Posts by PrimusNZ

meldrak

The resolution you are running at doesn't matter. PCSX2 renders at native PS2 resolution by default and it'll get upscaled to 1080p or whatever.

PrimusNZ

I already have a simpler automated setup. PCSX2 1.4 is ancient btw, nearly two years old. Had artifacts and issues with several games on my haswell until I upgraded to the latest git version.

Im testing a build using yaourt (From the archlinuxfr repo) to compile from source using the AUR

slacker666 I've done basic testing on my docker image and so far seems well, very laggy on my APU, but runs nonetheless (Which in my opinion, is better than not running at all, I'd rather know it runs like sh*t than not know why it doesnt work at all)

If you want to give it a whirl, copy /usr/bin/pcsx2.start to /storage and edit the new file, replace all instances of escalade1/arch-pcsx2 with iownsu/pcsx2 then update your es_systems.cfg to point to /storage/pcsx2.start

I'd give it a good few hours though, my upload is crap and the image is still publishing to docker hub

This is NOT considered a replacement for escalades image, more just for testing, I cant really provide support for it other then what i've given above.

escalade, If you're interested, you can check out my scripts for building the image here GitHub - PrimusNZ/libreelec-pcsx2-docker: Docker Creation script for LibreELEC
    Uses Manjaro's official/stable version of PCSX2 (1.4.0-5)

I have an Intel J1900 cpu.

How can I implement that hacky sh script of yours to my machine?

slacker666 You cant really, the hacky script was just to verify if it was that version of PCSX2 that was the issue, it cant actually be used for day to day.

So unless escalade uses another package, you, me and probably a few other people are sh*t out of luck.
    Im am however working on building my own docker container to do the same thing (But with a different package) so i'll let you know when I know more

Okay, I have narrowed this issue down. Appears to be an issue with the version of pcsx2 being used.

If I use this very hacky script (for testing) to install Manjaro's pcsx2 package, it works fine on both systems

My guess is the issue is with the archlinuxcn's version of pcsx2

slacker666 I have this exact same behaviour, did you manage to get past it ?

escalade Any suggestions ?

escalade I think I have found an issue with your freeze/unfreeze script

It stops kodi, but doesnt start it again when its done

Code
    kodi_unfreeze() {
      if [ ! "$1" = "muteonly" ]; then
        kodi-send --action="RunScript(/usr/bin/audio-resume.py)"
      else
        systemctl start kodi
      fi
    }

Should probably be

Code
    kodi_unfreeze() {
      if [ "$1" = "muteonly" ]; then
        kodi-send --action="RunScript(/usr/bin/audio-resume.py)"
      else
        systemctl start kodi
      fi
    }

Since you're only restarting Kodi if muteonly is specified, which I think is the opposite of the desired behaviour

A few posts ago Escalade said...

Yes, Well done, You can read too.

I have docker installed. I have his container installed.

I have even removed and reinstalled the container

20170907:

PCSX2 is here :D The intel-core-avx build has been updated with an actual working version and the Generic image should be up soon as well. If you are updating to this build run the following in a terminal to update Emulationstation:

cp /usr/config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg /storage/.config/emulationstation

Then put bios scph39001.bin (USA/NTSC) in your /storage/roms/bios and roms in /storage/roms/ps2. You can change bios and plugins by manually running /usr/bin/pcsx2.sh to get the GUI and configure from there. There's also the possibility to ALT+TAB while inside a game.

As always, a keyboard is handy to use emulators. The DS4v1 is autodetected and works (even rumble), although I couldn't get a second one working properly (also tested onepad-legacy). See my comment on a similar issue on their github. If anyone manages to fix it let me know. Probably not an issue with other gamecontrollers.

Cant seem to get this to work. Seems to launch then return to emulation station

Much the same trying to run from the CLI also. I can provide the logs from the log share if you need, but I had a quick look through and count find any logs relating to docker. Docker starts, container runs, then immediately exits

Teaser:

Coming very soon to an Emulationstation near you ;)

Do you have this code in a branch ? I'd love to assist with testing

Heres my mount file XVRQ

Copying nfs.mount.sample in the ~/.config/system.d/ and configuring yeilds a successful mount of my NAS server's files on my LibreELEC system via NFS.

Unmounts fail however due to there being no -c option in umount. This causes the system to hang on shutdown (Which is annoying when you're trying to save a buck by shutting down an idle system)

Display Spoiler

● storage-test.mount - test nfs mount script

Loaded: loaded (/storage/.config/system.d/storage-test.mount; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: active (mounted) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2017-08-18 01:21:39 NZST; 1s ago

Where: /storage/test

What: 192.168.254.254:/mnt/user/ISOS

Process: 3056 ExecUnmount=/usr/bin/umount /storage/test -c (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Process: 3034 ExecMount=/usr/bin/mount 192.168.254.254:/mnt/user/ISOS /storage/test -t nfs (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

CGroup: /system.slice/storage-test.mount

Aug 18 01:21:30 RyanHTPC systemd[1]: Mounting test nfs mount script...

Aug 18 01:21:30 RyanHTPC systemd[1]: Mounted test nfs mount script.

Aug 18 01:21:39 RyanHTPC systemd[1]: Unmounting test nfs mount script...

Aug 18 01:21:39 RyanHTPC systemd[1]: storage-test.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited status=1

Aug 18 01:21:39 RyanHTPC systemd[1]: Failed unmounting test nfs mount script.

umount command:

Display Spoiler

RyanHTPC:~/.config/system.d # umount /storage/test -c

umount: invalid option -- 'c'

BusyBox v1.26.2 (2017-07-28 19:38:17 CEST) multi-call binary.

Usage: umount [OPTIONS] FILESYSTEM|DIRECTORY

Unmount file systems

-a Unmount all file systems

-r Try to remount devices as read-only if mount is busy

-l Lazy umount (detach filesystem)

-f Force umount (i.e., unreachable NFS server)

-D Don't free loop device even if it has been use

It seems that either systemd needs to be patched to not use -c or the version of umount in LibreELEC needs to be updated to a version with the -c flag (Or have this option enabled)

This also seems to occur with CIFS mounts, however I cannot confirm if its the same -c option causing the unmount issue.

I'm building the 64-bit variant. With a downgraded Kodi to stable, since 17.4-RC1 crashes repeatedly on my hardware whereas 17.3 doesnt

How were you able to build your build without oniguruma ? Slang depends on this, and I kept getting an error with oniguruma.h not found.
    This COULD be related to me building on Arch linux

The way I fixed this (Might be a good addition to your project in case others have issues) was by adding the package and adding as a dependency of slang

packages/devel/onig/package.mk

packages/devel/slang/package.mk

Code
    PKG_DEPENDS_TARGET="toolchain onig"