Posts by icewhaler

Found the fix was to remount the flash directory with permissions

need to remoint the flash directory with rw permissions then make changes and then remount with read only rights then reboot device

mount -o remount,rw /flash

nano syslinux.cfg

mount -o remount,ro /flash

Found the missing part that wasn't mentioned in this post, will add for next time lol

need to remoint the flash directory with rw permissions then make changes and then remount with read only rights then reboot device

mount -o remount,rw /flash

nano syslinux.cfg

mount -o remount,ro /flash

Got a slightly newer laptop to replace my other Kodi device, and having issues again with the disabling the internal monitor. Found my old post last time I had issues only this time I can't seem to edit Syslinux.cfg it is saying it is a System Read Only file in ssh. I'm wondering if there is a different place I should be looking to modify now.

I was trying to add APPEND Video=LVDS-1:d to the syslinux.cfg

I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work keeping these old devices working. I've spent the past couple of days reading through these posts and trying several different .img until I realized my Matricom Q box (S802) seems to be happy with the K200-AP6330_2G.arm. version 9.2.8.10

Is this currently the newest version that will work with my box or is it possible to get LE 11 working ? I had attempted to get Chewitt's testing LibreELEC-AMLMX.arm-10.88.0-box.img version working with out any luck.

Thanks for the help, took me a few stabs at editing the syslinux.cfg but things are working now that I have the internal screen disabled. I think in Kodi 19 I had the option in Kodi to pick HDMI as the monitor output and couldn't find that in version 20. Now that I have added that line to the syslinux.cfg will that persist if I do an update to newer versions as they release?

I accidently updated my LibreElec ver 10.0.3 to 10.95.1. Since this update happen my TV is no longer getting signal and is only showing on the the Laptop Internal Screen. In the past I was able to do something with Xandr to disable the internal screen and leave the HDMI On.

LibreELEC (official): 10.95.1 (Generic.x86_64)

LibreELEC:~ # tail /sys/class/drm/*/status

==> /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status <==

connected

==> /sys/class/drm/card0-eDP-1/status <==

connected

I am having similar issues with my setup. Works great on Libreelec version 8.2.5 but any of the 9.0x builds i have issues with video. My issue is the screen over scans, i adjust the using the kodi video calibration tool but the settings don't stay. I was able to get the settings to stay if i reboot after the TV and AVR are powered on. I typically leave the laptop on all the time but power off the AVR and TV, every time i turn the avr and tv back on i have to calibrate the video. Like i said seems to be working great in the older builds. So for now i'm going to keep using 8.2.5

My Setup is:

TV:Samsung LCD 46"

MediaPlayer = inspirion 15 Laptop loaded with genericx64 LibreElec

AVR Yamaha rx-v571