7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• Quick question... I'd like to go back to 7.0.3.011 from 7.90. I have LE installed onto NAND. Can I just drop the 7.0.3.011 img.gz and proper device tree into 'Update' folder and reboot? Thanks.

• Quick question... I'd like to go back to 7.0.3.011 from 7.90. I have LE installed onto NAND. Can I just drop the 7.0.3.011 img.gz and proper device tree into 'Update' folder and reboot? Thanks.

Yes.
    You might only encounter issues if addons are not compatible between versions or if addon cache remained from the previous install when switching architecture.
    I recommend the 32bit version. The reasons and howto are thoroughly explained here.

Edited once, last by atreyu (December 20, 2016 at 3:58 PM).

• * If you use S905X device with TV without HDR support the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video.

Can anyone describe the user experience with this bug ?. Does it bother ?.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Yes it does...;) And by the way, my tv does'nt get darker at boot, but i gets much lighter when start/stop video. This is because my tv can show full rang rgb ( also known as HDMI Black Leves) .
    So when i boot i can select low or normal black levels in my tv settings, but after starting a vidio the box changes to reduced color range (16-235) , and the HDMI option is disabled on my tv.
    So every on who gets a dark screen on boot has a tv that can receive full color range, but has adjusted the tv for limited color range and gets a crappy pictur:(

So please fix it so it sends full color range (0 - 255) all the time ;)

-2re:=)

• Please read the opening post. This is described in detail by kszaq. Really hard to go wrong ;)
    The main difference betwen the 32/64 build is memeory management. There's a hard-to-solve- issue on 64bit that does not seem to be present in 32bit builds.

I got this information in this very thread or the last release thread. If you are interested all your questions are anwered already.

Thank you very much, I looked in the opening post, there is nothing regarding what is 32 what is 64 whats wrong with each, who fits who.... it just says to go 32 if you going clean installing and if u still wanna update then remove some stuff etc, I just wanted to know if 32/64 depending on hardware/box type and whats the actually difference since nothing about it in the first post.

So I made a regular update with 64, it showed something in the log some issue with the device tree file [which was correct], but it still finished and rebooted, I then decided to go for the 32 fresh install and everything working great and smooth, awesome job again kszaq ;)

• You can still boot LE from internal, right? You can update to 32-bit build without nuking everything. I recommend to update to 64-bit 7.0.3.011 first and afterwards you can "update" from 64-bit to 32-bit build. Just drop .img.gz with device tree for your box into Update folder.

Using the same method but for the 64bit worked perfectly. I'm sorry but, how do I find the update folder? Do I create it in my sd card?
    I think I can (technically) move the two files from my sd card to /storage/update if that's the path you meant. But I'm not sure what the SSH commands are to do that. I don't wanna fuck it up :P.

• As I understand you are using this build (11) ? So you haven't used (9) and seen the problem I described? Because every single DTSHD-HR movie is doing this DTS core extraction and I want to be sure before updating because I would have to do all my configurations again which would take me hours.

Earlier I tested the samples only with the 32bit 011 version.

Now, I made a fresh SD install and tested first with 009. No problem, DTS HR passes fine to the AVR
    Then, I updated the installation to 64bit 011. Again, no problem.

There are differences between the two boxes, it seems. I suggest you install 011 on a blank SD card and test it yourself.

• Okay, thanks. Planning a hard reset first, rebooting, then downgrading to Jarvis build.

My advice: put img.gz with Jarvis build in Update folder and then select hard reset in LE settings. If I imagined it right, it will result in a clean Jarvis installation.

• Hi all,

I'm new to this, but I would like to set my android box running with LE so that it boots straight to Kodi.
    I don't use any of the other Android stuff on the box, so am happy to go with Kodi only.

I've had some experience of Openelec on a rPi before, so know my way around boot images and recoveries...

I've tried to follow the instructions on this thread:
    - Downloaded the image
    - Downloaded the tree
    - Extracted the image to SD
    - Renamed and overwrote the tree with the downloaded one
    - Inserted card into box
    - Tried the reset method
    - Tried the Backup and Update app method

Both methods result in a failure during recovery:
    Recovery picture

The box that I have: Sunvell T95M 2GB + 8GB

Am I doing something obviously stupid?? :)

Cheers

Edited once, last by kszaq (December 20, 2016 at 9:16 PM).

• Just to confirm that I did a fresh install on my Nexbox A95X S905X 1/8gb with the latest 32 bit build. Easy upgrade and it appears to be a solid build, with all functions that I use working spot on.......memory leak issue has all but disappeared. Great work Kszaq. Cheers

• brypie For S905X start with not replacing a device tree. Simply "burn" downloaded image to SD card using Rufus. Your box booting to recovery means that it refuses to boot from SD card for some reason.

Edited once, last by kszaq (December 20, 2016 at 9:18 PM).

• Tried the Backup and Update app method

Make a fake zip. Anything, a text file and zip it.
    Copy it to a USB stick and insert it in the box.
    With the LE Sd card inserted at the same time.
    In android use the UPDATE APP and update pointing it to the fake zip as the update file to update from.
    Follow the prompts to update.

• Could someone please upload a remote.conf for a Beelink M18 running Kszaq's LE. For some reason the one I found in Android in my M18 does not work with LE. I used Alex's for some time but that link has gone dead.
    Thanks

• brypie For S905X start with not replacing a device tree. Simply "burn" downloaded image to SD card using Rufus. Your box booting to recovery means that it refuses to boot from SD card for some reason.

Thanks for the help.
    Still no joy though - same error about the /Misc partition

I'll keep trying...

• Hello,

When I'm watching Live Tv, and push the back button to go to the home screen the HDMI signal goes away for some seconds, same thing when I do the contrary, frome home screen to Live Tv? How can I solve this?

regards, Jefken.

I think this is intended sounds like the refresh rate of your screen is switching allowing for optimal playback.