LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220213-fcba5db is restarting every 20 seconds

• I have the same problem: Kodi crashes regularly, looks like when it tries to update some sqlite3 database. In the following crashlog Kodi crashed after I stopped viewing a Youtube video (with plugin.video.youtube). Tested with LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220215-f42fa56.tar

http://ix.io/3PKp

Note that the SEGFAULT occurs in /usr/lib/libpython3.9.so.1.0 and this behaviour started with the switch from python 3.8.x to 3.9.x (#6227)

I have a build with DEBUG=Python3,kodi and can reproduce the crash with that.

• I think in your case it could be related with the Youtube add-on.

I am also experiencing a memory leak in Kodi when using Live TV so it looks like a more general Kodi's bug in (at least) recent LE Nightlies.

• Here's another crash log, produced with a build with DEBUG=Python3,kodi

http://ix.io/3PLX

This time no Youtube involved, I just played a few minutes of a local movie, stopped it and "Reset resume position".

All my crashes, whatever the apparent activity was, show a segfault in thread 1 with identical (at least) 10 top frames, all executing python code.

• Hi had the same issue.

I've also compiled myself from git and had the same problems.

In my case kodi was complaining about a missing python lib. (I believe pyhton was updated to 3.9 a couple of days ago).

Similar to a problem I had reported in another thread,

I've SOLVED the issue by "make clean" and re-building everything.

Everything is stable now with the last source versions.

As I do not know how the nighlty builds are made,

I humbly suggest to the team to re-build them from scratch.

• I updated using LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220216-f42fa56.tar

Kodi resets after a few minutes.

It's good to see so many other corroborating.

Going back to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220212-d203600.tar which is rock solid with Argonone fan.

Keep up the good work.

• RPI4B 2Gb.

I tried another update from Feb12 release (stable) to Feb17 release. Same Problems. Looks like it Kodi restarting.

Crashlog

http://ix.io/3PTn

Code
    [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
    Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
    Core was generated by `/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs'.
    Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    #0  0xf78dbefc in ?? () from /usr/lib/libpython3.9.so.1.0
    [Current thread is 1 (Thread 0xc7760280 (LWP 1330))]
  • Thank god I found this thread... I'm also experiencing these random reboots due to segmentation faults in libpython3.9.so.1.0.

I downgraded back to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220212-d203600.tar, no reboots so far...

• Here's another crash log, produced with a build with DEBUG=Python3,kodi

The last lines in the log show that script.embuary.info ran just before the crash:

Code
    2022-02-16 17:22:12.053 T:1305     info <general>: CPythonInvoker(9, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.info/default.py): script successfully run
    2022-02-16 17:22:12.155 T:1305     info <general>: Python interpreter stopped
    2022-02-16 17:22:24.776 T:1306     info <general>: initializing python engine.

Please try with that addon removed, it seems to cause crashes on other systems, too. See eg this bug report https://github.com/sualfred/script.embuary.info/issues/81

so long,

Hias

• If you want to get this solved please try the suggested addon change.

Also try with a clean install using stock estuary skin and then try installing addons one by one and carefully test.

I'm not seeing any crashes here on RPi4 - also using the youtube addon.

If you just switch to older builds nothing will change as no one of us devs could reproduce the issue so far.

so long,

Hias

• If you want to get this solved please try the suggested addon change.

I did a full clean and rebuild of latest master with with Python 3.9 and DEBUG=yes.
    Made Kodi crash relatively quickly, by scrolling around, trace attached.

And yes, disabling script.embuary.info seems to help, can't crash Kodi by navigating in video lists anymore.

Then I've reenabled embuary and got this error in kodi.log

• And yes, disabling script.embuary.info seems to help, can't crash Kodi by navigating in video lists anymore.

Then I've reenabled embuary and got this error in kodi.log

Please report that to the addon author. It could be something in the addon or in the addon depends that triggers this issue.

Kodi switched to Python 3.9.10 about a month ago https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20853 and one of the comments in the PR also mentioned kodi crashes on android if script.module.simplecache is used (which is also used by script.embuary.info).

So this doesn't seem to be LE specific and it's best to take it up to the relevant authors so they can investigate it.

so long,

Hias