How to boot Libreelec from USB on TANIX TX6

• Hello, please I need someone to help me, since I am new to this...

It turns out that I have purchased a TANIX TX6 player and I want to boot Libreelec from USB and then leave it permanently installed in the eMMC memory.

I have downloaded the last corresponding stable image for the TX6 and I have formatted it on a USB with the Libreelec USB-SD creator app, I have inserted it into a tanix usb port and I cannot get it to boot from it. I've tried holding down the reset button while connecting power, and all I get is booting into recovery mode. Can someone explain to me how to boot from usb and install it on the eMMC memory later?

I have searched for this question in the libreelec forums but I can't find anything that resolves my question... :(

Thank you very much for the help

• Hello, thank you very much for your answer. So introducing only the sd already starts from libreleec automatically? Or do I have to press the reset button while turning on the computer?

Once it boots, I also want to leave libreelec installed in the device's memory, I understand that to do that I have to do it through SSH (putty)??
    Regards, and many thanks again for your help.

• So introducing only the sd already starts from libreleec automatically?

Yes, SD card has higher boot priority than eMMC, so booting from it works automatically.

Note, I got reports that USB-SD creator app doesn't properly flash images to SD card, at least in some cases. If it doesn't work for you, try alternative apps like balerina etcher or just dd (if you're using Linux).

Once it boots, I also want to leave libreelec installed in the device's memory, I understand that to do that I have to do it through SSH (putty)??

Yes, using install2emmc command.

• I have just formatted the sd (trying with usb-sd creator and balena etcher), I have inserted it into the tanix tx6 and when I want to turn on the device it does not turn on or do anything, however when I extract the sd from the tanix, it does turn on.

say that if I insert the sd into the tanix already turned on it reads it, but when I try to restart the tanix or turn it off and turn it on again with the sd already inserted, it does not turn on again unless I remove the sd ...

What can be caused this? When I format the sd on my pc it's done without problems, and even when I access the sd I see the libreelec files inside it

• Can you confirm that this is really Tanix TX6 with H6 chip and not Tanix TX6s with H616? First is supported, later is not. If in doubt, you can open the box and look under cooler.

• The dice-roll is always whether the box is a real Tanix box, or a clone of the Tanix box with minor component differences. And the only proof or it using an H6 chip is opening the box up and visually checking. All the main Android box brands are widely cloned, and some even ship with a completely difference SoC inside.

• So that's probably it, even so I have already returned the receiver back to the store where I bought it and I have ordered the X96 Max+ to test. Thanks for your help anyway

• I have just formatted the sd (trying with usb-sd creator and balena etcher), I have inserted it into the tanix tx6 and when I want to turn on the device it does not turn on or do anything, however when I extract the sd from the tanix, it does turn on.

say that if I insert the sd into the tanix already turned on it reads it, but when I try to restart the tanix or turn it off and turn it on again with the sd already inserted, it does not turn on again unless I remove the sd ...

What can be caused this? When I format the sd on my pc it's done without problems, and even when I access the sd I see the libreelec files inside it

Code
    Hi, I encountered the same problem, bought from China - Geekbuying, Tanix TX6 with Allwinner H6 chip, as it was written in the description and on the box.
    I opened it and inside the surprise it says H616 TX6S!
    The question is can I still hope for LE and for this chipset or do I throw it away?
    Thanks in advance.
    So be careful what you buy and where!!!
  • So that's probably it, even so I have already returned the receiver back to the store where I bought it and I have ordered the X96 Max+ to test. Thanks for your help anyway

Hi crisofter13 which model did you buy, 2GB/16GB or 4GB/32GB? I saw that there are some differences in wifi between the two, is the wifi chipset recognized by LE?