Posts by ilmich

I had some time to try with my rpi4. I don't know if anything has changed in the meantime, but trying on a clean install of Libreelec 12 (no other addons) the psx emulation with pcsx_rearmed didn't give me any problems (just moments of fun with an old car racing game)

By the way, it also works fine on my old rk3229 box (arm 32bit and unofficial build of libreelec 12) but that's off-topic of course.

P.s: I saw from your logs that you are using libreelec 11, I suggest you try to update.

pcsx-rearmed contains special optimizations for arm architectures (dynamic recompiler and emulated graphics card optimized with NEON instructions). if they are not enabled it's essentially unusable. Lakka enables them, the kodi addon (used by libreelec) does not. Or at least that's what I saw. I'll try to take a look at it.

sorry, forget what I wrote. in the past pcsx_rearmed had to be compiled by manually inserting optimizations at build time (as the LAKKA build system still does). But I saw that now the best architecture and options are automatically selected by the makefile without any need to specify them

pcsx-rearmed contains special optimizations for arm architectures (dynamic recompiler and emulated graphics card optimized with NEON instructions). if they are not enabled it's essentially unusable. Lakka enables them, the kodi addon (used by libreelec) does not. Or at least that's what I saw. I'll try to take a look at it.

jaum20 I use estuary and my builds are optimized for this skin. personally on the boxes with ddr2 I tried pellucid for a period but estuary is the best currently.

However, try this pre-release build if you have an extra SD card.

Index of /libreelec-11/test/

there are some kodi optimizations that use smaller textures (lower quality but less stress on the cpu/gpu). Even third party skins should be better (I tried arctic fuse and it's not too bad)

remlei I imagine you also tried changing the HDMI cable. In any case, the problem is that the edid is not read correctly (so basically your TV is not correctly detected). this can happen if the HDMI cable is of poor quality, or the TV returns an EDID not correctly recognized by the driver.

Android in these cases sets the resolution fixed to 720p with audio. Linux instead at 768p without audio.
    The best thing would be to understand if this is the problem (I'm pretty sure it is) because I could simulate what android does but you miss out on all the other resolutions.
    So, as requested, please send a log (tutorial here https://wiki.libreelec.tv/support/log-files)

hi pocng

it's because I don't have any SDIO device information in the dmesg

that's correct, if you don't see this

Code
    mmc2: new high speed SDIO card at address 0001

at least it means that the wifi card is not active. I looked at the DTS and it seems to me to be the usual pin (90 --> gpio2 PD2) so the problem is really strange.

Thanks for rtl8822bs-aml git projet, I'll test it as soon as I get to detect SDIO

in this image, I have compiled the driver I was telling you about. the source is here (I forked) https://github.com/rockchip-with-…rtchip-sci-wifi

PS: for the r329q v3.1 I've finally made the merge request for boot support on the emmc :) and share this patched LibreElec built here

Thanks so much, I'll take a look at it as soon as I can

Hi @ilmich,

I quickly checked the GPIOs for Wlan and so far I haven't found the source of the problem. At first glance, the pins are indeed those defined in the dtb...

To help me identify the pinctrl from the gpio kernel debug file, I've made myself a correspondence table, I don't know if it can help other people but i share it here : http://sandbox02.poc.ng/tvbox/rk322x_linux_gpio.txt
    :)

To be continue ... :)

maybe you have already sent it, but could you please send me a dmesg? at this point the problem could be elsewhere.

SDIO WIFI : not detected :( => wifi is sdio 02e7/9086 / smartchip sci S9082H (on armbian forum i can see : its a clone of some wifi rtl chips , its closse source , no linux support)

I found this driver

GitHub - ChalesYu/rtl8822bs-aml at smartchip_sci_s9012p
    unoffical driver for linux (Support rtl8189es rtl8723bs rtl8822bs) and SCI(smartchip)WiFi(S9082C S9012P) - GitHub - ChalesYu/rtl8822bs-aml at…
    github.com

I don't like it much but I can try.

That might not be a simple exercise though, and his time is limited.

I'm starting to work on libreelec 12, but unfortunately, it's true that I have little time available.

pocng , do you have a link to the Android firmware of your box (alternatively also the first ~100mb of a dump of the internal memory) ? I looked at the logs and you should have a Broadcom BCM4330 wifi chip which is supported by the mainline kernel. If it's not detected, the correct gpio that enables it probably needs to be added, but I need the android dtb.

guerrero2694 as pocng said, try sending a photo of the board

The resizing process appears to have been interrupted because the partition is 7GB but the filesystem has not been completely resized. as they told you, post the resize log because it may have had problems completing. however you can also try the manual resize directly from the multitool

pocng try this new build

Fingers crossed

I modified the emmc node like this

Code
    +&emmc {
    +	clock-frequency = <50000000>; ---> added
    +	clock-freq-min-max = <400000 50000000>; ----> added
    +	mmc-hs200-1_8v; ----> added
    +	/delete-property/ pinctrl-names; 
    +	/delete-property/ pinctrl-0;
    +	/delete-property/ default-sample-phase;
    +	status = "okay";
    +};

jock2 is the greatest expert on these boxes (and beyond). Without him, these builds wouldn't exist because he taught me a lot. So the options he used are 100% the best.

I'll try to make some changes and send you a build to test.

For the options you can use in the dts unfortunately u-boot legacy is not well documented so the only way is to look at the driver

u-boot/drivers/mmc/rockchip_dw_mmc.c at next-dev · rockchip-linux/u-boot
    U-Boot tree for pending commits. Contribute to rockchip-linux/u-boot development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

However, from what I understand, the emmc that your box has is of a particular type and requires some precautions (I think the option that makes it work is the max-frequency option)