Guide - using a Harmony with amlogic devices

• Actually the power button is quite useless because it forces a whole reboot, at least on my device. Apparently suspend does not work. I am actually going to remove it from my harmony and leave the box on all the time.

I also did the whole 2 remotes thing and edited the OPs original file to change the menu key to the context key, which was sorely missing. I very much prefer altering the file to learning codes, that way my Harmony is as stock as possible.

Here is the code if you want it, power was NOT modified:

Edited once, last by Skripo (March 17, 2017 at 3:09 PM).

• I need some letters for other functions, and Pivos doesn't have any. I know Logitech had a Kodi device but no hardware os you can't really map it.

Any suggestions?

• Thanks trogggy for this post. I have an old 525 harmony remote and I note that you have the same one. Had 2 questions.

1 problem I have been having is that I find the stop function takes about 3-5 sec to work. The video stops immediately but then freezes and it doesn't return to the previous screen for 3-5 seconds. On the other hand, if I access the onscreen control and click on the stop button, it does it immediately.

Also I note that return to dvd menu doesn't work. It shows another screen which is basically blank and after pressing OK, it then goes to the main DVD menu. Again using the onscreen DVD menu button, it works immediately.

Is there anything I can change.

Thanks

• Thanks trogggy for this post. I have an old 525 harmony remote and I note that you have the same one. Had 2 questions.

1 problem I have been having is that I find the stop function takes about 3-5 sec to work. The video stops immediately but then freezes and it doesn't return to the previous screen for 3-5 seconds. On the other hand, if I access the onscreen control and click on the stop button, it does it immediately.

Also I note that return to dvd menu doesn't work. It shows another screen which is basically blank and after pressing OK, it then goes to the main DVD menu. Again using the onscreen DVD menu button, it works immediately.

Is there anything I can change.

Thanks

All I can suggest is what I'd do if confronted by that...
    - enable debug logging
    - open the log on my pc
    - start film
    - refresh log and scroll to the end
    - press 'stop' on the remote
    - refresh the log again, copy the lines showing what happened (on pressing stop) to a new file
    - start the film again
    - bring up the osd and navigate to 'stop'
    - refresh log and scroll to the end
    - press 'stop' in the osd
    - refresh the log again, copy the lines showing what happened (on pressing stop in the osd) to the new file
    Then compare the 2. And if you can't figure it out post the snippets here. And if I can't figure it out start a new thread.

Or to put it more concisely:
    Enable debug logging, see what happens when you hit a button.
    Same for the DVD menu.

I should say I've never seen those issues, but I don't play DVDs. Does the stop button still cause a 'hang' if playing from a file or stream?

• Thanks again,

I will try and do the logging as suggested and post what I come up with.

Just an update, the problem I had appears to be related to the Amber skin I was using. The stop button worked fine using the Aeon not skin. I did try turning on logging but going through the results for some reason didn't seem to bring up any of the ID/codes mentioned in the first page.

Is there a known ID/code for bringing up the DVD menu during playback?

Thanks

• Just an update, the problem I had appears to be related to the Amber skin I was using. The stop button worked fine using the Aeon not skin. I did try turning on logging but going through the results for some reason didn't seem to bring up any of the ID/codes mentioned in the first page.

Is there a known ID/code for bringing up the DVD menu during playback?

Action IDs are here:
    Action IDs - Official Kodi Wiki
    It looks like you maybe want '

Code
    ShowVideoMenu

'. But as I say it's not something I do.

• I'm glad to see this thread is still alive.
    This tutorial has worked very well for me using my harmony remote but now I've decided to give my amlogic box to my sister.
    She doesn't have an universial remote so I'd like to configure any random remote with enough buttons for this box.
    I've read something about LIRC may be working for amlogic boxes since one of the former libreelec builds but I can't find a tutorial about how to set it up.
    Am I wrong about LIRC working for s905 boxes or is there any other way to make any random remote control compliant with my amlogic device?

Edit: Don't bother, found a way. It's not very easy but gets the job done except for the power_on command which I still have the original remote to use for.

Here the link: thread-3581.html?highlight=remote.conf

Edited once, last by honolulu1 (April 5, 2017 at 3:41 PM).

