7.0.3.010 build for S905/S905X

• kszaq
    I stumbled upon this #58 You made a quote,
    "I mean switch entirely to 32-bit userspace. Kernel has to be kept 64-bit because some of prebuilt Amlogic modules are 64-bit only."

Is this what will happen ? I'm curious as to when testing 32bit will be the only testing. Or is this going to happen with Stable Krypton Release.

• Hi kszaq,
    Is it possible to run lakka from sd card in amlogic s905x box?
    Get Lakka - WeTek Play

Lakka is a separate OS. AFAIK Lakka people are working on a build for S805/S905 partially based on my work.

kszaq
    I stumbled upon this #58 You made a quote,
    "I mean switch entirely to 32-bit userspace. Kernel has to be kept 64-bit because some of prebuilt Amlogic modules are 64-bit only."

Is this what will happen ? I'm curious as to when testing 32bit will be the only testing. Or is this going to happen with Stable Krypton Release.

All my future Jarvis builds will be with 32- and 64-bit userspace. My Krypton builds will only have 32-bit userspace.

• Lakka is a separate OS. AFAIK Lakka people are working on a build for S805/S905 partially based on my work.

All my future Jarvis builds will be with 32- and 64-bit userspace. My Krypton builds will only have 32-bit userspace.

I see ,anyway we can use retroarch or other similar to play emu rom games then in ur build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hi Kostaman, thanks for your help so far.

When you say boot freeze, do you mean it doesn't progress from the amlogic boot logo?

I have just formatted and installed 7.0.2.009 as suggested and used all the p200 device trees and none progress from the amlogic logo. The only device tree that did progress was the p201 device tree but his also only shows 1GB ram within Kodi (same as the newer build).

If a device tree is incorrect for the box would you expect it to still boot but have functionality issues or would you expect it to hang on the amlogic logo?

Is it possible to modify the p201 device tree and change the amount of memory?

Is it possible to view any system logs of the boot process?

Edited once, last by moka88 (December 18, 2016 at 11:56 AM).

• Hi kszaq,

I've tested the 32Bit 7.0.3.010 version with device tree gxbb_p200_1G_100M (12. Dec) on my MXQ-Pro 4k.

+ update worked (I cleaned the cache and updated all apps)
    + the box was stable and all apps work
    + I had no booting issues when the Box was conntected at my Sony TV
    - the Box didn't boot when it was conntected at my Philips TV and the TV is in standby. When TV is switched on, Kodi boots. I gues the booting issue has something to do with HDMI-CEC.
    - after choosing "update channel" in libreelec settings, the libreelec setting page was blanc.
    - my music is upsampled from 44k to 48k (connected via SPDIF). This was fixed in version 7.0.2.009 but now it's back again.

• woohoo ... yes ! Thanks, that fixed the 1080i/50 synch problem. The video quickly recovers from the source error and continues to play "normally".
    I've now added that command to /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Great Thanks :):D

I refurbished a bit my antenna system and installed an LTE filter so now I have a clean&strong DVB-T signal :cool: but I am certainly going to add this to autostart.sh, no errors for the last hour.....
    kszaq also mpeg2 take a long time to recover from errors, maybe this parameter can help /sys/module/amvdec_mpeg12/parameters/error_frame_skip_level ?

• Hey, I have a m8s2 that it's using S905X and I can't manage to get it into booting. I downloaded gxl_p212_2g.dtb, renamed it into dtb.img. Downloaded LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.zip and used Rufus to make it bootable on a usb. moved dtb.img to the boot thing that has 500mb and inserted the usb in the mediabox and used the toothpick method but it gets into the stock image then i get a black screen where I can write. The screen is totally black and lights up only when I write something.What I should do?

• used Rufus to make it bootable on a usb

Why are you using Rufus at all?

Extract the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.img from the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.img.gz download, and write that to the USB drive with Win32DiskImager or similar - done.

• Go to #1
    That version has your device tree p201 2gb 18th December
    Good luck

Thanks for the heads up but I've already tested it after kszaq mentioned he created it in the s905 device tree thread a few hours ago. I get a boot freeze on the amlogic logo just like the p200 device trees :( . I tested on 011, 010 32 and 64. The 1GB p201 device tree works on the 011 build (just with 1GB ram).

• A: Grab remote.conf file from Android firmware (it's available in /system/etc) and copy it to Configuration folder: /storage/.config over SSH or \\your_box_IP\Configuration using Windows shares. You can also put that file to main folder of your SD card. You may need to remap some buttons.

Hey guys,
    How do you obtain the remote.conf file when I can't seem to get to /system/etc?
    Do I need to boot to android, copy it off, then boot to LE and then copy it to \config?

Thanks!