RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• escalade

I just want to say thank you for this build. I was using Kodibuntu before this. I had to go through a lot just to get roms and remotes to work correctly for RCB. A programmer helped me create scripts to get it to work. But it was very time consuming and sensitive. Every time i Updated Kodi it would break. Then they abandoned Kodibuntu. So I switched to LibreElec and then found your build. So great to have remotes and roms working on a fresh install. All but the following. I would like to know if you can help me. If i am doing something wrong please insult me so that I can correct my actions. I am so close.

1. I still can not get PS2 roms to launch. What log file will i need to post?

2. When I launch a Game Cube rom, my Logitech f710 wireless game controller does not respond. Is there a log file for that?

3. Can I post the specific logfile? or do they all have to go to pastebin?

The following is not so important but would be nice.

4. No gui sounds when using the same f710 game controller in Kodi.

5. My remote: Zotac Zbox remote control RC2604323/01G with New IR Receiver OVU710001/00, does not work in emulation station.

Unrelated, I do notice that LibreElec runs kind of laggy compared to KodiBuntu on the same box. Gui Sounds take time to start after inactivity. Art work is slower to refresh. Was there more power in Kodibuntu because it was on top of Ubuntu? Thank you. I look forward to donating, worth every penny.

ZOTAC ZBOX M Series MI520U - mini PC - Core i3 4010U 1.7 GHz - 4GB Ram - 500 GBHD

• 20171121:

Code
    samba: update to 4.7.3
    mesa: update to d1e6cf4 (17.3-rc5)
    retroarch: update to c056726
    emulationstation-theme-simple-dark: add n3ds art
    emulation: package bumps for beetle-psx-libretro, beetle-saturn-libretro and ppsspp-libretro
    linux: update to 4.14.1
    Merge pull request #37 from kuehnelth/feature_shortcut_settings
    estuary: add options to disable emulators/spotify/chrome shortcuts
  • RomMon

I can see just from your command line that you are using an ARM container on x86_64. Anyway, this is not a Docker support thread. I'll see about the qemu emulation issue at some point (could be my systemd version or recent kernel, it used to work), but if you have no specific need to run ARM binaries then you should use x86_64 containers.

Ok, now I get it. I was just trying your command for 'Run Docker ARM containers on x86_64' from your post 1.

The Portainer command is:

Code
    docker run -d -p 9000:9000 \
            -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
            -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
            -v /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/docker.linuxserver.portainer/config:/data \
            -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
            portainer/portainer
  • @gwire

Let me try to answer some of your questions.

1. Start reading from post #1,884 for PS2 information. For logfiles, Samba should be enabled, so you can access the Samba shares from a remote location. E.g from a windows pc you can access the logs via: \\libreelec\Logfiles

A script will automatically run to collect the required logs, and zip it for your. You only need to attach it to your post (no need for pastbin).

Read the info and link in post #1 carefully.

2. There are some tools installed with this build to test controllers, sdl2-jstest and hcitool. (I only used jstest)

/usr/bin/sdl2-jstest -l (look for Joystick Number:, which can be 0)

Dolphin has its own controller configuration, and you need to be aware of the option to toggle maximize/unmaximize a window with [ALT] + [F10]

[Esc] > stop game and go to menu

[F10] > resume game

[ALT] + [F10] > toggle maximize/un-maximize a window

Remove stats on screen:Options > Graphics > Advanced > Show Statics

3. See 1.

4. What do you mean. Do you hear menu-sounds, but would like to switch them off, or are you missing menu-sounds using a controller?

I suspect the last one, as that is what I observe. Don't know, didn't check if there are options to have menu-sounds with a controller.

5. The logs should help to find if the hardware is recognized. See 1. for logs.

• 20171121:

Code
    samba: update to 4.7.3
    mesa: update to d1e6cf4 (17.3-rc5)
    retroarch: update to c056726
    emulationstation-theme-simple-dark: add n3ds art
    emulation: package bumps for beetle-psx-libretro, beetle-saturn-libretro and ppsspp-libretro
    linux: update to 4.14.1
    Merge pull request #37 from kuehnelth/feature_shortcut_settings
    estuary: add options to disable emulators/spotify/chrome shortcuts

tvheadend won't start -> libva.so.1 is missing

Code
    ################################################################################
    # ... output of cat /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log
    # LibreELEC release: Generic.x86_64-devel-20171121
    # 
    ################################################################################
    /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libva.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  • 5schatten you missed this post

well it does not work at my system.

EDIT:

it works after linking the other missing libs too:

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib 
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva.so.1
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva-drm.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva-drm.so.1
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva-x11.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva-x11.so.1

Edited 2 times, last by 5schatten (November 24, 2017 at 3:31 PM).

• RomMon

Thank you, I read everything carefully. I have no problem with shares. I know where the log files are zipped. I can also ssh into the box. I would like to work on the PCSX2 problem for now before I move on to the next.

