Posts by usr4864

Happy New Year to everyone!

Hi ilmich , i tested your last build and again had the sudden reboot. But this time it was after the second boot. I send you all the logfiles.

Edit: after posting this i went and booted the box again and this time it froze while i was configuring my pvr client. It just stopped reacting and image froze. So i guess the latest builds are not stable on my onetv lite box.

Hi ilmich , ive been busy lately. Have flashed your latest snapshot. Something strange right at the first boot, the first thing i did was to go into the settings menu to change resolution and it rebooted suddenly before i could change anything. After that i installed PVR, did not have much time to test but i got the impression that its quicker (switching channels in Simple IPTV). I will have to test again another day. Thanks for your work!

Hi usr4864,

it's a reboot of the box? or Kodi? which device tree do you use? Is the generic one or the one for your box?

I'll ask you if you can send me a log because maybe I can get the wifi/Bluetooth working too

Hi ilmich ,

the box reboots, i always use the device tree for my box. After posting i noticed that the box was running default at 4K display resolution (i always forget to change config after flashing a new release of yours) and i changed it now to 720p. The choppy video issue when opening channel info is now a lot better, almost gone. So it might just be a performance issue. Haven't had enough time to test more after my last post. I might change resolution to 1080p and test again someday. Also maybe the reboot issue was because of this, i don't think this box is able to really handle 4K output.

Attached are the logs i found. the latest one is a clean boot and shutdown. Would be great if you get wifi to work!

Hi ilmich, i tried your latest build (nightly-20231119-505ae7b) on my OneTV Lite. I use Simple IPTV client, and when i watch a channel and open the channel info menu, the video starts chopping randomly a bit. I dont remember seeing this in last versions.

Another thing that happens on my box is random reboot while watching iptv. This i noticed in prior versions too. I can't say what causes it because this time for example it rebooted after about 10 minutes of watching and after reboot it worked for an hour without problems. I touched the box and it doesn't seem to get too hot, so i don't suspect it being from overheating.

sorry ilmich i just realized that i did not pay close attention to the command output. It says it cannot change protocol:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -p nec -t
    Protocols for device can not be changed
    Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.
    ^C

so i tried all protocols in vain because there seems to be another issue... why cant the protocol be changed?

This dtb works! Booting normally, graphics issues gone! Sound works, LAN works. Awesome job! :thumbup:

Here is the dmesg output dmesg_23_10_16.txt

Now whats missing is Wifi and IR Remote. I tried testing all protocols with ir-keytable command but nothing works. Seems like the IR is not correctly configured for my box.

Hi usr4864,

I didn't have time to look closely at your problem. please try my latest build of libreelec 11.

I would not like to 'reopen' libreelec 10, but fix your problems on the development version.

Cheers

Michele

Alright i understand. This latest build of libreelec 11 doesn't boot. TV says no signal and the box led doesn't come on. Nothing happens. I also tried the rk322x-box-t95d.dtb that's in your image and its the same.

it happens only with this box. I used the same cable + tv setup for another amlogic box to run libreelec and there are no issues. But it can be some internal pcb issue, i will go back to original FW and load video from sd to try this (i never used sdcard slot on this box before)

nope, it must be software issue because i reflashed my FW backup and played a .mp4 file from sd card and no such graphics glitches..

i made pictures while multitool was flashing my backup, you see the image jumps and has black bars running all over the place while its writing the data.

When its finished an there is no activity the image is crisp and clear.

i understand this are multitool images but the same happens while booting ilmichs libreelec build. (If necessary i could take pictures of that aswell, but its the same effect).

Hi ilmich i have a box called "OneTV Lite". In its original Android FW the CPU is called RK3229. And also it says RK30SDK rk322x_box in the Android info. I opened it and found wifi sv6051p and flash is emmc sandisk sdinbdg4-8. I am not sure if RAM is 1Gb or 2Gb.
    The box starts multitool and latest compiled armbian (for rk322x) from SD Card. Altough it has a weird graphics glitch (flicker and black bars in the picture) that seems to happen only during sdcard data transfer. As soon as everything is loaded the picture is perfect.
    I tried your latest libreelec 10 build and it doesn't boot with any of your dtb files. Then i started to play around with the device trees and copied some parts from the dtb that comes with multitool. Now i can boot your libreelec build from SD, with the same graphics glitch. Also the glitch dissapears as soon as Kodi finished loading i can navigate trough menus normally. Now i want to ask for your help to create the right dtb for my box. Remote doesn't work and the wifi is not recognised, i tried to copy the wifi node from another dtb with no luck.

Attached my current working dtb. Also dmesg and efuse dump.

OneTVLite_v1.dtb.txt

dmesg.txt

efuse.txt