Posts by tinny9

Hello guys,

I'm from India, purchased M8s+ from Aliexpress quite sometime back (Around 2-3 years). It was running on Android 5.1.1 from the start. Till now, I used to run only one APP i.e. KODI. I couldn't upgrade the app to latest version because it wasn't running properly so was running old 16 jarvis version.

Recently I came to know about Libreelec and was amazed to know that it can be installed on my old box. Obviously i was in fear of bricking my device.

Then I came across this thread, and was glad to know that my box was supported by latest ROM's. Installed the 8.2.3 version and voila it works, but no wifi (Can live without it since I was going to switch to Gigabit Ethernet anyways).

Thanks to the developer again. Would love to buy him a beer. Please tell me how.

Hello guys,

I own a m8s+ (S812) which has 2GB RAM and 8GB Space, I purchased this from aliexpress.

[Genuine] M8S Plus/M8S+ Android 5.1 TV Box Amlogic S812 Quad Core 2.4G&5G Wifi 2GB/8GB H.265 HEVC Gigabit Lan BT 4.0 KODI Yojia

Can I install libreelec on this? If yes, please guide me.

Thanks