S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• M8S+ has an unsupported wifi chip which if i want to fix it i have to break all other Wifi chips as the bcm driver is different as the one we currently use.

So decide if you want support without wifi working am all in.

If not you stay at 8.0.2

Mean while if anyones has a patch so it works on current driver please come forward.

• I've just finished reading 58 pages. I have cut and pasted numerous posts on how to install and run this build on an SD card so that I can try to make sense of it and I have to say its very confusing.

I've done the reading a few times and its not clear how to install to me either.

I have a Minix X8H-Plus and it's currently running Krypton from a balbes150 build on USB.

I've just downloaded "LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.rc1-X8H-PLUS.img.gz" and placed it in the update folder along with the ".nocompat" file

On reboot, it found the update, did the decompression etc...and then went into reboot.

The Minix green robot came up on screen and I thought "it's finally worked" !!!

But sadly.....after a few seconds, the green robot disappeared and the screen went black...and that's where it stayed. :(

• kostaman, did you ever get an answer to your question?

Sad to say i gave up. No way i wanted Internal Install and both SD Card / USB boots failed for me.

My box is a Custom Linux Proprietary ROM Installed Internally and Bootloader Locked.

Software updates come over the air.

Pressed for time at the moment and haven't re visited this experiment.?(

• Sad to say i gave up. No way i wanted Internal Install and both SD Card / USB boots failed for me.

My box is a Custom Linux Proprietary ROM Installed Internally and Bootloader Locked.

Software updates come over the air.

Pressed for time at the moment and haven't re visited this experiment.?(

I did get this to work by SDcard and am running 8.2rc1 on my MXIII-G 2g/8g.

I decided to reload LE 7.0.1c from Wilro's post on Freaktab - it worked well for me in the past):

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+ - FreakTab.com
    I used the old method as described in the post second section- toothpick install to enable sdboot.

1- Download "Enable SD card dual boot" zip file, copy file to sdcard/thumb drive (I used sdcard) - OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-DualBootSD.zip
    2. "Toothpick" boot your device into (original) recovery mode (took~30 seconds), select install ZIP from EXT & select "OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-DualBootSD.zip" Note that there was an error on the bottom line of the zip screen - E:/misc - I didn't write it down. It had no effect on the process.
    After the zip ran I formatted the sdcard with SDformatter v 5.0. Then burned the ROM image to the sdcard:

1. Download Libreelec - see post on page 476 page 32 - I used the 7.0.1c link and downloaded this image -

LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.1c.img.xz
    2. Unpack the image to your hard drive and then burn it to SD card - I used Win32diskimager
    3. Insert SDCard in box & boot your device - I pulled the plug before I inserted the sdcard (no toothpick needed) - This will take a while as it prepares the sdcard & installs the system for the first time - It will reboot when finished.

4. As soon as Kodi loaded up I ssh'd into the box and put the Demitris update file along with the remote.conf and .nocompat.zip file into the update file and rebooted via putty.

LE 17.4 loaded and has been running for some time with no obvious problems. I have rebooted a bunch of times and have had no problems.

Hope this helps. You have certainly provided a lot of help to other users including me on other LE forms.

Thanks kostaman and thanks to wilro_6276

Edited once, last by doggyofone: Update Instructions (September 19, 2017 at 6:40 PM).

• kostaman, did you ever get an answer to your question?

I've just finished reading 58 pages. I have cut and pasted numerous posts on how to install and run this build on an SD card so that I can try to make sense of it and I have to say its very confusing.

My box is an MXIII-G 2/8. It ran great on Wilro's build (Freaktab) and unfortunately I wiped that SD card for Balbes's build and cannot seem to get it working again.

balbes150's script does not work for me and I am not confident with this one.

Toothpick method needs LE7 built by Drieschel. Once you have done that, it is just a matter of uploading Demetris built tar file into the upgrade directory, create a .nocompat file and reboot.

• LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.rc1-M8.img.gz seems to have caused my dts pass through to stop working. As soon as I went back to 8.0.2b sound receiver picked up Dolby digital and dts. Let me know if you want any logs or need me to test anything related to dts pass through

• M8S+ has an unsupported wifi chip which if i want to fix it i have to break all other Wifi chips as the bcm driver is different as the one we currently use.

