S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• That post goes back some time ago. You need to install Wilro's file as explained and then download one of Demetris's images. Once you get wilro's boot image installed you should then be able to toothpick boot Demetris's images. You need to use an img.gz file, not tar. Make sure you pick the right image based on your box specs.

First time I have heard of Wilro's file. Google it but not even a mention. Please guide me..

Not to worry. I have found your post.

Edited once, last by dbkalyan (April 15, 2018 at 9:42 AM).

• I have two older boxes, a Beelink MXIII Plus (S812, 2g/8g) and a generic MXIII G. I have been able to update via tar on the MXIII G

through all 8.0 versions up to and including 8.2.3. The box boots with the LE logo in the upper left corner and seems to run well. This is with the 8.2.3 MXIII Plus tar zip.

I just got the MXIII Plus back off loan and started the update process. I tried multiple ways to boot to the 8.2.3 MXIII Plus zip, including with the img.gz and updating progressively from 8.0 versions up to the 8.2.3 tar. Either way, 8.2.3 would not boot past the LE screen in the upper left corner. The logo appeared and after a few seconds the screen went blank. I went back to my basics on this process and 8.2.3 still doesn't boot:

S802/S812-My Instruction Post

So currently on the MXIII Plus I am running 8.2.2 and I notice some audio/video stuttering on that version. I'm just wondering if there is a different version I should use.
    Has anyone been successful with a different zip?

• I just came here to say thank you for the adaptation.

I have a MXiii G of 2gb that goes very smooth now playing anything 1080p, while in android had small slow downs.

I just have it installed on a sd card and everything what I tested works. Wifi, audio output, torrents with flexget.

The only thing I'm triying to fix is that i have to change the output option if i want to hear 5.1 through optical, or through the tv speaker. Becausr if i leave the 5.1 on the tv only noise is heard

To all those that are asking for updates, if everything works do not change it, IMO.

:)

• I have two older boxes, a Beelink MXIII Plus (S812, 2g/8g) and a generic MXIII G. I have been able to update via tar on the MXIII G

through all 8.0 versions up to and including 8.2.3. The box boots with the LE logo in the upper left corner and seems to run well. This is with the 8.2.3 MXIII Plus tar zip.

I just got the MXIII Plus back off loan and started the update process. I tried multiple ways to boot to the 8.2.3 MXIII Plus zip, including with the img.gz and updating progressively from 8.0 versions up to the 8.2.3 tar. Either way, 8.2.3 would not boot past the LE screen in the upper left corner. The logo appeared and after a few seconds the screen went blank. I went back to my basics on this process and 8.2.3 still doesn't boot:

S802/S812-My Instruction Post

So currently on the MXIII Plus I am running 8.2.2 and I notice some audio/video stuttering on that version. I'm just wondering if there is a different version I should use.
    Has anyone been successful with a different zip?

Checked the MXIII-G this am and noticed that it is on 8.0.2b, not 8.2.3. I cannot boot it up with the 8.2.3 tar file. Sticks at the upper right corner LE and then goes blank. I was able to install 8.2.2 and it works well.

Any chance to get Kodi 18 on s802 (MXIII-1G) ?

Its my understanding from posts on the kszaq and CE sites that LEIA will not support the older 8## series boxes. Will future LibreELEC for Kodi 18 Leia work with S812 processor?

So 17.6 will probably be it. wrxtasy is supporting 8.2 and has released 8.2.4.1 for S912 and has suggested that he will provide an S905 version. We will have to wait for those updates.

• Dont worry guys as long as Wetek Core is supported upstream, S802/S812 will be supported too. All is missing is someone to do the dirty job.

I"ll try to switch to Libreelec kernel from kszaq if i succeed then we have game ;)

• Official Post

We currently expect to retire the WC image after LE 9.0 due to upstream changes in Kodi related to the next-generation rendering and decoding pipeline and subsequent cleanup (removal) of proprietary interfaces including amcodec that the 3.10/3.14 kernels depend on. The new pipeline will require a mainline kernel, and while meson8* hardware support in mainline continues to improve positively there is still no visible work being done on a DRM (direct rendering manager) video driver, which is fundamental for LE/Kodi support. It's something we continue to track; if things change our plans can change.

• Hello guys,

I own a m8s+ (S812) which has 2GB RAM and 8GB Space, I purchased this from aliexpress.

[Genuine] M8S Plus/M8S+ Android 5.1 TV Box Amlogic S812 Quad Core 2.4G&5G Wifi 2GB/8GB H.265 HEVC Gigabit Lan BT 4.0 KODI Yojia

Can I install libreelec on this? If yes, please guide me.

Thanks

• Hi tinny9,

if you go to the first page on this thread, you should be able to identify the image name your device requires. Then you follow the download links there, to download the image of the LibreELEC version you're after. Once you have the image file, you can write it to an SD card or USB stick of your choosing. The wiki has some details on that.

Now while I have an S812 device myself, I don't have your specific model. What I did was just insert the SD card/USB and rebooted the device using the toothpick method. That consists on toggling a handle your device has underneath, by inserting a toothpick in a small hole, which makes the device boot from the SD card/USB. It must be kept pressed since you reboot, until you see the LibreELEC logo.

• Hello guys,

I'm from India, purchased M8s+ from Aliexpress quite sometime back (Around 2-3 years). It was running on Android 5.1.1 from the start. Till now, I used to run only one APP i.e. KODI. I couldn't upgrade the app to latest version because it wasn't running properly so was running old 16 jarvis version.

Recently I came to know about Libreelec and was amazed to know that it can be installed on my old box. Obviously i was in fear of bricking my device.

Then I came across this thread, and was glad to know that my box was supported by latest ROM's. Installed the 8.2.3 version and voila it works, but no wifi (Can live without it since I was going to switch to Gigabit Ethernet anyways).

Thanks to the developer again. Would love to buy him a beer. Please tell me how.