Posts by RobzInadE

Have you tried the v9.2.6 image yet? Please give it a try because I have a suspicion that the v9.2.7 image for the X8H-Plus is corrupted.

You can find the older image in the archive directory: Index of /3rdParty/S8X2/X8-H_Plus-S812_2G-AP6335e/ARCHIVE/. (Link fixed.)

Hi again, thanks for your suggestion! I tried 9.2.6 but the same thing happens... Installation -> Reboot -> splash screen -> black (but with mouse cursor)

Unfortunately, SSH will not work before setting up the installation wizard. Try accessing the "Logfiles" share via Samba instead.

You're right! I got some log files... Not sure which part is interesting, so dumping the entire ZIP here. I skimmed through them but couldn't find anything obvious other than

2021-06-13 09:21:43.625 T:3011166272 ERROR: Control 1500 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't

Not sure if it's even relevant, but it caught my eye since I get a mouse cursor but nothing else. (Also i might add that the "box" in which you can move the mouse cursor, is roughly 1/4th of the screen.

Logs here: log-2021-06-13-09.25.38.zip

Hi there!

I have a MINIX Neo X8H-Plus. I tried your image LibreELEC-X8H-Plus.arm-9.2.7.img.gz , the splashscreen appears after booting, the partition size is fixed (or something similar). The box reboots after 15 sec, but then... nothing. I get a mouse cursor, but nothing else. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

I have an old LibreElec installation on DRAM/native, but i have no idea how to get it "cleanly installed"...

Oh, and I can add that SSH is unreachable when booting from SD card. The device doesn't seem to register itself on the network at all.

EDIT: I managed to re-install my Minix-box to factory settings (With Android Lollipop, using their "official" USB burner tool), then I ran your image (flashed to an SD card with LibreELEC USB-SD creator), but still the same problem! It seems to install fine, goes into a reboot... I get the LibreELEC splash, but then... black. And a mouse cursor. Nothing else :(

This time, it seems to connect to my network, since my router picks it up and gives it an IP. However, when SSHing to the box, I get "Connection Refused".

I'm going to crosspost this here (from the S812 thread), with hope that someone knows whats up:

Hey guys, loving LibreElec on my X8h PLUS! It's so clean!

However, are there any known problems with getting Dolby Digital PLUS passthrough? It won't work for me, I've enabled passthrough in Kodi and DTS / Dolby Digital 5.1 works as expected and are recognized by my receiver.

But DD+ isn't :(

It fallsback to PCM. I'm using HDMI between receiver and box.

My box:

Minix NEO X8-H Plus

I've used this image:

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS

My receiver is:

Yamaha RX-V779

My receiver should support DD+ as per specification: RX-V779 - Specs - Yamaha - United States

Grateful for any help :)

Thanks!

Hey guys, loving this on my X8h PLUS! It's so clean! Thanks for the awesome job Demetris!

However, are there any known problems with getting Dolby Digital PLUS passthrough? It won't work for me, I've enabled passthrough in Kodi and DTS / Dolby Digital 5.1 works as expected and are recognized by my receiver.

But DD+ isn't :(

It fallsback to PCM

My box:

Minix NEO X8-H Plus

I've used this image:

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS

My receiver is:

Yamaha RX-V779

My receiver should support DD+ as per specification: RX-V779 - Specs - Yamaha - United States

Grateful for any help :)

Thanks!