Posts by moka88

I've just bought the same box (Tops MX V 2GB/GB) and spent hours attempting to load different LE firmware versions/device trees to finally deduce that only the gbxx_p201 device tree works for this box.

I have run the Android CPU Z app which reports the box has 2GB of RAM and Kodi running under Android reports 1280MB of free memory so I presume it must have!

Hi bluetin

I'm assuming you are running the 1GB dtb for the p201?

Can you check avaliable ram in system kodi?

I suspect this box have only 1GB RAM...

I'm starting to think you may be right. The dtb's that came with the device do state 1GB of ram...

I will test a few things tonight/tomorrow with the dtb's you supplied to see if I can find out.
    [hr]

I have read that the kernel 4.x don't require a dtb file as this one is dynamically created during the boot so my idea is to run ARMBian on this box to generate a dtb.
    But I don't know if it will be a success :D

Sounds like a good idea, let me know how this goes.

I have converted the dtb into dts with a Linux VM and modified the dts with "vi" :D
    To get the informations about the RAM size, I took as an example a dts file containing 2GB of RAM but as I am a noob, I don't know if this is the correct thing to follow :D

I have read that the kernel 4.x don't require a dtb file as this one is dynamically created during the boot so my idea is to run ARMBian on this box to generate a dtb.
    But I don't know if it will be a success :D

I have just created a dts file from the dtb (using dtc on linux) and found the difference between gxbb_p201_2G.dtb and gxbb_p201.dtb using diff.

Would you be able to provide me with the following files you mentioned you got on a previous post?:
    -Dump the dtb from the ROM
    -Dump the dtb from the Android system partition

Thanks

I have a Transpeed 2G/8G with Gigabit Ethernet.

I have tried to:
    -Dump the dtb from the ROM
    -Dump the dtb from the Android system partition
    -Modify the dtb from kszaq

Without any success...

The last thing to test will be the installation of ARMBian in the box

The case, spec and I/O layout of that box is identical to mine, I just have a different logo (MX V). Glad to know you have tried dumping the dtb from the ROM as I was going to try that myself. Do you know where you can download the original android ROM?

EDIT - Also, what did you use to modify the dtb?

I am in the same situation, I have a 2G/8G box with Gigabit Ethernet but the only working dtb file is the p201 provided by kszaq.
    I have tried to modify the dts file (generated from the dtb) to increased the RAM size and the Ethernet speed but with no luck :(

I suspect this box have only 1GB RAM...

How are the best practices to build a dtb file?

Thanks!

Out of interest, what box do you have?

Thank you for the LibreELEC adaptation on the SoC S905, my Beelink MiniMXIII TV Box 1000M gets so much higher value for me and runs meanwhile more often than my Nvidia Shield TV;)

However, I'm not sure if I should use device tree "gxbb_p201_2G.dtb" or "gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb". I would be grateful for help :)

You will most likely require the latter over the former. What are you currently using?

Go to #1
    That version has your device tree p201 2gb 18th December
    Good luck

Thanks for the heads up but I've already tested it after kszaq mentioned he created it in the s905 device tree thread a few hours ago. I get a boot freeze on the amlogic logo just like the p200 device trees :( . I tested on 011, 010 32 and 64. The 1GB p201 device tree works on the 011 build (just with 1GB ram).

moka88 Try using gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb or gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb.

On build 7.0.3.010 (2016-12-09), i have now tried all p200 device trees and all hang on the amlogic boot image. The only one that got past that was the p201 device tree which shows 1GB of ram.

7.0.2.009 (2016-11-06) is the same, I can only progress using the p201 device tree.

Is it possible to modify this device tree and change the ram to 2GB?

Hi Kostaman, thanks for your help so far.

When you say boot freeze, do you mean it doesn't progress from the amlogic boot logo?

I have just formatted and installed 7.0.2.009 as suggested and used all the p200 device trees and none progress from the amlogic logo. The only device tree that did progress was the p201 device tree but his also only shows 1GB ram within Kodi (same as the newer build).

If a device tree is incorrect for the box would you expect it to still boot but have functionality issues or would you expect it to hang on the amlogic logo?

Is it possible to modify the p201 device tree and change the amount of memory?

Is it possible to view any system logs of the boot process?

I have MXV+ device 1G, 1 Gbit (MXV+ (MXV Plus) Review: Android TV Box powered by 64bit Amlogic S905 • AndroidTVBOX.eu). Android says that it´s p201 board. But I have LE configuration with gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb device tree and everything works great.

Thanks for the reply. I have just tried that along with all the other gxbb_p200_2G device trees and they dont seem to boot. The p201 is the only one that has worked so far, but I only get 1GB ram not 2GB.

I have a p201 board (Tops MX V) AMLogic S905, 2GB RAM, 1Gb LAN) and when I use the gxbb_p201.dtb device tree I only see 1GB ram in LibreELEC instead of 2GB. If I (somehow) extract the android device tree from the image that came with the device, would I be able to use it with LibreELEC to gain access to the full 2GB of RAM?

I tried the dtb file on post #50 of this thread which mentions a p201 board with 2GB ram but it wouldn't boot.

Thanks

Hello

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I have successfully booted LibreELEC on a USB stick plugged into a Tops MX V (AMLogic S905, 2GB RAM, 1Gb LAN) with the gxbb_p201.dtb device tree. Everything seems to work just fine apart from Kodi reports that I only have 1GB RAM? Android via CPUZ reports that I do have 2GB RAM (p201 board).

Is this to do with the device tree I have used? If so, is there one for 2GB?

Great work by the way.

Thanks