• Hi.

I'm a bit of a klutz when it comes to IR commands.

Using the first post in the thread I now have my Harmony controlling my S905X box nicely. It even turns off Kodi.

I am having trouble turning on the device with the Harmony. I spoke to the manufacturer and they gave me 0x4d as the remote power button IR code. How do I incorporate that into the remote.conf ? I've had no luck so far.

Regards

David

• Do you have the original remote?
    Does that turn the box on?

If that's 'yes' and 'yes' it's just a case of using the Harmony's learning function. Learn the power button on your original remote as 'power on' for the pivos xios ds in your Harmony device settings.

• Hi,

I'm sure this all works OK, but for a really simple solution maybe try this....

Add a new device in the Harmony software:-

Manufacturer:- AM-Logic
    Model Number:- MXIII

This works on my M8 Mini II and my MXIII-G Plus.....

Me.

• Hoping to get some advice again.

I originally set up my harmony 525 following troggy's instructions and all went well. In fact, I only did the first 2 steps (install the "pivot bios ds device" and learn the power command) and it worked.

I have now got a harmony touch and again followed the instructions. However I am having problems with the power function. Everything else works well. After learning the "power" function, I find that I can power on my device but I can't power off.

I then tried to follow steps (3) and (4) but am stuck. I am using MyHarmony (for the harmony touch) but I dont understand how to set the "power on" in Harmony software and "power off" in Pivos profile. In MyHarmony, I can see the devices (Pivos) but it only has a powetoggle. My harmony 525 was set using the previous harmony remote software.

Thanks again

That's now ready to try, so move across to your Harmony:

• Install the 'pivos xios ds' device
    • using your original remote learn the 'power' command.
    • set the learned power command to 'power on' in the Harmony software
    • set the power command in the pivos profile to 'power off'

After a bit of experimenting I ended up with the following delay settings for my Harmony:
    power on > 1000
    Inter-key, Inter-device and repeats (the last one accessed via 'troubleshooting') are all set to 0 (zero).
    Before that I had problems with multiple keypresses - it's what works for me / my device / my remote so use it as a starting point.

• Two ways:
    1. Use coreftplite, winscp, filezilla or similar and it's in /.storage/.kodi/.temp

2.In explorer navigate to 'Configfiles' and open the samba.conf.sample in a text editor.
    Add the following entries:

Save the file as samba.conf (make sure you don't make samba.conf.txt!!!). Reboot, and when you open it up in explorer again you'll see the 2 new entries (only the first is needed if you just want to see the log files).

I use number 2.

Ive got a big problem! Did not exactly what trogggy wrote. I created a file called samba.conf and inserted the code as seen in trogggys post. I did not edit the samba.conf.sample. So the content of my samba.conf is only the code of trogggy.

Now when trying to acces via windows username and password is needed...

root libreelec doesnt work. Please help me!

Edit: solved it by renaming the wrong samba.conf via putty

Edited once, last by Momo90 (July 8, 2017 at 2:11 PM).

• Hi Guys,

Didnt want to start a new thread, as this seems like the right place to ask.

I have a mecool m8s Pro L, with LibreElec running from an SD card (and using the internal memory for storage)

The remote.conf seems to be working fine, and the controls are working within libreelec, however I can't power off. I had the harmony learn the original remote 'power' button, but it does nothing when the box is on. Even the original remote isn't working anymore.

I'm assuming this is because the remote.conf has overridden the 'power off' button?

Maybe I havent followed the insrtuctions well enough?

• Have you used the power toggle on the harmony rather than power off or power on?

You can put the original remote in the same place as the remote.conf but call it secondremote.conf

• I have a mecool m8s Pro L, with LibreElec running from an SD card (and using the internal memory for storage)

The remote.conf seems to be working fine, and the controls are working within libreelec, however I can't power off. I had the harmony learn the original remote 'power' button, but it does nothing when the box is on.

Maybe I havent followed the insrtuctions well enough?

I use a Mecool remote from Harmony database (MecoolM8S Pro) and works great, I didn't learned any commands from the original remote.