S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Still cant install on my M8S 2Gb/8GB with BCM4335 running Kit kat 4.4. I tried everything under the sun including TWRP, .im, .zip upgrade, .gz SD card. Spent over 2 weeks trying anything from obvious to ridiculous. I had to unbrick about 11 times so far. I realize there is no wifi support but I don't care.

Anyone have any ideas or even a clear step by step process that works on theses boxes?

• Skripo
    Have you ever had the box running on an old openelec? If so can you find and flash that then update to Demetris libreelec? My M8c variant didn't want to flash from android to libreelec for some strange reason but i was able to flash and old openelec and then upgrade it from there.
    Hope you get it sorted buddy

All the best

Paul

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by chunk1982 (April 22, 2017 at 9:43 AM).

• I did have it running on a build from bengic. Are you saying I can just update with a Demetria build after? Bengic stopped last December but got up to Kodi 17 rc1.

Everything worked well, including wifi. If I use the bengic build and update to demetris will I lose wifi?

Edited once, last by Skripo (April 22, 2017 at 2:58 PM).

• There is a LE version specifically compiled for this box that has working wifi & bt, but its getting a little long in the tooth. Its an early LE 8.0.0 alpha. User, begicj, cooked one up based on babes150's work with a modified kernel and patched for BCM4335 - thread-1408.html. Unfortunately begicj seems to have stepped away from the project and I'm not swift enough to grasp how he managed to patch the kernel, etc to work with BCM4335. I'm trying but I'm not particularly skilled.

That said, Demitris has an LE 8.0.1 build that can be upgraded to the box putting the .tar in /storage/.update folder & using .nocompat but it doesn't have working wifi/bt. - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=172144

If anyone knowledgeable in how to patch an existing LE build with different wifi/bt firmware wants guide me in the right direction I'd be happy to try keeping the project for this box afloat. It'd be excellent learning. Regardless, I'm gonna keep plugging away at it - 1000 monkeys & 1000 typewriters style.

Edited once, last by Kshi (April 22, 2017 at 2:59 PM).

• I went from openelec 6 to Demetris build using the .Tar and placing it in storage/.update
    As for Wifi from the way i understand the driver modules are "bundled" for want of a better word, into the kernal so if Demetris's build doesn't have the driver module then chances are it will not work unfortunately.
    Worst case it won't take the update or it will but won't boot. My advice is upgrade to 17 from a fresh clean openelec, don't have any add-on's installed

• I went from openelec 6 to Demetris build using the .Tar and placing it in storage/.update
    As for Wifi from the way i understand the driver modules are "bundled" for want of a better word, into the kernal so if Demetris's build doesn't have the driver module then chances are it will not work unfortunately.
    Worst case it won't take the update or it will but won't boot. My advice is upgrade to 17 from a fresh clean openelec, don't have any add-on's installed

Oh yea, like I said I can get it updated from the alpha build to Demetris' just fine. I'm bumbling around with how to patch and compile an installable build with the working drivers to achieve functional wifi bliss. Begicj managed to do it with his build using balbes150's S812 as a starting point, so I'm confident it can be done. My skill level and understanding of HOW this is done are the limiting factor at this point.

• That makes 2 of us hahaha my knowledge is VERY limited. Once I cloned a git thing to try compile my own and well yeah... That didn't work out in any way shape or form

• Got it working, thanks for the information you were right my MXIII 2G is S802 Soc the MXIII Plus didnt work but the MXIII1G.tar file worked beautifully. Big Shout out to Drieschel and Demetris for putting in the time creating these builds so I can keep my box up to date.

I am using an aftermarket remote/keyboard usb remote, My only issue i have is my back button doesn't work on remote end just keyboard side del button works as back. but most Important my menu button (Right Click) doesn't work either. I added the remote.config to the ConfigFiles but My back button and menu still don't work any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also by buddy has an MXq box with file would i use for that one I believe its a S805 soc.

Thanks again for all the help greatly appreciated.

• Keymap editor is your friend, find it in the official kodi repo under program add-on's [WINKING FACE]
    As for your buddy's box there is a thread in the amalogic forum somewhere for a build for that soc

Edited once, last by chunk1982 (April 23, 2017 at 9:48 PM).

• Thanks, this also worked for me. Now have libreelec on a entertainment box T8-AML-V3s using LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-8.0.2.img.gz

Edited once, last by borenson (April 24, 2017 at 7:51 PM).

• Then you arent using my image lol

Στάλθηκε από το Moto G 2014 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Oops, no im not lol, but that post got it working :) and im happy to test a specific build if you fancy it.

Edited once, last by borenson (April 24, 2017 at 9:50 PM).

• When I use this on my MXIII, MXIII Plus or Tronsmart MXIII everything works except the remotes but then I fix it with remote.conf file copy to /storage/.config

WLAN, ETHE, BLUETOOTH works fine

Now on my M8S Plus which has an S812 chip, wifi and Bluetooth do not work

I'm connected with putty to my box and when I type "ip a" at the command prompt I get:

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
    valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP8000> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast qlen 1000
    link/ether d0:76:58:07:f1:db brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 192.168.0.104/24 brd 192.168.0.255 scope global eth0
    valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP8000> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast qlen 1000
    link/ether d0:22:be:06:8c:15 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

Doesn't this mean WIFI is there? it detects it no? What can I do so that it can see connections and connect? there's no wpa_supplicant file in Librelec is there? if I created one would it go in the .config folder?

I just want to resolve the wifi issue with M8S+ boxes

thank you

Edited once, last by HelderCR7 (April 25, 2017 at 1:26 AM).

• M8 Square S802 v0.92 2GB with AP6330

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-M8.tar 133MB Apr 10, 2017 | 09:55PM

This isn't working for me. It installed, it needed the .nocompat file, but after reboot the screen just stayed blank after the LE logo.

All previous 8.0 RC releases worked fine, I didn't need the .nocompat file for those.

Any ideas?