Posts by Niceguy

Thanks for the Help, but like I said before, a little more explanation would be helpful.

1.Install the Multimedia Tools add-on

I found the Add-On and installed it

2. Run "Alsamixer" from SSH

Well, how do I "activate" SSH in LibreElec ?

3. Run "amixer contents | paste" and share the URL

And how do I do all this ?

You can't simply run "Alsamixer" in LibreELEC, no you must use another Software and a Windows-PC.

As far as I know I have to install a Software named "PuTTY" on my Windows-PC to have access over SSH to the Alsamixer on my HTPC.

And then, how do I run ""amixer contents | paste" with "PuTTY" using SSH ?

How do I get an URL to post it here ?

Nothing explained, so it's "Try & Error" for me.

Why is all that so complicated ? Not everyone is a "Linux-Expert"!

I assume that there are a lot of people out there who didn't get these "Linux-Stuff" at all and simply quit, searching for a simpler solution to watch her Videos.

I assume also that the Error either lies within LibreElec or my Soundcard, because today a made a fresh Install of an old Version (9.2.6) of LibreELEC and the same thing happened, no Sound with the Asus Xonar Soundcard.

Maybe the Soundcard is not compatible with Linux, Kodi or LibreELEC, but at the Moment I didn't have another Soundcard to test it out.

Just installed LibreELEC 12.0.0 (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-12.0.0) on my PC (Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 / CPU: AMD FX4300 QuadCore - 3,8Ghz / Grafik: ASUS EAH 5750 Formula) and run into the following Problem:

The Sound works fine if I use the 3,5mm Audio-Jack on the Motherboard, but it doesn’t work at all if I install a (Asus Xonar DG PCI Soundcard.

What I did:

Disabled the Onboard-Sound in the BIOS-Settings of the PC

In LibreELEC in "System" -> "Audio" I choose the right Soundcard for Audio Output

I set the Audio-Volume to "Max" in LibreELEC and on my Speakers.

But still no Sound, neither from the 3,5mm Audio-Jack nor from the Optical S/PDIF Port on the Soundcard.

So did I do something wrong ?

Is the Asus Xonar DG Soundcard not compatible with LibreELEC, Kodi or Linux ?

Does anyone know a Soundcard with an optical S/PDIF Port which is working with LibreELEC 12.0.0 ?

I want a Soundcard because I need an optical (or coaxial) S/PDIF Port and there is none on the Motherboard.

I've just installed LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0.6 (download from https://libreelec.tv/downloads/generic/ ) on my PC, everything went fine, but I can't change the language to German.

1. At the first Start the first thing LibreELEC does is asking about the language you want to use.

Here I set the Language to German, but the German Language Add-On wasn't downloaded at the end of the Setup.

(PC was connect to the Internet, Connection was working)

2. After the Start of LibreElect I went to "Interface" -> "Regional" and set

Region default format to "Central Europe" (Germany isn't there)

Timezone country to "Germany"

Timezone to "Europe/Berlin"

Then I went to "Language" but the only Language showing up is "English"

3. After that I went to "System" -> "Add-ons" ->"Install from repository" -> "All repositories" -> "Look and feel" to check if there's a German Language Add-on available, but there are only "Screensaver", "Skin" and "Visualisation" Add-ons.

4. It seems that the "Kodi Add-on repository - Team Kodi 3.3.1" (where the German Language Add-on is locatet) is offline.

If I chose this repository it tells me "Could not connect to repository"

So I'd like to ask if someone could please tell me how can I change the Language in LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0.6 on my Computer to "German" ?

So I want to download the latest Version (11.0.3) of LibreElec for PC.

I went here

LibreELEC Generic - LibreELEC

click on the the Link

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0.3.img.gz

and I got the message:

redigo: nil returned

Same happend with

LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64-11.0.3.img.gz

If I do a "Right Click" on the Links and choose "Save as"

it saves a *.GZ File with the Size of 1KB.

Did I do something wrong or is there another Downloadlink for LibreElec 11.0.3 ?

hahaha. open source geeks unite. dr frankenstein show us your monster. masta here they come. I see them. let them come

Come on, get a life.

Yes, there is an Error in LibreELEC 11 and the WiFi isn't working.

But what will you do ?

Arguing, crying and insulting People over and over like a little Child ?

Do you really think that this will help and you will get a working Version ?

Always remember:

They are MANY and you are ONE, and if you didn't behave they will kick you off the Board and it will quiet here again !

