7.0.3.010 build for S905/S905X

• After installing the .010 version when I turn off my Beelink Mini MX III, restarting it stays in the Beelink logo and will not boot. If I remove the Ethernet cable, sometimes it starts, but often not. I have reinstalled the 009 and everything returns to normal. What can I do to make the 010 work well?
    Thank you

I have exact the same box and everything is working fine. Upgraded by update folder from 9 to 10
    I think it can be because i made earlier the fresh install of 09 build. to which i had some troubles upgrading by update.

I would recommend fresh install of android build back to the box and after that install cleanly the version 10 of libreelec. Thats worked for me earlier when upgrade to 09 didn't worked.

Edited once, last by Tittan31 (December 14, 2016 at 1:10 PM).

• What is the vendor_0001_product_001.kl file for?

• I never said that and I ask everybody to test and report on devel builds.

Alright, I upgraded to latest test build (12-12) and the
    box did not boot up at all. The toothpick method did not
    work either. Same as in 009 tests and 010.

I copied over (from 008) the kernel.img and SYSTEM
    and device tree et voila ... the box immediately worked
    fine again, saying it booted directly into Libreelec without
    even the need for the toothpick method.

Box: Nexbox MXQ 4K Pro (S905)

• i own a Beelink MiniMXIII II 2G and i have flushed Libreelec 7.0.3.10 twice and got both times the same issue. In 4K resolution the pictures keeps switching off and on every few minutes. Everything else working ok. I flashed back the previous Libreelec version and everything is working fine. Also, sometimes when i restart the machine it stays stack in the Beelink logo.

I have too a MiniMXII II 2G and I don't have any boot issue with 7.0.3.10 release but I didn't flash the internal nand, I use an external USB. For the 4k, I don't have any 4K video so I can't try.

Edited once, last by MrFusion92 (December 14, 2016 at 2:04 PM).

• I have exact the same box and everything is working fine. Upgraded by update folder from 9 to 10
    I think it can be because i made earlier the fresh install of 09 build. to which i had some troubles upgrading by update.

I would recommend fresh install of android build back to the box and after that install cleanly the version 10 of libreelec. Thats worked for me earlier when upgrade to 09 didn't worked.

I also have the same box and fr me it boots only if I remove the hdmi cable, and even if it boots it doesn't work properly with dvb-t HD content. I think it might depend on my TV a Samsung "real HD" (1340x768) .... in fact I was not able to change resolution with the 010 and there were some strange hdmi error messages. I am back to 009 now and everything is ok.

• Anyone has a cracking/tick sound when running on s905x ? It happens when you start the video.
    in 009 it was very dominant, happened all the time + VERY loud at startup of KODI.
    in 010 it happens in about 20-30% of the videos.

my box is x96 s905x 2gb

• The patches I use for .010 have been in development build for 2 weeks IIRC and no one complained. Unfortunately I don't have a TVHeadend server nor any other PVR service to test. So far everyone else's results were very good and current a/v sync patch works best from all from what I can tell.

As I already say issue appear after any error in the stream from pvr. I'm recorded TS sample with that error at tenth second. For me, 008-fix plays this file with only small distortion at the tenth second. 009 and later starts play jerky after the tenth second.
    sample.ts
    PS. Kodi at RPi2 plays this file without any issues. :(

Edited once, last by Yuri666 (December 14, 2016 at 5:50 PM).

• After a longer use, I noticed that I have audio sync issues. Not major and they can be fixed from the Audio Offset option, but annoying nonetheless.

S905 Mini M8S connected to a Yamaha AVR.

The Sync function in Playback is enabled. So are the DTS Passthrough and refresh rate change.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• After a longer use, I noticed that I have audio sync issues. Not major and they can be fixed from the Audio Offset option, but annoying nonetheless.

S905 Mini M8S connected to a Yamaha AVR.

