running from usb

• Hi –I intend running libreelec (LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64-11.0.1.img) on a pc from a bootable usb pen drive, and I have used the USB creator to successfully create a libreelec usb drive.

I see I have the option to boot live .... which seems to run libreeleec in ram from its intial state... and any customisation disappears on reboot...

And the option to boot run ... which saves any updates to the usb.

What I would like to do is to setup & customise my libreelec system and save it to usb (as with Run option), but then on subsequent boots run this system in ram (as with live) with any further updates discarded on shutdown... and back to my customised system on boot... is this possible?

thanks

Edited once, last by smiffyma (March 28, 2023 at 3:39 PM).

• thanks - though I'm not sure I'm seeing this problem... the usb drive is 2GB, and when I look at it with gparted libreelec is approx 0.5gb and storage is 1.5 gb?

Anyway, my question was really around once I have built a libreelec setup I'm happy with on the USB (with boot run)... I would like to be able to run that setup from the usb in ram so that any further updates could/would be discarded on reboot (or something similar)

thanks again