Posts by OzTardis

Can anyone here help getting a Minix Neo X8-H Plus booting to LE? What I have done so far:

1. D/L the relevent image from page 1 of this thread (LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS.img.gz)

2. Wrote image to SD card using LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe

3. Created \boot folder on SD & copied boot.scr from Яндекс.Диск (this step per advice from another forum)

4. Attempted to restart Minix using either power switch or combination of power plus "toothpick" (actually paper clip poked in hole marked "recover")

5. SD card is readable by file explorer in Minix & is formatted as FAT.

All attempts so far result in booting back to standard Minix menu. I tried first without step 3 as it seemed odd to not include that vital aspect in the image. I did manage to bring up the recovery menu by holding the power button for 10 secs or so but the 3 "apply update from" options didn't sound like what I wanted. What I'm hoping for is that Minix will boot to LE if SD card is present, else boot to stock OS. What I don't want is either wiping what I already have or fiddling with weird reboot options that register zero on the WAF spectrum. Any guidance gratefully accepted thanks.