I also have a fresh install on another box with the same results for PCSX2. I saw this from slacker666 and got similar results.

END QUOTE

I did this:

Code
    /usr/bin/pcsx2.start /storage/roms/ps2/game.iso

Results in:

/usr/bin/pcsx2.start: line 5: docker: not found

/usr/bin/pcsx2.start: line 5: docker: not found

Sending action: RunScript(/usr/bin/audio-suspend.py)

Job for kodi.service canceled.

Then:

Code
    /usr/bin/pcsx2.sh

Results in:

Running as unit: run-r22a859962d9645d7beebda2ec52ddd28.service

Ok then I saw this as a solution:

BlaBla1973

Probably because I didn't add nvidia drivers to the Docker image. I've updated the image now, can you do a docker pull escalade1/arch ; docker pull escalade1/arch-pcsx2 through ssh and then try again? If that doesn't work you could switch to software opengl through running pcsx2.sh and then configure the gsdx plugin.

What does this mean? do i run this from an ssh command prompt? When I do, I get this:

Code
    docker pull escalade1/arch ; docker pull escalade1/arch-pcsx2

Results in:

-sh: docker: not found

-sh: docker: not found

How do you run pcsx2.sh?

where or how would I configure gsdx plugin?

WTF is a docker? How do I update a file docker?

This is the last thing I read about PCSX2:

I was talking about the older 1.4 version. I don't believe I've used that version in my docker image, you can probably check the version in the menus somewhere.

I haven't included any auto update feature, so for now you can update the docker images like this to get the last version:

docker pull escalade1/arch-pcsx2

If this is the Solution how do I implement it?

• Installed 20171121 build and my NUC now have the "double-click" symptom with IR remote.

I checked that LIRC was disabled in LibreElec services as prevously stated but still got double key entry?

Am i the only one ?

Edited once, last by Ti-Paul (November 25, 2017 at 4:51 PM).

• gwire

Your problem looks you don't have Docker installed (this requirement is stated in #1,886, #1,895, and #1,896).

You need to install this Kodi add-on via kodi, and than try again.

LOL, Thank you for your help, very much appreciated! I will try when I get home. Do i just do search in Kodi for Docker, and install it? Or is there something more specific I need to look for or do? Is it a specific docker for PCSX2? or is it something general needed by PCSX2? Not familiar with what a docker is or what it is for. Sorry. Thanks again

• Ahaaaaaa. I had my two DS3 controllers working in RetroArch using LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171016 following #2,063. But after an downgrade/restore to LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170621, and upgrade again to Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171016, I'm not able to get the DS3 controllers working in RetroArch...

Tried following #2,063 again, didn't work.

But even copying the following two files from a backup of the working situation doesn't help:

/storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

/storage/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/udev/PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller.cfg

There is a change in controller behavior, where if I connect the DS3's with the RetroArch menu open it is continue scrolling down, and left/right of the D-pad is working. But the keyboard is not working while a controller is connected, and the other buttons don't work.

Are there other files I need to restore?

Edit:

Copied over the two files again, and now it works. It is '/storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg' that made it work.

Edited once, last by RomMon (November 25, 2017 at 11:36 PM).

• I have a very similar issue to RomMon. I have a new install of LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170621. I have an airmouse / keyboard combo and a DS3 controller, and both work fine... until I go into retroarch. If I leave the DS3 unconnected, the airmouse works in the interface and to control the games, but the games are almost uncontrollable due to the airmouse's button layout ( which is of course nobody's fault =D ). If I connect the DS3 sometimes the airmouse stops working completely and sometimes the left / right work only. The DualShock3 will exhibit the same issues at the same time.

My apologies for not having any logs at this time, I will post them shortly as I have time.

• @TheCouchMonster

Must be another problem than I had.

I was running the same old version as you did (20170621) for a long time without problems.

It is a change in kernel-modules for Sony used in the current versions requiring remapping for DS3/4 controllers. See #1,978, and #2,013

But there is something causing difficulty configuring RetroArch in current versions, a RA bug according someone #2,063.

• escalade  RomMon

Yep, after all, all I had to do is install Docker. Like you said, first launch took a while to download everything and then voila! PS2 iso roms are running. It is running kind of choppy and in slow motion at times and there are streaky shadow artifacts when there is more motion. I will read about settings. Is there a preferred bios file? I have multiple ps2 bios files. For now I will delete the others and use the default one ( scph39001) to see if that was a problem. Any pointers to preferred setting would be appreciated. Thank you so much!!

• RomMon escalade

For GameCube. After hitting escape, I was able to configure my game controller in the game menu under controllers. The game cube emulator works great by the way. Graphics and performance are good by default.

Thank you for guiding me. I read the 1st post multiple times. Was hard to understand how to implement certain things without explicit instructions. Did not know wtf a docker add on was and how to install it. Lol. PS2 is running but graphics are not so good. I need to experiment with the settings now that I can access the gsdx plugin. Thank you.