Upgrade Questions

• Hi folks,

I am currently running Generic x86 9.2.6 and am considering upgrading to 10.0.4 with a clean install. I use a few add-ons and am hoping someone on here can tell me if they work fine on that version please?

Add-ons in question:

iPlayer www

YouTube

Chrome browser

TvHeadend

Main reason for upgrade is to get latest chrome as my version no longer works with ITV/All4 website players. Also hoping that Catch Up & More add-on will be compatible.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

• Anyone else got any helpful advice please?

What hardware do you have? But the answer I would give is

10.0.4 Generic

or

Latest 11 Nightly Generic-legacy

- https://test.libreelec.tv/11.0/Generic/Generic-legacy/

- This includes Kodi 20.1

- Includes some important wireless fixes

- This nightly includes the main components of what will be released as LE11.0.1 (no date set) - but is a stable release

You do need to perform a clean install from LE9.

• Download the update to /storate/.update and rename /storage/.kodi out of the way then reboot to update. You'll end up with a clean install but can easily copy/move things back to where they need to be. Or if that sounds like gibberish, start over with a proper clean install.

• Thanks chewitt & heitbaum.

Hardware is Intel i3 (ivybridge) with 4gb ram, onboard GPU.

I was under the impression that some of the addons I mentioned don't work on 10+ because of a different python version or something, maybe I got that wrong?

Good idea re copy ./Kodi folder, might try install and see how it looks, but it's quite a big time investment especially as this is our only TV box, so all satellite channels, timers, recordings etc.

Thanks again

• Running from ssd or usb-stick?

If so, get another one and do a clean install on that one and replace the original one with the new, if it dosent work just put back the one with your old setup intact.

• photogsy

I think I might have stumbled on why there are issues with older intel video cards (well I hope)

Can you please run these 2 commands (on the not working device) and share the output with me.

systemctl status kodi

ldd /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so