The Sync function in Playback is enabled. So are the DTS Passthrough and refresh rate change.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I use a 200ms delay for 23.976 videos and an 85ms delay for all others set in advancedsettings.xml

• As I already say issue appear after any error in the stream from pvr. I'm recorded TS sample with that error at tenth second. For me, 008-fix plays this file with only small distortion at the tenth second. 009 and later starts play jerky after the tenth second.
    sample.ts

The same for me, but the issue appear mainly with mpeg4 HD interlaced content from tvheadend, a lot less with mpeg2 SD streams (less errors maybe?)
    I tried disabling interlacing with
    echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all
    improves a bit maybe but it is almost unusable.
    Also disabling HW rendering doesn't help.

• Thanks again kszaq for all your work :cool:

Updated from 9 to 10

Played test clips

This is with

• Audio
    • Audio output device = ALSA:AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI
    • Number of channels = 2.0
    • Output configuration = Optimized
    • Maintain original volume on downmix = ON
    • Resample quality = Medium
    • Keep audio device alive = 1 Minute
    • Play GUI sounds = Only when playback stopped
    • Passthrough = ON (AC3 and DTS = ON, all others OFF)
    • Video
    • Adjust display refresh rate = OFF
    • Sync playback to display = OFF
    • Enable HQ scalars for scaling above = 30%
    • Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec = ON
    • Accelerate MPEG2 = 720p and up
    • Accelerate MPEG4 = 720p and up

[hr]

As I already say issue appear after any error in the stream from pvr. I'm recorded TS sample with that error at tenth second. For me, 008-fix plays this file with only small distortion at the tenth second. 009 and later starts play jerky after the tenth second.
    sample.ts

I also ran Yuri's test clip (above) and observed the same slow frame rate as Yuri. Similar to my test clip (though Stereo sound in this case vs. AC3 sound in mine).
    My settings are as described above

PS Also tried test clips with (video / Playback) Adjust display refresh rate = Always and = On start / Stop ..... no change in behaviour (Pause during refresh rate change = 0.1 secs)

Edited once, last by redger (December 15, 2016 at 8:32 AM).

• MiniM8sPro S905 2gb/8gb
    Following my Bizzare testing results link    #145

I updated to LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212221553-r23560-g512a087.img
    (from LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212161011-r23559-gd4fc4f6.img)

I now can report that this version displays the same results on both my box and my friends identical box.
    The boot ups are now 90% working. Randomly the box will freeze and a cold boot will bring it up. Both identical boxes, same behaviour.
    It is now a rare freeze whereas before it was happening 50% percent of the time as on my friends box and only 20% on my identical box.
    Nearly there is what i call it. ;)

• I attempted to upgrade A95x S905 from version .009 to .010 by dropping the img.gz file and .dtb from the .010 tree in the update folder. It locked up on reboot at the A95x prompt. I removed the card and put the kernel, system and dtb files on the fat partition and it booted fine. I was rather surprised as I have never had an issue with dropping the files in the update folder. Maybe just a fluke but thought i would report it.
    [hr]
    update.
    Perhaps I spoke to soon. Tried to reboot the system and it hung again. After a power off and on then it worked.

Edited once, last by skyeagle (December 15, 2016 at 12:00 AM).

• I updated to LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212221553-r23560-g512a087.img

I used the DEV Build

I attempted to upgrade A95x S905 from version .009 to .010

You may want to use the DEV build as it will help sort out the freeze.
    We know the 7.0.3.010 freezes a lot on some S905 Boxes but we need to know progress on the Dev Builds.

• to confirm ... I've just tested LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img the videos with audio which cause problems for version 9 and 10 work ok on version 7 ... my h264 1080i/50 AC3 and yuri's 1080i Stereo test clip both work ok

The 720p/50 progressive content also has problems in version 7 .... it stutters

• ] redger

First of all, I couldn't test your sample clips as the files are password protected.

My box is a re-branded Mini M8S II 2GB/8GB, according to other fora. Video and audio go through an Onkyo AVR to my Panasonic TV

I tested with 1080i50 H264 AC3 2.0 (BBCHD caps from 2011) without an issue
    I also tested with 720p50 H264 AC3 5.1, without issues again.