So decide if you want support without wifi working am all in.

If not you stay at 8.0.2

Mean while if anyones has a patch so it works on current driver please come forward.

I believe that the support would be intersting even without wifi chipset, because of the use with ethernet port.

Thanks!

• I did get this to work by SDcard and am running 8.2rc1 on my MXIII-G 2g/8g.

Download Libreelec - see post on page 476 page 32 - I used the 7.0.1c link and downloaded this image -

1- Download "Enable SD card dual boot" zip file, extract & copy files to sdcard/thumb drive (I used sdcard) - OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-DualBootSD.zip

The OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-DualBootSD.zip Worked in getting this box to Boot Off SD Card. YAY! :)

The rest is all downhill because what i believe is a Linux File System Used on this box that will pretty much Lock Out LE

Unless i Flash Android and go again.

Results after Successful Dual Boot Script zip.

wilro

LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.1c

Black Screen

Demetris

LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-7.95.3.001

Black Screen

Demetris

LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-7.0.3

Booted LE With Error Mount/Dev

Drieschel

LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-7.0.2-2-devel

Booted LE With Error Mount/Dev

forum.libreelec.tv/core/attachment/1852/

Demetris

LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-8.0.RC4

Corrupt System/Repair Failed after Waiting 2 Minutes repair failed

forum.libreelec.tv/core/attachment/1852/forum.libreelec.tv/core/attachment/1853/forum.libreelec.tv/core/attachment/1853/forum.libreelec.tv/core/attachment/1854/

• The OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-DualBootSD.zip Worked in getting this box to Boot Off SD Card. YAY! :)

The rest is all downhill because what i believe is a Linux File System Used on this box that will pretty much Lock Out LE

Unless i Flash Android and go again.

At least you can boot the box now via SD. Half way to a solution.

• I think Demetris should look into that OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-DualBootSD.zip

That got my Box Booting off SD Card straight away.

Here's a couple of things you could try:

1. Toothpick with DualBootSD and then try SD-booting Demetris (without toothpick since that will overwrite UENV with its own variables)

2. Toothpick with Demetris but then try USB-booting (that same) Demetris that was used to toothpick (from SD)

• kostaman PS to last message, you could also try the AlexElec build which I just tried today and it worked - booted from SD ! (on toothpicking with this same image). This is the first image I have ever had boot from SD on this box so I guess there is something in that image regarding the boot-from-SD mechanism that would be useful to put into Dimitris' build here. The version I used on my S802 MXiii was Alexelec MXIII-G V2.3.0 (the latest as of today).

• LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.rc1-M8.img.gz seems to have caused my dts pass through to stop working. As soon as I went back to 8.0.2b sound receiver picked up Dolby digital and dts. Let me know if you want any logs or need me to test anything related to dts pass through

Nice catch i need another one to confirm this though :)

• you could also try the AlexElec build which I just tried today and it worked

Thanks Jed

I tried but Black Screen. I believe this Box has a Non Standard Partition which is locked down. Way over my head but i am sure it is the issue.

I can Boot SD Card now which was half the battle. I may flash Android on it and try again.

• Thanks Jed

I tried but Black Screen. I believe this Box has a Non Standard Partition which is locked down. Way over my head but i am sure it is the issue.

I can Boot SD Card now which was half the battle. I may flash Android on it and try again.

I think the boot partition (that the android flash lays down) is important to have the right one. Perhaps after an android flash then a toothpick+normal-SD-boot from alexelec might be possible. The Dimitris build only boots USB (but needs SD toothpick first) for me.

• Hi all and hi Demetris!

I have a M8S-PLUS and i'd like to know what's the right image for it, because I can't find support or filename rom for it anymore!

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Hi Demetris,

I'd also like to know which image should I use for the M8S+ box.

Personally I'm not interested in the wifi since I use the Ethernet port.

Any chance to see the .dfs/.dff files working on this release?

Thanks.