7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• 7.0.3.011 (2016-12-18)
    Changelog:

• fixed LIRC in 32-bit builds (thanks to Raybuntu)

Thanks for fixing the remotes. Now I can use my MCE with the 32bit LE :)
    [hr]

From memory - When the video is playing, press <m> for menu, go to the video icon, select and then select deinterlacing and set off. At the bottom of the list, click on "set as default for all videos"

Note: this works only with hardware acceleration turned off

Edited once, last by minimoe (December 19, 2016 at 9:10 AM).

• OK, A clean install of the 32bit build to USB seems to have helped a lot with the Beelink, but the MiniMX clone hangs most of the time, regardless 64/32bit usb/sd (not game to try internal) :s

Edited once, last by Poida (December 19, 2016 at 9:36 AM).

• Use the 32-bit userspace. Your benefits include

• access to the many addons for the armhf archictecture (same as the raspberry pi), especially widevine content encryption and console emulators
    • not having the hard-to-find memory leak, that would make 1G ram boxes unusable after running for a longer time on the 64-bit version
    • lower memory footprint of the kodi application and binary addons overall

• Use the 32-bit userspace. Your benefits include

• access to the many addons for the armhf archictecture (same as the raspberry pi), especially widevine content encryption and console emulators
    • not having the hard-to-find memory leak, that would make 1G ram boxes unusable after running for a longer time on the 64-bit version
    • lower memory footprint of the kodi application and binary addons overall

1. Are there any Pros to use 64bit at all?
    2. Why is it still being developed?
    3. Is 7.90 alpha a 32 or 64 bit build?

Thank you.

• 1. On embedded systems with limited ram, having a 64bit instead of a 32bit userspace usually has very limited benefits.
    2. Why not? The 32bit userspace on top of a 64bit amlogic linux kernel is a new feature. Having both versions is useful for testing and debugging and offers those who do not want to switch a clean update path.
    3. To my knowledge, 32bit is currently considered as the way to go forward. Check the alpha release threads for the discussion.

• I collected 10 uart logs from 10 bootups, most of them failed. (HERE)
    These are from the latest 011 32bit build, using Sunvell T95M S905 2GB RAM, 8GB flash, installed on internal nand.
    Hope it helps.

Thanks for your work!

• Just to check something with you guys:

I want to do a clean install with the latest 7.3.2.011 32 bit version from a previous 64 bit LibreElec version. Can I do this by inserting the appropriate SD card and booting from SD into LibreElec using the hidden reset button and then installing it to NAND. Does this completely wipe my NAND and rewrite it with the 32 bit version? Including the correct devicetree (which was used on the SD card)?

If so, can I restore a backup in LibreElec which was made in a previous 64 bit version? Or do I after a restore need to clean the addon cache and to update by force refreshing every repository?

• In the first post I see the following known issue since 010

• 3D support is experimental and not tested.

I'll be updating my "main" box soon to the .011 32 bit build. Will be a new install on new microsd card. I play 3D movies quite regurarly on my main box so was wondering if there is anything that i need to look out for in regards to 3D? Also let me know if there is anything specific that you need tested. If all goes well on my main box I'll also update my 2nd box to the same build.

• Hello, I installed LibreELEC using recovery, it boots but in the LibreELEC startup guide thing after I press the first next I can't press the next button anymore, the only thing I can hear it's the Kodi sound like when you're pressing the menu. What I should do?

• -how to use lirc function anyway, do we still need Lirc.xml in /userdata? and when i try to load protocols it shows

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/userdata # ir-keytable -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY,LIRC,OTHER
    /sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

-vu plus addon unable to load dlls in 32 bit version
    -i also feel the terrible boot fail in mxq pro quick play, estimation 1 success from 3 attempts

Edited once, last by 2ami (December 19, 2016 at 3:32 PM).

• Hello, I installed LibreELEC using recovery, it boots but in the LibreELEC startup guide thing after I press the first next I can't press the next button anymore, the only thing I can hear it's the Kodi sound like when you're pressing the menu. What I should do?

I have the same problem (M8S II) with NAND install.
    Instead, booting from sd card, screen stays black over 4 minutes before libreelec logo. Then it boots up in 20 seconds and runs fine.

Any suggestions please?

• I experienced boot failures of 64 bit builds on both my Beelink M18 (S905, 2G/16G) and MX64 (same configuration as M18) using fresh install mSD card. It just stuck at Google TV boot logo. The only way I could boot to Libre is by unplugging the HDMI cable, power it up and then plug the HDMI cable back. Both TV are Toshiba though, I haven't tried the 32-bit or on any other S905 boxes, or with other TV brands.

Both boxes were working fine with 7.90 (Dec 4) builds.