Kodi crashing when playing a video file

• ### Describe the bug

When playing a video file, libreelec crashes (black screen and then no sound)

### To Reproduce

Play a movie and see what happens

### Informations

- LE Version: 10.0.1

- Hardware Platform: RPi4B

### Log file

http://ix.io/3OgC

### Additional context

The video is played from an external hard drive. I don't have any specific config, I just flashed libreelec on an sd card, started the rbpi and tried to open a video file

• Sorry the Link to your Log-File gets blocked by my AV-Software, saying it's infected with Malware.

1. What kind of Video did you try to play (for example: Movie downloaded from the Internet or Movie filmed by yourself ?)

2. What Format MKV, MP4, AVI ? h264 or h265 ?

3. Did the Video plays on another Machine (for exampel otherRaspberry / PC) / with another Playback-Software ?

4. Did the Video plays with another Version of LibreElec ?

5. Did you disable the Hardware Acceleration settings (Settings -> Player -> Videos) ?

• I am trying to play an mkv file downloaded from the web, I played it with another computer with mpv and vlc (works fine) and also on kodi on another computer with no issue, the video didn't play neither with libreelec v10.0.0 nor v10.0.1, and I can't find the option to disable hardware acceleration (also with advanced settings level)

• Here is the output of mediainfo :

But I higly doubt the problem comes from the files because with every file I tried (from different sources) it plays for a few seconds and then crashes.

Another thing I didn't mention is that I get the same problem with OSMC

• TomTom I would suggest running the HDR test build, you can get it in the LE11 nightlies, or this LE10 build:

HiassofT
    December 18, 2021 at 9:25 PM

And report back, it looks like it is a HDR 4K file.

• TomTom I would suggest running the HDR test build, you can get it in the LE11 nightlies, or this LE10 build:

HiassofT
    December 18, 2021 at 9:25 PM

And report back, it looks like it is a HDR 4K file.

Thanks I'm gonna try this !

TomTom you log doesn't include the kodi.log or crashlog.

Can you try uploading again, with debug logging enabled, after the crash (and without rebooting).

I tried including the crashlog as well but I was giving me the same link. And after libreelec crashes, I can't find another way to access the logs than rebooting