S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Actually I think I am going to go back to using the Android version.

I started using libreelec because the 17 versions of KODI all had problems displaying smooth videos on my Tronsmart MXIII-PLUS boxes.

I had found out that this was because the hacked up Tronsmart mediacodec really did not handle resolution changing, very gracefully at all.

However, KODI 18.1 on my Tronsmart MXIII-PLUS Android 5.1.1 boxes, seem to be perfectly smooth right out of the box, no tweaking needed.

• Mine was already at 1080. I tried changing down to 720p. I tried different HDMI cables. I Tried different HDMI inputs on my TV. (BTW my TV is a RCA 48" LED Dont know the exact model but that should be new enough) Nope 17.6 works nice. Any suggestions for getting 18 to work so far has resulted in hard lockups when trying to stop a video or scroll backward or forward.

I've been playing with it recently. For me it seems to be hit and miss and mostly depend on what video I 1st watch after reboot. If I watch a blueray rip 1st, everything seems to play fine. If I watch a (non-HD) TV recording after reboot, I still (usually) get a freeze when exiting playback (even with the whitelist set properly). However, as I mentioned, once I've successfully started and exited a 1080p recording after reboot, it seems like anything else I play thereafter works fine. It may well be TV related (machine is still working after 'freeze', I can still ssh into it just display has stopped). As I virtually never reboot, I think the status-quo is sufficient for my needs, and playback seems improved compared to Krypton so far,

• Since these images are for the MXIII-PLUS, would they even work with the original MXIII (the one with the red 4K logo) 1G/8G or 2G/8G models properly? They're both S802 based not S812.

exactly same issue here om mxiii 1g/8g older version works fine

Have any of you had any luck finding a Kodi 18 version which works with these boxes. I've tried all *Elec versions that I can find and none of them boot on this box. Demetris's LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-MXIII-1G.img is the last working image I can find.

• Have any of you had any luck finding a Kodi 18 version which works with these boxes. I've tried all *Elec versions that I can find and none of them boot on this box. Demetris's LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-MXIII-1G.img is the last working image I can find.

Demetris built an initial batch of 9.0 build for MX-IIIPlus and S82 devices such a MX-III2G. He hasnt updated them for the latest LE 9.0.1 yet
    You can get those builds here
    StackPath

• Thanks gujal but my box is an MXIII (not plus) S802, 1Gb and neither of those images will boot. They hang on the LibreElec boot screen as with most other images that I've found for this box. :(

• Thanks gujal but my box is an MXIII (not plus) S802, 1Gb and neither of those images will boot. They hang on the LibreElec boot screen as with most other images that I've found for this box. :(

Correct there is no 9.0 image for MXIII-1G built by Demetris, only 8.2.3 for now

• Hi Demetris, I dont want to bother you, but any news on S802 images? Been a long time since you posted anything. Thanks man!

Have been a little busy with these:

[ROM][9.0.0_r34] AospExtended ROM V6.5 [OFFI… | Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

[ROM][Pie]Resurrection Remix v7.0.2 [TB8703F… | Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

[ROM][9.0][TB8703F/X/R/N] Pixel Experience [… | Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

I will release new images very soon :)

Sorry for the delay

• OP is updated with LE9.0.2 download links

Enjoy.

This one still locks up hard, when trying to stop/fastforward/rewind a video on my Tronsmart MXIII-PLUS.

Oh well.

Time to just accept the fact that it is not possible to make a stable 9.0 release for S812.

(Kernel is just too old.)

Back to a 17.6 release for me.

• Goodday Demetris,

I wrote you earlier this: My Tronsmart MXIII Plus works perfectly on the operating system of January 24, 2018, Libreelec-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-S82.img.gz. What a pity that my system is not compatible with the upgrades you have made now. Hope you preparel something for my system so that I can also look with Leia. For the rest nothing but praise because I've already had so much fun with this TV box.

Demetrtis remains a topper!

Can you indicate whether there will ever be updates for the TV box as I have it?

Now I am always looking at the forum to see if the updates are there or not.

• Thank you! Will try it later on my Tronsmart MXIII device.

Hey it sounds like you have the exact same device I have.

Could you let me know how much success you have and if you can stop/fastforward/rewind a playing video without a system lockup?

Thanks.

EDIT: After reading some obscure posts here and there, I found the lockups seem to ONLY occur when the refresh rate is set to 60Hz

One of my TVs allows for 50Hz and that one works if I use that. But the other only has 60Hz and 24Hz. Using 24Hz is supper jumpy in the menus and durring playback. So I really cannot use the 50Hz solution. Either someone needs to fix 60Hz or I need to stay at LE 8.2.3 or I need to just abandon my Tronsmart MXIII-Plus boxes and get new ones. If I go the new box route, it is highly likely that I will not need LE at all.

The only use case I see going forward for LE is to get KODI working on hardware that generally does not run KODI well in the first place. I am fairly certain that newer boxes will have better implementation of MediaCodec and thus will not need LE.

When it comes to music I use to use open software called RockBox. That project is pretty much dead because who uses MP3 players anymore? I think LE could eventually head down the same path.

Edited once, last by kingsombra: Found out some more info (May 22, 2019 at 7:11 AM).