[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• There was no need to rebuild the image, you could just overwrite the file on the sdcard. However, if you want to compile the images update my repo to the latest commit. I'm updating based on your feedback.
    Please try this test image

Index of /libreelec-11/h20/

I've fixed uboot, uart baudrare, and include the suggested dtb.

• There was no need to rebuild the image, you could just overwrite the file on the sdcard.

Ops, I did it in a complicated way.

I tried the image you have uploaded; the results are the same as the last test with your dtb and uboot.img (stopping a few lines after the kernel start).

Btw, the log of uboot is still at 115200bps, maybe something is missing...

Thanks.

• Ok, now DTBs are less obscure to me.
    I used the tool suggested by ilmich to extract images from stock h20 firmware, then using binwalk I found in resource.img a dtb together with a bitmap.

I extracted the dtb (and decompiled to verify it make sense).

Then I renamed to rk322x-box.dtb and put in root of SD.

Unfortunately now the boot stops right after the "starting kernel" message.... :cry:.

In any case, I attach dtb here; maybe it can inspire someone...

• Btw, the log of uboot is still at 115200bps, maybe something is missing...

it's normal, now everything is at 115200 (as it should be). regarding the device tree you have probably studied, but they are files that describe the device (how many USB ports it has.. if it has HDMI.. internal storage.. etc etc)
    Unfortunately this week I'm busy at work, and I don't know how much I can help you (having said that without device was hard for me). However, I advise you to take the dtb of the latest build that I sent you, decompile it (there is a tool called dtc), and try to remove some pieces (for example the part that indicates the CPU frequencies).
    However, if I think of anything else I'll let you know.

• it's normal, now everything is at 115200 (as it should be)

Should I expect to have also the early boot (minloader-ddrbin-trustos) at 115200? Now this is 1500000.

Unfortunately this week I'm busy at work, and I don't know how much I can help you

Don't worry, you already helped a lot. I will continue by cutting branches on dtb (or merging from the one I've extracted) and maybe also trying to boot Armbian (if it really works) to compare things. I will keep you updated.

Thanks again.

• Should I expect to have also the early boot (minloader-ddrbin-trustos) at 115200? Now this is 1500000.

Trust is a closed binary, but for ddrbin there is a tool that configures these things. so I would tell you that if everything went well everything is now at 115200.

Don't worry, you already helped a lot. I will continue by cutting branches on dtb (or merging from the one I've extracted) and maybe also trying to boot Armbian (if it really works) to compare things. I will keep you updated.

If you get Armbian with kernel 6.1 (should be the stable one) the dtb is compatible, jock2 and I exchange information.

• Update:

Now I have Armbian with kernel 6.1 working fine (my falut, I didn't reset internal eMMC; I thought sdcard had priority during boot process).

Librelec is still stopping a few rows after kernel start, but now I have a working dtb to try and compare, so I think I know how to proceed.

• Now I have Armbian with kernel 6.1 working fine (my falut, I didn't reset internal eMMC; I thought sdcard had priority during boot process).

If I remember correctly, the boot sequence always starts from internal memory, and then from a certain point onwards, it goes to the SD card. This causes problems with old bootloaders (as in your case). So either you update what is in the internal memory, or you reset it so that it takes everything from the SD.

Librelec is still stopping a few rows after kernel start, but now I have a working dtb to try and compare, so I think I know how to proceed.

Good, from the error I see that it could be a problem with the cpu frequencies. Try removing the cpu0_opp node.

• Most ARM SoC devices check for bootable code in SPI > eMMC > SD > USB, so most of the time u-boot is found on eMMC and then if u-boot has a bootscript search sequence for finding a kernel, it often starts searching SD > USB > eMMC so that some level of "boot from SD card" is supported. The fact that "boot from SD card" is technically "boot from eMMC" is often lost when people assume that booting ARM boards works the same as booting a PC with a conventional BIOS boot process.

• Hi ilmich , ive been busy lately. Have flashed your latest snapshot. Something strange right at the first boot, the first thing i did was to go into the settings menu to change resolution and it rebooted suddenly before i could change anything. After that i installed PVR, did not have much time to test but i got the impression that its quicker (switching channels in Simple IPTV). I will have to test again another day. Thanks for your work!

• After testing the latest build from December 2, 2023, on the RK3228, I could attest to the excellence of the work done. LibreELEC worked very well! I managed to connect via WiFi, via RJ45 cable, and also used the system to install Transmission, Qbittorrent, Docker, Portainer, and Pi Hole! Everything was functioning with good performance.

Unfortunately, after running uninterrupted for 5 days, I decided to back up the system using the multitool. After the backup, the TV box no longer started. When attempting to restore the backup using Multitool, I received the error message "there are no eMMC devices suitable for backup". After researching, I realized that the TVbox eMMC memory burned out.

Unfortunately, I won't be purchasing another model now, but I thank the developers for making it available!

Edited once, last by fsdonato: I Love piratary (December 28, 2023 at 7:49 PM).

• fsdonato I'm very sorry, however you can continue to use libreelec via SD card (which is much better because you have no space limitations given that there are SD cards of 128GB and above). it's a shame to throw it away

• and also used the system to install Transmission, Qbittorrent

I don't know what your channel is (and not sure I want to be informed). However I will clearly state that if your channel instructs people on how to setup download (aka. piracy) rigs on our distro you are not welcome in this forum.

• Our empathy for users that write "I love piraty" on post changes and then change their avatar to a pirate flag is low. Your ability to use a custom avatar has been removed and further attempts to be "funny" about piracy matters will result in a ban.

• Hi all,

a new build of libreelec 11 available with:

- mesa 23.3.2 and kernel 6.1.68
    - preemptive kernel for better performance
    - various fixes and improvements
    - updated to latest libreelec source

Some features are missing (like NAND).

My build of Libreelec 11 has some breaking changes that make it incompatible with previous Libreelec 10 builds. In other words, there is no easy way to upgrade your Libreelec 10 setup to Libreelec 11.

Cheers
    Michele