S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Hey Demetris, I just wanted to let you know that I have LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.RC4-MXIII-PLUS.img.gz working great on 2 Tronsmart MXIII-PLUS's that I own.

Thanks for all the effort you have put in.

I do have 2 things that I have noted, that are really minor annoyances for which I have workarounds, but I would like to let you know them in case you would like to look into them at a later time.

First, I think there is something not quite right with your samba setup. When I go to the browser and choose SMB, I would assume that I should see my "WORKGROUP" workgroup at least, but nothing shows up. I get around this by "Adding source" and typing the machine names that I have setup, by hand. It does a good job of finding the machine by name. I don't even have to use the IP address.

Second issue, is that I have one older flat screen that has REALLY poor CECS. On this, when I first startup Libreelec on the Tronsmart, since it does a bad job of reporting correct resolution, I get "Invalid format" over and over until Kodi itself starts up, and then everything is OK. I don't know if there is any way of solving this, but I really don't need too, since KODI works fine, once it is running. I just cannot see any of the setup Libreelec is doing when I first burn an image including the Libreelec splash screens. Since my other flat screen is newer, it works just fine.

For what its worth, those are the only 2 issues I see and obviously minor annoyances at best.

EDIT: I think I might see why I am having trouble with my older flat screen. Apparently, a recent change to HardKernel changed the default U-BOOT to always be 1080p. My older flat screen only does at most 1080i. Unfortunately, I have no idea if there will ever be a fix.

EDIT2: I just solved the screen issue by going back to Android, and playing around with a couple rounds of rebooting after changing the screen resolution, and making sure that the Tronsmart logo splash screen comes up consistently. Then I restarted Libreelec, and magically the entire powerup and LE logo shows.

Edited 3 times, last by kingsombra: Found more information. Fixed one problem. (October 21, 2017 at 7:15 PM).

• Hi, guys.

My friend has MXIII (2G) and it's mentioned in header.

I looked for Demetris's firmwares and found only for 1G RAM.

Can I install it to 2G? Or it's best way to receive nice brick?

• +1 :)

• For M8 S802 / 8.2.RC4

CPU temperature should be read from cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp in the /bin/cputemp

or users who wants to show temp now add in

/storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Code
    <advancedsettings>
    <cputempcommand>echo "$(cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp) C"</cputempcommand>
    </advancedsettings>

Edited once, last by Sharkiss (October 22, 2017 at 11:03 AM).

• Having trouble getting this to take on my box, I've tried with the usb creator, loading the files on the usb formatted to FAT 32 and can view and install the update file but nothing else.

System

D19_AEACE_CA8_E_4_C92_8198_EC44_EC49_D225.jpg

• Having trouble getting this to take on my box, I've tried with the usb creator, loading the files on the usb formatted to FAT 32 and can view and install the update file but nothing else.

I'm pretty sure you know about the toothpick method of dual booting boxes like this. Just ignore me if you do.

If not, there is usually a switch in the back of the AV plug and you need a toothpick to reach it. Hold the switch pressed while powering on the box until the first logo appears then release it. This will usually set the box into dual boot mode and as long as the USB/SD card is connected, you should not have to do that again.

Also, I know my Tronsmarts do not like USB for dual booting. I have to use a SD card. In case that helps.

• I’ booted into recovery with the tooth pick, my box doesn't have an sd port on it I have to use the USB ports. Unless there’s another method I’ve not found out about yet.

• Community releases have their own release circle and in no way attached to any strings from official ones even if they are based on them.

What if i don't want to pull any other minor stuff in ? Since this is not official i see no harm releasing a "final" after krypton 17.5 dropped and call it a day and if the le team want to take over and release "official" images well, please do. But till that day comes, i call this S8X2 LE-8.2 final release and move on.

Regards.

• Hello All,

Could someone post what more different boxes can be flashed with LibreElec?

Nice to post box's picture and specs will be great.

I really appreciate it and thank you,

JR

• Just want to letting you know, that the final 8.2 works fine on the MXIII 1G.

Normally when i used the remote of the tv (Sony Bravia) to put the tv out, the box also went out. Now i have to use the button on the box.

Otherwise no problems at the moment.

• Please Demetris could you upload the tar file of 8.2 final for the MXIII-PLUS ? I can see only the img file :( I want to put the tar file in the update folder as I usually do

Try putting the .img file in the update folder, I'm fairly certain I have done this before and it's worked....