Posts by ochentay4

keesijp60 Your box seems to have a type of internal memory called emcp (basically RAM and storage are in a single chip). I don't know if you can send the output of a uart serial, but I'll try to make some changes,
    Regarding your project, time, and several versions of libreleec ago, a user connected an rk322x box to an amplifier through the spdif digital output.

lukeluke1979
    March 31, 2022 at 1:59 PM

Maybe you can take a look to understand the potential of your box (the instructions also apply to my builds).

ochentay4 Finally, some time ago I found a box identical to yours. So being able to do some tests I also managed to get the wifi working (but only on libreelec 11)
    as regards the installation in nand (as in your case), from libreelec 11 it's no longer supported (as indicated in the first post that no one reads 8o). unfortunately, the source code is not available and with the new kernels, the nand binary no longer works.
    Maybe one day this may change. But considering that in my case a couple of nands chip start to corrupt!!! So I always recommend installing it on the SD card because it's more manageable (backups, replacements, etc. etc.)

ilmich hi! i read it, i wanted to install libreelec 10 on it. dont worry. wifi works fantastic on libreelec 11. im surprised how good both builds work, it really did change a lot in a year! I have contacted (again) jock on armbian forum to make multitool work on this box so maybe I can get armbian on nand and libreelec 11 on sd. i couldnt be more grateful to you for your work.

I just tested both LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20230925-65bd849-rk322x.img and LibreELEC-RK322X.arm-11.0-nightly-20240218-d7324fb-rk322x.img and they both seem to work fine except that 10.0 doesnt support wifi chip.

ilmich

I wanted to try (again) to install to internal using multitool but it doesnt boot multitool at all (screen is blank, cant remember if I have to do something else) yet your images boot fine. Am I missing something? I thought that multitool boot was "fixed" on my device.

I just tested both LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20230925-65bd849-rk322x.img and LibreELEC-RK322X.arm-11.0-nightly-20240218-d7324fb-rk322x.img and they both seem to work fine except that 10.0 doesnt support wifi chip.

ilmich

I wanted to try (again) to install to internal using multitool but it doesnt boot multitool at all (screen is blank, cant remember if I have to do something else) yet your images boot fine. Am I missing something? I thought that multitool boot was "fixed" on my device.

Hi ochentay4,

I've continued my fork of rkflashtool

https://github.com/ilmich/rkflashtool/

which is now able to update the bootloader. It's a highly experimental tool (I'm a volunteer) but it should help you flash libreelec to internal memory. It can also be compiled for windows, but at the moment I don't have a machine to do it.

ok, im not a linux user but will try to test it, if you tell me how to use it :)

Hi ochentay4,

If you are referring to 11, unfortunately if you have a NAND device still not. I'm working (slowly) on it.

Anyway I just got a board similar to this one

ochentay4
    August 17, 2020 at 2:17 AM

finally, I can try to experiment directly with esp wifi chips :)

I was referring to 10, its great that you have the same board now!

Wanted to report that my box boots fine with "LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20230306-088ac81-rk322x.img.gz". Thanks ilmich! Now this box stopped being useless!

Hi ochentay4,

but what did you install in nand!? Android or legacy libreelec!?

Anyway for the multitool keep asking for help in the armbian forum and follow any indications from jock2 and fabiobassa . They are my mentors, but it's not always easy for someone on the other side of the forum to help if someone just says "it doesn't work".

However I'm working on a script that automates the installation to internal memory, but it will take me a while.

I have tried several Android roms on nand and frankly they all suck, used FactoryTool and Batch Tool just fine to install them to nand.

I hope you get a script working, and on my side I will try to learn how to flash IMGs with rkdeveloptool using a live Ubuntu (im not good with linux but I can learn).

Multitool does not work at all in this box so I posted on Armbian forum so someone could tell me how to diagnose, as I dont know what to do next. "fabiobassa" suggested a USB TTL converter and give him a serial log and will try to get one or do one, but it will take time. I even scanned my network to see if some random Android device showed and it didnt. I suspect that the issue you fixed for LibreELEC could be similar for multitool. What do you think? Sadly, multitool doesnt boot at all, with any methods that i tried.

Hi ochentay4

yes, installing on nand is supported.

The best tool is the multitool from armbian.

Another method is with usb cable and rkdevelop tool.

yeah, problem is multitool doesnt work/boot/display anything so I cant use it (reported it here: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12656-cs…#comment-160946) and rkdeveloptool is for linux only am i right? tried to flash the img with RockChip_FactoryTool_v1.64 and RockChip_Batch_Tool_v1.8 and img isnt recognized. Any tips?

oh yeah now it works. want to remind you that I tried several SD cards, an old 2GB, and 2 differents 32GB all did the same. But this build works! Testing it now!

Currently running rk3229-box-v88mars-ovclk dtb. Is there any way to install LibreELEC to internal NAND?

Here it is

The error you are getting is related to the kernel not being able to detect your sd card (or controller).

Please try running the dmesg command from the prompt you see in the error phase (connect a USB keyboard to type it) and send some useful info.

Otherwise I don't know how to help you, the causes of the failed boot can be many. Having a box with nand also depends on what you have installed as a bootloader in internal memory.

However, as soon as I have some time, I'll do a test by installing legacy libreelec in one of my boxes to try to understand something.

How do I export dmesg output?

Hey guys! I just wanted to try latest version, as the latest I used "LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200427220805-b7186bc-rk3229-v884k" boots fine but its old as hell, unstable and lots of bugs, and when I try to boot with "LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20230206-b1e877a-rk322x" I get the following error:

I read something about a mutitool to flash the img to the device but cant find it, can anyone tell me why I cant boot and how to resolve this?

Thanks!

EDIT: found the multitool, it doesnt seem to boot at all because get a blackscreen. Yet I still get to boot fine with "LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200427220805-b7186bc-rk3229-v884k.img" without issue.

I use balena etcher for all my Android boxes and Win MiniPCs without any issue.

Tried all these with the same error:

LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20220707-e38bfe3-rk322x.img

LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20221122-32b2e05-rk322x.img

LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20230206-b1e877a-rk322x.img

Regarding ROM, yes, I flashed, crossflashed, reflashed the device MANY times looking for a usable ROM, be a modded ROM, a ROM from other device (newer), Lakka, LibreElec, etc. Didnt know this could damage in any way ethernet.

Regarding SD card, it was just a reflashed 2GB crappy SD card, as internal installation of LibreElec got me wifi broken and couldnt access the device anymore, so decided to start fresh.

Will do the following if ok, will reflash original Tronsmart ROM, and use a new 32GB SD Card so I can send you dmesg again. Is this good?