S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• OK! this is becoming more and more confusing for me now so from now on please when you report if your wifi and bluetooth is working or not i need your wifi chip name too so i keep track what i fix and what i break as i don't have your boxes and i am working blind here so help me out to help you.

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 9, 2017 at 10:53 PM).

• OK! this is becoming more and more confusing for me now so from now on please when you report if your wifi and bluetooth is working or not i need your wifi chip name too so i keep track what i fix and what i break as i don't have your boxes and i am working blind here so help me out to help you.

Hi Demetris

i tested the new build and it loads up but i get failed to install kernel. please see below for what works for me and what didn't:

MXIII 8GB/1GB S802 WIFI: AP6181

LibreELEC-S802.MXIII-1G.arm-8.0.RC4.img.gz Feb 25, 2017 | 08:53AM

SD BOOT: yes
    REACH LIBREELEC WELCOME SCREEN (SD): yes
    LOADING SCREEN: all green OK
    WIFI: yes
    LAN: yes
    BLUETOOTH: yes

INSTALLTOINTERNAL: does not work; permission denied
    REACH LIBREELEC WELCOME SCREEN (INTERNAL): no

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-MXIII-1G.img.gz Apr 09, 2017 | 02:57PM

SD BOOT: yes
    REACH LIBREELEC WELCOME SCREEN (SD): yes
    LOADING SCREEN: ONE RED: failed to start load kernel modules
    WIFI: no
    LAN: yes
    BLUETOOTH: no

INSTALLTOINTERNAL: installed ok from SSH but the device got bricked didn't load anything up. i used usb burning tool to get it back working and i had to short pins on the NAND.
    REACH LIBREELEC WELCOME SCREEN (INTERNAL): no

hope this can help fix anything.

Thanks

Edited once, last by Rocker123 (April 9, 2017 at 11:38 PM).

Hey Demetris so using your latest build: LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-M8.tar 133MB Apr 09, 2017 | 03:12PM
    AP6330 Matricom G-box Q (802 processor)

Wifi: No
    Bluetooth: Yes
    LAN: Yes

Thanks.

Edited once, last by bluejay86 (April 9, 2017 at 11:46 PM).

Running LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-S82 on MX-III 2GB AP6330

29 Mar 2017 build - Wifi working, Bluetooth not working

All builds after that including the latest 9 Apr 2017 build - Wifi and Bluetooth BOTH NOT WORKING

Thanks for your time and effort on helping us out

Edited once, last by gujal (April 9, 2017 at 11:57 PM).

any way to pull it from the system, a quick search got me this "AP6335" but im not to sure (thats the wifi chip for g-box q matricom)

but hes right i had to go from 7.2.2 which had wifi then to 8.0.1 which did not

• M8 (M8N) square box S802 AP6330 LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-M8.tar 133MB Apr 09, 2017 | 03:12PM
    Below is error msg at bootup. I have included normal msg above and below if it helps locate.

[ OK ] Started Setup Timezone data.
    [FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.
    See 'systemctl status systemd-modules--load.service' for details.
    Starting Apply Kernel Variables...
    [ OK ] Started Apply Kernel Variables.

• I have a TRMK1 which is an M8c variant which uses the rtl8188 WiFi chip,
    I've not tried the latest image you have released but the one before everything worked for me
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    Etherley
    Remote.
    If it's not to much issue could you possibly add a,b,c to the end of your releases please. I've suffered full hdd failure today so I now have no backups or dates of releases from you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Which version did you try for TRMK1? I have the m8c and was wondering which image to try.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Is this for minix xh8 ? Running from sd card? Which build are you using ? I'm still using the rc4 build tried to update some time ago but it gave me errors

Yes a minix x8h running from sd card. Using the latest s8x2 build. Working fine. Not tested wifi tho as I always use lan

• Which version did you try for TRMK1? I have the m8c and was wondering which image to try.

The m8 one. I originally updated from openelec using the .tar from an early release of Demetris's.
    Then when he switched to the S8X2 images I had to put a file called .nocompat along side the .tar.
    I have not installed Demetris's latest release yet but as of the release before everything was working nicely.
    It must also be noted as I said before my box is a M8c variant called the TRMK1 which were manufactured for a forum I used about 3 years ago

All the best

Paul

• The m8 one. I originally updated from openelec using the .tar from an early release of Demetris's.
    Then when he switched to the S8X2 images I had to put a file called .nocompat along side the .tar.
    I have not installed Demetris's latest release yet but as of the release before everything was working nicely.
    It must also be noted as I said before my box is a M8c variant called the TRMK1 which were manufactured for a forum I used about 3 years ago

All the best

Paul

Thanks for the info, the box I have is actually my friends, its still on android, so I am wary of installing libreelec on it, I tried loading the IMG file so I could dual boot and not risk bricking it but box just gets stuck at boot logo. Its the s812_m8c 1g by Tronfy.

• Thanks for the info, the box I have is actually my friends, its still on android, so I am wary of installing libreelec on it, I tried loading the IMG file so I could dual boot and not risk bricking it but box just gets stuck at boot logo. Its the s812_m8c 1g by Tronfy.

I have not added much S812 devices for now as i am busy fixing those wifi issues, i will soon.
    In other news new S8X2 images are being uploaded after this i will have to split code and build per device and i really don't want to go that route as will add me another couple of hours compiling and that is the reason i dont want to release with another name as i would have to start from scratch and i will avoid that as long as it takes me.