RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• 20170907:

PCSX2 is here :D The intel-core-avx build has been updated with an actual working version and the Generic image should be up soon as well. If you are updating to this build run the following in a terminal to update Emulationstation:

cp /usr/config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg /storage/.config/emulationstation

Then put bios scph39001.bin (USA/NTSC) in your /storage/roms/bios and roms in /storage/roms/ps2. You can change bios and plugins by manually running /usr/bin/pcsx2.sh to get the GUI and configure from there. There's also the possibility to ALT+TAB while inside a game.

As always, a keyboard is handy to use emulators. The DS4v1 is autodetected and works (even rumble), although I couldn't get a second one working properly (also tested onepad-legacy). See my comment on a similar issue on their github. If anyone manages to fix it let me know. Probably not an issue with other gamecontrollers.

Cant seem to get this to work. Seems to launch then return to emulation station

Much the same trying to run from the CLI also. I can provide the logs from the log share if you need, but I had a quick look through and count find any logs relating to docker. Docker starts, container runs, then immediately exits

Edited 2 times, last by PrimusNZ: spelling fail (September 8, 2017 at 1:27 AM).

• A few posts ago Escalade said...

Yes, Well done, You can read too.

I have docker installed. I have his container installed.

I have even removed and reinstalled the container

Edited once, last by PrimusNZ (September 8, 2017 at 1:58 AM).

• escalade I think I have found an issue with your freeze/unfreeze script

It stops kodi, but doesnt start it again when its done

Code
    kodi_unfreeze() {
      if [ ! "$1" = "muteonly" ]; then
        kodi-send --action="RunScript(/usr/bin/audio-resume.py)"
      else
        systemctl start kodi
      fi
    }

Should probably be

Code
    kodi_unfreeze() {
      if [ "$1" = "muteonly" ]; then
        kodi-send --action="RunScript(/usr/bin/audio-resume.py)"
      else
        systemctl start kodi
      fi
    }

Since you're only restarting Kodi if muteonly is specified, which I think is the opposite of the desired behaviour

• Cool, thanks for the feedback. My NUC D54250WYK runs OK except for some games (Tekken for example) that run a bit slow. God of War played OK though. Dolphin actually seems to run smoother, so guess the older 32-bit code base of PCSX2 isn't very well optimized or the PS2 is just harder to emulate. Would be interested to hear feedback from those with more powerful Intel CPUs, contemplating getting a NUC7 or maybe even the older Skull Canyon if I can find it at a decent price.

I noticed that I got an "illegal instruction" when trying to run PCSX2 on my Cherry Trail Tronsmart Ara X5. I'm installing PCSX2 from the archlinuxcn repo, I'm guessing they built their package optimized for a higher CPU. This could be remedied by rebuilding the package, but I don't feel like maintaining that.

• Not yet. 20170907 for intel-core-avx is out though. Put your roms in /storage/roms/ps2 and bios files in in /storage/roms/bios then you're all set (scph39001.bin USA is the default). Also you need to edit /storage/.config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg or copy the default one from /usr/config/emulationstation.

Note that the Docker addon is a requirement, and first time launching a PS2 game will take some time as my container will be downloaded in the background.

might be retarded here, but how do i get the docker addon?

OT: is the default dolphin launcher better than the one used in retroarch?

• slacker666

Same way you get other addons. I use Dolphin, the standalone version (built from git). The RetroArch core is experimental and under development, I'm not sure about the status but the standalone version should be the best experience at the moment.

• Docker addon is under "Services"

yeah, i was retarded :P

but i cant seem to get it to run, i did (from ssh):

Code
    /usr/bin/pcsx2.start /storage/roms/ps2/game.iso

Resulting in:

Sending action: RunScript(/usr/bin/audio-suspend.py)
    Job for kodi.service canceled.

Running:

Code
    /usr/bin/pcsx2.sh

Results in:
    Running as unit: run-ra24d53cbcc0b4bde91e8eb05b4bcc701.service

and nothing more, took some time when trying to start a game from Emulationstation (screen went black for a couple of minutes) and then just went back to emulationstation again.
    Do I need to do something else? I copied the es_systems.cfg file as described earlier and downloaded the Docker addon.

• Trying to update from 20170823 to 20170826 on Rpi3.

I don't recall ever having an issue upgrading before but now when I copy LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel-20170826.img.gz to the .update folder I get the following:

I have downloaded the .img.gz file multiple times and tried to updated at least 4-5 times now.

I've done some searching but thus far haven't found anything relevant in this thread or on other libreelec forums.

I have the exact same problem on my RPI3 trying to upgrade from 20170902 to 20170908.

• I was busy with the ps2 emulator yesterday, but I do not get anything started by an GS error

Hardware : I5(4430) - 4GB - Nvidea 1050 GTX

Error log PS2:

PCSX2 1.5.0-20170906180837 - compiled on Sep 7 2017

Savestate version: 0x9a0d0000

Host Machine Init:

Operating System = Linux 4.12.10 x86_64

Physical RAM = 3855 MB

CPU name = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz

Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 03)

CPU speed = 2.995 ghz (4 logical threads)

x86PType = Standard OEM

x86Flags = bfebfbff 7ffafbbf

x86EFlags = 2c100000

x86 Features Detected:

SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. AVX2.. FMA

Plugins shutdown successfully.

Installing POSIX SIGSEGV handler...

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins from /usr/lib32/pcsx2...

Bound GS: libGSdx.so [GSdx (GCC 7.1.1 AVX2/AVX2) 1.1.0]

Bound PAD: libonepad.so [OnePAD 20170906180837 2.0.0]

Bound SPU2: libSPU2null.so [SPU2null 0.8.0]

Bound CDVD: libCDVDnull.so [CDVDnull Driver 20170906180837 0.6.0]

Bound USB: libUSBnull-0.7.0.so [USBnull Driver 20170906180837 0.7.0]

Bound FW: libFWnull-0.7.0.so [FWnull Driver 20170906180837 0.7.0]

Bound DEV9: libdev9null-0.5.0.so [DEV9null Driver 20170906180837 0.5.0]

Plugins loaded successfully.

HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...

Init GS

Init PAD

Init SPU2

Init CDVD

Init USB

Init FW

Init DEV9

Plugins initialized successfully.

Patches: No CRC found, using 00000000 instead.

Opening plugins...

Opening GS

(GameDB) 9712 games on record (loaded in 157ms)

libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found

libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

Failed to create the opengl context. Check your drivers support openGL 3.3. Hint: opensource drivers don't

Closing plugins...

Closing GS

Plugins closed successfully.

Shutting down plugins...

Plugins shutdown successfully.

(p) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(thread:EE Core)

(PCSX2:1): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file “/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.G9X65Yâ€: No such file or directory

(PCSX2:1): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

(PCSX2:1): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file “/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.4DJO6Yâ€: No such file or directory

(PCSX2:1): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

(GameDB) Unloading...

• BlaBla1973

Probably because I didn't add nvidia drivers to the Docker image. I've updated the image now, can you do a docker pull escalade1/arch ; docker pull escalade1/arch-pcsx2 through ssh and then try again? If that doesn't work you could switch to software opengl through running pcsx2.sh and then configure the gsdx plugin.