6:02 PM).

• hello vzone
    can u please upload it so i can try on my boxes?

This is getting stranger by the minute.

All of a sudden the abovementioned development version has also started having the same (re)boot failure issue.

I am doing all testing on this device booting from different SD cards.

Just to be sure, I also explicitly updated to the abovementioned development version by putting the .img file and corresponding device tree file in the update folder and rebooted, but still reboot failure issues. I even reflashed using the toothpick method using the abovementioned development version. And still reboot failure issues ???

The only difference between now and a few days ago when I executed as much as 20 successful consecutive reboots using that development version, is that yesterday I updated the bootloader on the device as suggested by someone else in this thread. My device was running 1.07L Android firmware from NAND and I updated just the bootloader with the bootloader from the 1.05L Android firmware as suggested (without seeing any noticeable effect ).

Should I anyhow upload the development version, or? If yes, how should I upload it?
    [hr]
    After applying second test kernel, there are still the same reboot failue issues.

After applying the second test kernel, I was able to soft reboot (from LibreElec menu) the device 5 times in a row and then the 6th got stuck on the Beelink Bear logo.

The 1st cold reboot thereafter (unplugging and replugging power) failed, as well as the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. The 5th cold reboot attempt succeeded, but then the first soft reboot attempt therefafter failed.

(NOTE: I am using 2 different SD cards to boot from when testing the different versions. 7.0.3.10-development versus 7.0.3.11 )

Edited once, last by vzone (December 22, 2016 at 6:02 PM).

• Hi vzone,
    i noticed (later on..) that with bootloader from FW 1.05L there's no boot issue when the minimx is connected to my HDMI monitor, but it's there when connected to my panasonic plasma tv (could aalso possible be a problemi with HDMI edid discovery..dunno know)
    anyways, in attach the bootloader from FW 1.07L, in case you want to update to the latest available from the vendor...

• The wifi does not work correctly, the problem is that he me finds the AP, but it does not connect me.

My device is a mini MX with wifi AP6212. Sorry for my english.
    [hr]

Hi, I have 2 boxes, Mini MX (S905) with LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.011.img.gz (64 bit) installed on SD card and Beelinik Mini MXIII (S905) with LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.011.img.gz (32 bit) installed on SD card too. The boot issue is present on Mini MXIII, Mini MX works well, no boot issue.
    Thanks for your work.

That device tree use in the mini MX?

Edited once, last by mega-samu (December 22, 2016 at 7:50 PM).

• Just got 2 new Beelink MiniMXIII II (S905X 2/16GB) boxes in (they now have a diff remote?)
    Burned the 32bit 7.0.3.011 build to SD card (didnt replace the device tree)
    Created a zip file on the SD card
    Booted into Android, opened the update app, selected the zip and let it update.
    Rebooted into LE fine.
    SSH'ed into the box, ran installtointernal and reboottonand
    Got a filesystem corrupt error (on both boxes), just rebooted from SD again and ran installtointernal and reboottonand again.
    No more errors and seems to boot just fine.
    I'll do some more testing tonight..

• Again i can tell you 19th November is the 100% no freezes. The 12th December Dev version is not 100% see my link #145
    I can tell you vzone will eventually get a freeze.
    [hr]

Again i can tell you 19th November is the 100% no freezes. The 12th December Dev version is not 100% see my link #145
    I can tell you vzone will eventually get a freeze.

Also look at this #193

Edited once, last by kostaman (December 22, 2016 at 9:27 PM).

• I created a fresh SD card and flashed 011 to internal, tried stock 011 kernel, test1 and test2 but was unable to get my Beelink MiniMXIII to reboot 10 times in a row. The only way it booted 10 times in a row was when I removed the SD Card and unplugged my remote.

So with my test it seems like the boot issue is caused by the usb ports or SD card, @Kaszq could you build a kernel that disables booting from USB? I really think it maybe the USB ports coz as soon as i unplug my remote it boots. Yes I've tried different remotes and the results are the same, the stock remote stopped working but I haven't tested it since 008 since I don't use it anyways.

@ kostaman maybe you can try unplugging everything from the box except hdmi/lan and reboot using the stock remote or via ssh?

Edited once, last by JonSnow (December 23, 2016 at 1:23 AM).

• thanks man apprecaite it

update: so this firmware caused my box to hang at boot after the 6th boot which is the most i have had in my many tests so far. so im gonna be going ahead with htis firmware till a better version is created by kszaq

I created a fresh SD card and flashed 011 to internal, tried stock 011 kernel, test1 and test2 but was unable to get my Beelink MiniMXIII to reboot 10 times in a row. The only way it booted 10 times in a row was when I removed the SD Card and unplugged my remote.

So with my test it seems like the boot issue is caused by the usb ports or SD card, @Kaszq could you build a kernel that disables booting from USB? I really think it maybe the USB ports coz as soon as i unplug my remote it boots. Yes I've tried different remotes and the results are the same, the stock remote stopped working but I haven't tested it since 008 since I don't use it anyways.

@ kostaman maybe you can try unplugging everything from the box except hdmi/lan and reboot using the stock remote or via ssh?

im def gonna try this by flashing 7.03.011 to my box and only using stock remote. if it works u sir are a blessing. i was using my usb remote for the whole ordeal

update: sorry bud but this doesnt work, box rebooted 4 times before hanging, only hdmi and power plugged in 7.0.3.011 installed to nand on my mini mx s905 1gb/8gb realtek wifi box.

Edited once, last by kashmoney (December 23, 2016 at 5:22 AM).