RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• slacker666

And why would you need to mount it?

how_to:update_libreelec [LibreELEC]

Ah, I see, they've changed the whole update thing? So just put the .img.gz file in the "Update" dir? Mine's stuck in an endless error loop since I put the files in the legacy way there, dang... Not blaming you ofc, blaming myself for not being up to date.

erri thanks for heads up on that, didn't know that update had to be applied first.
    Deleting files wasn't an issue thanks to Parted Magic live USB.

Edited 2 times, last by slacker666: thx for additional info erri (September 4, 2017 at 8:51 PM).

• Ah, I see, they've changed the whole update thing? So just put the .img.gz file in the "Update" dir? Mine's stuck in a endless error loop since i put the files in the legacy way there, dang... Not blaming you ofc, blaming myself for not being up to date.

I see! this happen when you update directly to the latest version without updating first to the version in the archive folder. now you need to erase all content of the update folder to stop the error loop. read the readme file. the hard part will be to access your libreelec root system.

• Can anyone shed some light on my audio problem?

aplay -L displays this:

I want sound via HDMI output, so I'm guessing that's hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=0 ?

So, this is what I have in asound.conf:

Code
    pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm {
            @func getenv
            vars [ ALSAPCM ]
            # Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'
            default "hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=0"
        }
    }

No sound :(

Am I able to make these changes on the fly using SSH or do I have to keep rebooting the box to test the asound.conf setup?

Any help appreciated, thanks :)

PS

Also have hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=0 in the Retroarch.cfg under audio_device, if that helps

• clownstyle

You have of course read the instructions on the first page?

Yes I've had a read through, still seem to be having issues I'm afraid. Quite new to using SSH commands to change devices.

speaker-test works while in kodi, but it looks as though my default device is set to

sysdefault:CARD=SB

So should I be using that in my asound.conf instead of CARD=Generic

• Hi mate, diggin the build. Just an FYI, been using the AVX build on my NUC and with the latest one (20170904) I am unable to browse any NFS shares.

Reverted to 20170829 and all was good again.

I did not grab any logs at the time but will do tonight.

Cheers for your work!

• Yes I've had a read through, still seem to be having issues I'm afraid. Quite new to using SSH commands to change devices.

speaker-test works while in kodi, but it looks as though my default device is set to

sysdefault:CARD=SB

So should I be using that in my asound.conf instead of CARD=Generic

Scrap that. Now have it working :)

I did a fresh install of LibreELEC and used hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=0 in asound.conf

• escalade Hey mate. Got some time to provide logs for my NFS issue on 20170904 avx build I mentioned above

I am running a nuc5i7ryh

Kodi Log

system log

hardware log

I can see this myself if thats a clue.

Code
    18:40:02.463 T:140050200839936   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libnfs.so.8)
    18:40:02.463 T:140050200839936   DEBUG: Loading: libnfs.so.8
    18:40:02.463 T:140050200839936   ERROR: Unable to load libnfs.so.8, reason: libnfs.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    18:40:02.463 T:140050200839936   DEBUG: Dll libnfs.so.8 was not found in path
    18:40:02.463 T:140050200839936   ERROR: NFS: Error loading libnfs (HandleDyLoad).

Cheers for all your work legend

• jonbags

I see the problem, Kodi needs to be rebuilt after the last libnfs bump. In the meantime you can hack it like this:

mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/addons/hack/lib ; ln -s /usr/lib/libnfs.so.11 /storage/.kodi/addons/hack/lib/libnfs.so.8 ; systemctl restart kodi

• Teaser:

Coming very soon to an Emulationstation near you ;)

• Teaser:

Coming very soon to an Emulationstation near you ;)

Do you have this code in a branch ? I'd love to assist with testing

• Not yet. 20170907 for intel-core-avx is out though. Put your roms in /storage/roms/ps2 and bios files in in /storage/roms/bios then you're all set (scph39001.bin USA is the default). Also you need to edit /storage/.config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg or copy the default one from /usr/config/emulationstation.

Note that the Docker addon is a requirement, and first time launching a PS2 game will take some time as my container will be downloaded in the background.

• 20170907:

PCSX2 is here :D The intel-core-avx build has been updated with an actual working version and the Generic image should be up soon as well. If you are updating to this build run the following in a terminal to update Emulationstation:

cp /usr/config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg /storage/.config/emulationstation

Then put bios scph39001.bin (USA/NTSC) in your /storage/roms/bios and roms in /storage/roms/ps2. You can change bios and plugins by manually running /usr/bin/pcsx2.sh to get the GUI and configure from there. There's also the possibility to ALT+TAB while inside a game.

As always, a keyboard is handy to use emulators. The DS4v1 is autodetected and works (even rumble), although I couldn't get a second one working properly (also tested onepad-legacy). See my comment on a similar issue on their github. If anyone manages to fix it let me know. Probably not an issue with other gamecontrollers.

• 20170907:

PCSX2 is here :D The intel-core-avx build has been updated with an actual working version and the Generic image should be up soon as well. If you are updating to this build run the following in a terminal to update Emulationstation:

cp /usr/config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg /root/.config/emulationstation

Then put bios scph39001.bin (USA/NTSC) in your /storage/roms/bios and roms in /storage/roms/ps2. You can change bios and plugins by manually running /usr/bin/pcsx2.sh to get the GUI and configure from there. There's also the possibility to ALT+TAB while inside a game.

As always, a keyboard is handy to use emulators. The DS4v1 is autodetected and works (even rumble), although I couldn't get a second one working properly (also tested onepad-legacy). See my comment on a similar issue on their github. If anyone manages to fix it let me know. Probably not an issue with other gamecontrollers.

Are you sure for the command ?

i think it will be

Code
    cp /usr/config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg /storage/.config/emulationstation