S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Hey guys, loving this on my X8h PLUS! It's so clean! Thanks for the awesome job Demetris!

However, are there any known problems with getting Dolby Digital PLUS passthrough? It won't work for me, I've enabled passthrough in Kodi and DTS / Dolby Digital 5.1 works as expected and are recognized by my receiver.

But DD+ isn't :(

It fallsback to PCM

My box:

Minix NEO X8-H Plus

I've used this image:

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS

My receiver is:

Yamaha RX-V779

My receiver should support DD+ as per specification: RX-V779 - Specs - Yamaha - United States

Grateful for any help :)

Thanks!

• You might still see a blank screen even if the multiboot file was actioned with toothpick. If you cant get it to boot from SD or USB then I would not even try to install to NAND. Usually you need it booted from SD (or USB) to be able to action the install script from SSH. I don't know another method but someone else might if you insisted on trying it.

How do I confirm if the "multipoot file was actioned with toothpick"? Since I get a black screen when I boot with SD+toothpick, do I simply unplug the power, insert the SD in the USB adaptor, plug in the USB, boot with toothpick and that should open to Libreelec?

• How do I confirm if the "multipoot file was actioned with toothpick"? Since I get a black screen when I boot with SD+toothpick, do I simply unplug the power, insert the SD in the USB adaptor, plug in the USB, boot with toothpick and that should open to Libreelec?

No, if it actioned it would boot to libreelec without toothpick if the USB port is supported (try all of them).

• Can anyone here help getting a Minix Neo X8-H Plus booting to LE? What I have done so far:

1. D/L the relevent image from page 1 of this thread (LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS.img.gz)

2. Wrote image to SD card using LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe

3. Created \boot folder on SD & copied boot.scr from Яндекс.Диск (this step per advice from another forum)

4. Attempted to restart Minix using either power switch or combination of power plus "toothpick" (actually paper clip poked in hole marked "recover")

5. SD card is readable by file explorer in Minix & is formatted as FAT.

All attempts so far result in booting back to standard Minix menu. I tried first without step 3 as it seemed odd to not include that vital aspect in the image. I did manage to bring up the recovery menu by holding the power button for 10 secs or so but the 3 "apply update from" options didn't sound like what I wanted. What I'm hoping for is that Minix will boot to LE if SD card is present, else boot to stock OS. What I don't want is either wiping what I already have or fiddling with weird reboot options that register zero on the WAF spectrum. Any guidance gratefully accepted thanks.

• im having alot of trouble trying to find any libreelec image to work with my box, I'm hoping someone can help.

Box details are

M8S(SQUARE WITH ROUNED CORNERS) 1GB s812

please help if you can

Edited once, last by techclown (July 27, 2017 at 5:27 AM).

• No it wont, Lakka transform your device into a dedicated gaming platform but you can dual boot like me, i have lakka on nand and i boot libreelec from sdcard and i have both worlds.

This sounds great! Can you explain how you did this? :)

• burned an sdcard with Lakka and boot from it install to internal then reuse card with LE. Updating both OS update image always goes to same folder so watch out what OS is running because once i ended up with 2 lakkas internal+SD :D

• I have a MXIII 1G box and this works great on it. Only problem im having is that once i power off the box I cant use the remote to turn it back on. I have to always hit the power button on the actual box. And even when I do that, it takes exactly 10 seconds for the light to turn blue and boot up.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks.

• Hello, first I just want to say thank you Demetris for your amazing work.

I just updated from 7 to 8 with my M8S+ box, everything works fine as far as I can tell, but the box can no longer be turned on with the remote. If I unplug and plug in the power it turns on and the remote can be used. But for some reason the box simply won't recognize the signal from it once it's turned off. Is there any way to fix this?

Have you found a solution for this? Im having the same issue.

• Can anyone please say why this doesn't work?

It's what I'm doing as well...and it won't boot.

When I do balbes150 images this way they work...so whats different?

• Hi,

I'm using the LibreELEC-S8X2.M8S-PLUS.arm-8.0.2 image and I noticed that the DSD (.dsf) files do not work properly.

When the AUDIO passthrough is set to ON (only the AC3 and DTS options are available): no signal is transferred to the AVR (so, no sound is reproduced).

When the AUDIO passthrough is set to OFF: the sound is reproduced intermittently.

I tried to change the sample rate (from 44.1kHz up to the maximum), same problem.

Please note that the .dsf files are stored in the M8S+ NAND.

I don't have any problem with this type of audio files with the LibreElec X86 version.

Any help? Any suggestion?

Thanks.

My box:

Minix NEO X8-H Plus

I've used this image:

I have the same box...appreciate it if you can tell me if it runs from USB stick or SD card...and MORE importantly, how do I install it.?

Thanks in advance for your help.

My box:

Minix NEO X8-H Plus

I've used this image:

I've got the Minix X8H plus and I've just tried "LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS.tar" in the update folder.

It doesn't work !!! :cursing:

I get the following : ERROR: LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS.tar is not compatible with S812.arm hardware - update cancelled.

RobzInadE ... are you sure you got the Minix X8H Plus?

If so, then mind sharing how you got it to work? Thanks.

• I've updated my MXIII-G (2GB+16GB) that was running libreELEC 7.xx by putting the LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-MXIII-1G.tar file in my update folder.

After the update, my IR remote doesn't work anymore, and I have to plug a USB mouse to control the box.

Did I choose the wrong file? Is there something in the setttings that I need to change ?

Read this post and you will find the answer.

You have too put some files on your card.

Succes