S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Hello,

I have tried to update my MXIIIG-1G/8G by using the file LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2-MXIII-1G.img.gz from the OP and I am facing few issues.

Indeed in order to test the build, I have updated my bootloader to use the SD boot feature.

The box won't boot and display this error message:

Filesystem corruption has been detected!

To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing,

press any key or power off your system within the next 120 seconds.

So, I have decided to update my internal installation directly by copying the file LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2-MXIII-1G.tar directly inside the folder /storage/.update/

The box boot fine but wired network doesn't work (DHCP won't get any IP, I tried to put an IP manually but no luck)

Wireless network is working fine, but I don't have good wifi reception from the box location.

I have open the box and take some pictures of the inside if this can help:

Currently, the only build that its working with my box is this one:

LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.1c.img.xz

(note that this build is booting well by using the SD boot feature and I can install it to NAND by using the .zip file from the same URL)

Demetris, do you think it will be possible to integrate the LAN drivers on your build? or make a new build for this kind of boxes?

Many thanks in advance!

• At your box I would try this image LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-MXIII-PLUS.img.gz or .tar

• I was thinking that the "X" from the filename LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2-MXIII-1G.img.gz means S812 :D

Anyways, thanks to both of you and as suggested I will try to use the MXIII-PLUS build and report back ;)

Another question: is it important to use the latest bootloader available?

A Lollipop one is, maybe, more indicated to use or it doesn't matter and a Kitkat could be fine?

• Am using MXIII-G/PLUS L bootloader on my S82 S802 and i can boot from sdcard perfectly. I wasn't able to to so when i had the official one.

As others reported i was getting the text saying filesystem corruption has happened lol

• 8.2 rc3 installed to internal memory of my m8s+ (used the specific tar.gz release).

Everything works fine (except for wifi, but i already knew It - my m8s+ doesn't have the ap chipset), but when i turn It off LAN and USB DTT leds still remain on.

Anyone knows why of this?

Thanks a lot for tour amazing job!!!

• Yes i know why is this, some boxes cant power on from remote when completely off(bootloader issue) so i preferred to force all to be in standby mode so everyone is happy camper.

Thanks for the reply!

Latest RC is very stable, i only have some issues with USB DTT but we know It is experimental.

• I started mine with updating it to the latest of the manufacturer. (Had to do some searching the web).

This way the bootloader becomes more compatible with stuff used in the LE-image.

Then i found the "toothpick" method very practic.

Start putting the image on a SD card (rufus / usbit as a DD-image), insert it and turn the machine on with a toothpick keeping the reset button for a while.

(from memory) Once you see the boot logo, release the toothpick and you'll see stuff happening there.. (maybe a keyboard for confimation? I don't remember).

Then it reboots from the SD card and you can play directly from it....

Later when you decide it to be stable enough (and wipe that android), you can install it to the onboard flash (from the shutdown menu).

I couldn't find the "main-instructions" either, by the way.

Goodluck

• Hi,
    i wanted to try LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2 on my Tronsmart SH-89, but i´m quite not sure which version i should try of the provide files. (There is nont with SH-89 extension)

Is it also possible to change the bootloader of the SH-89 android? The official one can not properly boot from sd.

• You can flash MXIII-PLUS kitkat and get the S812 bootloader if you don't care about android you can flash latest L rom and boot from sdcard( you wont be able to boot android rom without a mod)

• You can flash MXIII-PLUS kitkat and get the S812 bootloader if you don't care about android you can flash latest L rom and boot from sdcard( you wont be able to boot android rom without a mod)

When i try to flash the KitKat 108L1 release form here via the sd card method on my tronsmart S-89H, i get the error e: failed to mount /cache (no such file or directory).