Display MoreThis is insanely good news! I wonder if the DV is "off" in the colors and brightness of it like the HDR is on my AMD mini pc though, compared to my AM6B+ ? The HDR on my AMD mini PC is not useable because it's too off and I tried everything. So I use it for SDR, especially high framerates H264 SDR which does not work correctly on AmLogic.
But yes, I can test AMD for you but I can't give the mini pc I use it with libreelec already.I have Beelink SER8 AMD Ryzen™ 7 8845HS with AMD Radeon™ 780M 12-Core 2700 MHz model.
Yes overkill but I software decode everything on it.
Does the DV work in software decoding if you have the power?
I will be watching this thread to help you out when you make AMD builds.
Thanks a lot for your efforts!
Yes, it should work, although I don't see much practical use for software decoding when hardware decoding is available.
My DV reconstruction and rendering use the GPU standard graphics/compute pipeline through libplacebo.
I don’t plan to implement a fully SW DV renderer. The work necessary is massive to do it, and I don’t see much practical benefit. Almost every modern consumer CPU has a capable iGPU, and CPU with iGPU too weak for my current DV renderer are unlikely to have enough CPU performance to handle the same workload in the CPU anyway.
So it wouldn’t really open up many additional compatibility or use cases.