RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• bunter fisch

In this case, I'd suggest giving up. You're unable to follow directions and I'm not going to hold your hand.

5schatten

Don't have the hardware to test myself and not too much online atm, just ping me if you find out anything more or if there's revised patches. An updated haswell build is uploading in some minutes with 4.14-rc2 and v2 patches perhaps that's worth a shot.

• Found an issue with the most current builds.

Both the LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170920 and LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170924 images have broken the ability to fully access my SMB share. I can see my NAS when adding files, but when I attempt to connect to a folder on the SMB share i get the message "Error: File exists".

Dropping back to the older version that I had lying around (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.2.img) solves the problem.

Thanks for creating and maintaining this project - your efforts are really appreciated!

• Hello,

i used your build mainly because it was the only build that supports hdmi audio out on x5-Z8300 „Cherry Trail“ (Orbsmart AW-06 Plus) box. Till the build from 20170908 everything works normal but in later builds audio out seams broken. I think it was the change to 4.13 kernel. I've testet nearly every build since then but always reverted back to the last 4.12 kernel build i have (from 08.09.2017).

Sorry for no logs, but first i want to ask if it is a known problem? Do you know if the official generic build (at least the latest beta) support my device/processor hdmi audio out?

• Sound works great for me (passthrough and pcm) on my x5-z8300 Tronsmart. Note that 4.13 for the first time properly enumerates all the audio devices on cherry trail so you'll need to re-select your audio device and choose the correct one. Also for your asound.conf, for me it's

hdmi:CARD=Audio,DEV=2.

• Sound works great for me (passthrough and pcm) on my x5-z8300 Tronsmart. Note that 4.13 for the first time properly enumerates all the audio devices on cherry trail so you'll need to re-select your audio device and choose the correct one. Also for your asound.conf, for me it's

hdmi:CARD=Audio,DEV=2.

Thanks very much :)! But i installed a official release and the newest one (at least) support our processor. I only used the kodi part ;).

• Hi just updated to LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170925

and my PS3 controllers are being detected but the id's are incorrect and not working (showing on the controllers as 2 & 4)

I haven't updated in awhile but everything was going great.

Is the "bluez: add back sixaxis patches" fix included in the avx version I downloaded?

I'm downloading x86_64-8.2-devel-20170920 to see if the controllers work again

Cheers

20170924:

Code
    bluez: add back sixaxis patches
    linux: update intel eld patch to v2
    linux: update intel hbr audio patch to v2
    linux: update to 4.13.3
    xf86-video-nvidia: update to 384.90

5schatten

The ELD connector patch v2 might fix your issue, so go ahead and give the latest build a try ;)

Edited once, last by superb (September 27, 2017 at 7:22 AM).

• How old was the build you updated from? In January I added Linux 4.10 which did some major rework on the hid-sony kernel driver. I guess this is why you now have a "motion sensor" that shows up as it's own joystick device.

The "add back sixaxis patches" you saw in the changelog was just because in the previous build (20170920) I updated to bluez 5.47 and didn't bother to update those patches. Now LE upstream fixed them so I included them again. They are included in the haswell build as well. I think the patches are only necessary for the "gasia" type of unoriginal sixaxis controllers.

Oh and in the future, post the complete log zip and not what you think is the relevant log.

• Hi i'm using the build from 20170621, lucky i had a backup img of the vdisk to roll back to.

I remember i updated because of the new mesa haswell build and the vulkan support for igpu.

This older version only shows the controller not the motion control as the new version does

• The DS4 changes came with 4.10, I guess the DS3/sixaxis changes came later. However, there is no way but forward. If you want it working, find out what needs to be done and create a PR.

• escalade Hey mate, apologies if this is something obvious that I have missed, but do you have a changelog location? For example on the avx builds, is there somewhere I can see what has changed between LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170925.tar and LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170927.tar?

I searched this thread and could not find a changelog discussion.

Cheers

• The DS4 changes came with 4.10, I guess the DS3/sixaxis changes came later. However, there is no way but forward. If you want it working, find out what needs to be done and create a PR.

Ok so I had some time to update again to see what was going on.

Looks like every button assignment joystick and d-pad system wide has been changed in the bluez update.

Each controller is still detected as 2 controllers, normal plus the sixaxis motion, but they are working now.

Kinda silly all the functions aren't all incorporated cause in dolphin the extra motion controls would be cool.

For now i may just stay on the old build.

Cheers

• I have a Apollo Lake Asorck J4205 motherboard and have noticed that since upgrading to the latest build with the version 2 hd audio patches that sometimes my audio starts to cut in and out. I either have to stop and restart the video I am playing or sometimes even have to restart my computer. Is anyone else having audio issues with Apollo lake? I am going into a Denon X2300w from my pc.