(I'm still astonished that they be this patient and keep you here for so long and that they reopen this Thread)

And what will happen if you get banned from this Forum ?

You will still have a LibreELEC 11 with a none working WiFi !

So please shut up, wait for a working Version, and if you really need WiFii install an old Version (or search for some other Software) and be happy !

in other word. nobody knows when it will be fixed?

Don't argue with the Guys.

They (especially chewitt) are "The Big Bosses" here and they kick you out of the Board if you are rude and complain to much !

For me, WiFi didn't work in LebreELEC 11 too, and when I asked why it is so here on this Board, they also tell me that there is an Error within Kodi.

So, they released a "faulty" Version and they know about the Bug (this is called the "Banana Principle"), but I won't argue with them because they are too "high and mighty".

I simply installed an old, working Version of LibreELEC because LibreELEC 11 didn't offer Things I really need.

Please be patient, install an old Version of LibreELEC, and maybe, sometimes in the Future, there will be a Version of LibreELEC where WiFi is working again without any tinkering by the User.

Based on the total number of issue reports to this forum and our IRC channel I'm calculating this problem is impacting ~0.0009% of the users running LE11 images. That level of "failure" is excellent.

It seems that it doesn't come to your mind that not everybody who uses LibreELEC knows this Forum too ?

And if you release something and you know it has a Bug, it would be nice to inform the Users about this before you relase it !

Where is the Information in the Changelog ?

LibreELEC (Nexus) 11.0 - LibreELEC

Well, I don't want argue with you, so WLAN not working in Version 11 then it's back to Version 9.2.8 for me, because "Never change a running System" (even if someone make the greatest promises about a newer version)

Well, it seems you've got the same Problem like me:

Niceguy
    March 8, 2023 at 2:10 PM

Your WiFi passphrase is a passphrase not a key so entering it over and over won't achieve anything. This is probably something related to crypto in the kernel and the change to IWD. At the moment "it's a known problem" but how to triage/diagnose the issue is not known and there is no solution. To be continued..

So you don't know either ?

Well, it seems that's only me who got this problem, because nobody else complained about this "serious flaw" here on this Board.

But if it's a "know problem" why was Version 11.0.0 released with it ?

Was this Version never tested ?

I think a lot of people use WLAN with their LibreELEC, and all would be very disapointed if it's not working in the new Version.

Well, the old saying "Never change a running System" seems to be true,

Luckily the USB-Stick with Version 11.0.0 was only for testing and I will revert back to Version 10.0.4 on the Stick.

For daily use I've kept my SSD with Version 9.2.6 for PC and my SD-Card with Version 9.2.8 for my Pi3 which both never gave me any Trouble.

Hi,

I've just updated to LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0.0 on my PC.

Everything went fine, but LibreELEC won't connect to my WLAN.

The WLAN is switched on in LibreELEC -> Network -> Wireless Network and

the WLAN shows up in LibreELEC -> Connections, but if I want to connect, LibreELEC tells me "invalid-key"

I've checked the Key about 20 Times, and put it in again and again and it's always "invalid-key".

The key is right, it works fine with LibreELEC 9.2.6, 9.2.8 and 10.0.1

It doesn't have hdmi, only DVI (and scart/svideo/composite). The website of phillips states that the DVI in-port supports

• 640 x 480, 60, 67, 72, 75Hz
    • 800 x 600, 56, 60, 72, 75Hz
    • 1024 x 768, 60, 70, 75Hz

But weirdly, the Tv says it doesn't the resolution when I try setting the resolution to 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 with the help of a second monitor.

As 1024 x 768 isn't in the list of standard resolutions of Kodi, could I add it by any chance? This is the support page of the tv in question.

Thats strange, I checked the Website you linked above, and there it says the TV has an HDMI-Port.

If it don't show up, click on the "Show all product features" Button on the Page

Than look at "Technical Specifications" -> "Connectivity"

and there it says AV4 = HDMI !

And even the User manual (you can find it here https://www.philips.com.ph/c-p/32PF7320_9…d-ready/support)

says on Page 3 that the TV has a HDMI-Port (but no SCART)

It says exactly

"HDMI/PC-D 

HDMI input for connecting a HD (high definition) equipment or computer (equipped with
    DVI output connected with a DVI to HDMI cable)."

This means that you can connect your PC with an HDMI-Cable, If the PC doesn't have a HDMI-Port but a DVI-Port you can use a DVI to HDMI-Cable.