S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• New images are being prepared v8.0.2b.

Then i will start some experiments soon for those guys boxes i said i will.

Edit: New images are up :)

Hello Dimitris and thank you. I'm now in LibreELEC 8.0.2a (I have install it in a SD card in my MXIII-G TV box) and I would like to update to 8.0.3b. How can I do this without install again everything from the beginning ?

• Boot with your sdcard then transfer update to right folder and reboot

Which folder? This folder is in the SD card or in the internal disc of my tv box?

I think I do it. I put the file LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-MXIII-PLUS.img in the folder "Update" and I reboot. In the settings of LibreELEC it says version 17.4 but when I reboot the logo of Kodi says 17.3. Do I choose the right file for my tv box (MXIII-G) ?

Edited 2 times, last by gthebest (June 23, 2017 at 5:32 PM).

• I guess the worst thing that can happen is that the card doesn't boot. I don't see any aml_autoscript files, so if booting for the first time what files are needed?

About to try and Flash Demetris LE to run on SD Card .

The box is an M8 which has a Linux proprietary version of Kodi. (ArnuBox)

I have just burnt Demetris LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-7.0.3.img to SD Card.

The SD Card is showing up as " NO NAME "

I thought the card should be showing up as " BOOT " ?

Inside i only see :

kernel.img

kernel.img.md5

SYSTEM

SYSTEM.md5

There is no aml_autoscript files.

So how is multi-boot going to happen ?

I do not want to install to Nand so my question is,

What have i missed here before i try to flash.

• Which folder? This folder is in the SD card or in the internal disc of my tv box?

I think I do it. I put the file LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-MXIII-PLUS.img in the folder "Update" and I reboot. In the settings of LibreELEC it says version 17.4 but when I reboot the logo of Kodi says 17.3. Do I choose the right file for my tv box (MXIII-G) ?

For upgrade you should use tar file.

img file is only for fresh install.

Put the tar image in the upgrade folder and reboot.

• For upgrade you should use tar file.

I'm not Hijacking Thread or being smart, Just questioning your specific instructions.

For UPDATE (Not Upgrade it confuses newbies)use the .tar (Don't UnZip)

Put the (tar image, not a tar image) .tar in the (upgrade folder) Update folder ? I can be corrected on the name of this folder as i haven't flashed yet so i don't know if this is the name of this folder.

• I'm not Hijacking Thread or being smart, Just questioning your specific instructions.

For UPDATE (Not Upgrade it confuses newbies)use the .tar (Don't UnZip)

Put the (tar image, not a tar image) .tar in the (upgrade folder) Update folder ? I can be corrected on the name of this folder as i haven't flashed yet so i don't know if this is the name of this folder.

I unzip the img.gz file,I take the image and i put it in the update folder and that's it! But I will try again with the tar file to see the difference. The folder is calling "update"

• I unzip the img.gz file,I take the image and i put it in the update folder and that's it! But I will try again with the tar file to see the difference. The folder is calling "update"

I'm not sure you're meant to unzip the img.gz ?

Edit: Confirmed by gujal

Do not Unzip Files

I'm not sure Updating on Demetris builds means copying the .tar file into the UPDATE folder. (there's no image in that .tar file)

Or copying the .img.gz into the UPDATE folder.

The only time i unzip the img.gz is to retrieve the image for burning onto SD Card.

Edited 2 times, last by kostaman: Added confirmation do not unzip (June 24, 2017 at 8:23 AM).

• For upgrade you should use tar file.

The files should never be unzipped

The last line should read :

put the tar file into the Update share or .update folder and reboot

• Goodmorning Demetris,
    After installing the latest tar on mij Tronsmart, there where problems. All freese. I am now back to 9 june. Everething works again

• Hello Dimitris, i have updated to the newest m8 build you made and for some reason my remote that comes with the box, no longer responds after the initial turn on. I have to use a keyboard to navigate around.