S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• I have an M8S box with S812 on it. I can boot to the Android System Restore screen, but when I choose "Install from EXT" and then try to boot from SDCard or USB Flash Drive, it only shows "System Volume Information" as a selection on the following screen.

I'm using Etcher (as suggested) and tried using the following image:

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.2-M8.img

Should I be using another image?

Thanks.

• Can anyone help me....

I have flashed this perfectly fine and have a working remote control....but when I 'turn on' the Kodi Box (M8) it instantly turns itself off again. This happens a few times before it finally remains on. It's almost like someone is pressing a 'power off' button as soon as I power on. Any ideas?

Thanks

• hi Joffa, that is the one I originally tried, and it does install and run - however, wired ethernet does not work properly. It will not get an IP from DHCP. Have you tried wired ethernet by any chance?

Sorry no, and not something i can easily test.
    A workaround would be to reserve a fixed ip in the router by mac address then set that ip manually in LE.
    Makes using ip based remote like yatze easier when its fixed.

• Guys just wait for my new 8.2.3 image i think i fixed the sdcard issue once and for all

Demetris,

can You implemnt it on you Lakka builds also. For some reason I can't boot the latest 2.1 version on my M8S. It hangs on the bootscreen (flower).

• hi

I have a Sencor SM 9003 pro tv box with an S812 SoC and despite I having tried virtually all of your 8x2 roms, none of them gets me further than seeing

"File system corruption detected" and then it says something about read-only stuff?

Ideas?

• Hi Demetris,

I have a question.. i still have this old amlogic M8 S802 8GB 2GB box... running your latest build at the moment.. now my question is.. Is there any way i can get the audio Jack plug to work.... in al versions starting from OE 6.0 and All LE untill now the audio does not work ..

Is there any way i can change/try some settings manually ...

PS. In Android The Jackplug works fine..

Thank you in advance ..and thanks for all your hard work

Edited once, last by Mr Ozzy (January 24, 2018 at 8:58 AM).

• New release is out! Get it while is hot!!!!

Test & Let me know.

Thanks for the release Demetris.

I copied the .tar into the /storage/.update folder and did a reboot.

The libreelec logo appears but the Kodi UI fails to load on my Minix X8H-Plus.

Kodi log: ECY

System log: ECZ

Thanks,

Graham

• The libreelec logo appears but the Kodi UI fails to load on my Minix X8H-Plus.

Code
    21:45:24.723 T:3018592256  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository superrepo.kodi.krypton.video
    21:45:24.723 T:3018592256  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository superrepo.kodi.krypton.all

Please remove all superrepo crap and their related add-ons off your LibrELEC device and run a clean LibreELEC setup, so we can eliminate all "outside interference".

• hi Demetris,

Thanks very much for the new builds. Unfortunately I am still having the same issues as the previous build in trying to get it working on my Tronsmart Vega S89 Standard 2G/16G with Amlogic S802.

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-S82.img.gz

- Get error "Filesystem corruption has been detected!"

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-MXIII-PLUS.img.gz

- Works fine, but DHCP not working on Wired Ethernet

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-MXIII-1G.img.gz

- Get error "Filesystem corruption has been detected!"

Tried on two different SD cards of different sizes (4GB, 8GB) with the same result.

Something that may hold a key to the above Filesystem corruption messages ... I noticed that the resulting SD card writes for the cards that returned the Filesystem corruption messages have the 2nd partition (ext4) 32Mb in size. The remaining MicroSD space is unallocated. Whereas the one that did boot and install uses all the remaining space for the ext4 partition on the MicroSD - No unallocated space.