Posts by fsdonato

After testing the latest build from December 2, 2023, on the RK3228, I could attest to the excellence of the work done. LibreELEC worked very well! I managed to connect via WiFi, via RJ45 cable, and also used the system to install Transmission, Qbittorrent, Docker, Portainer, and Pi Hole! Everything was functioning with good performance.

Unfortunately, after running uninterrupted for 5 days, I decided to back up the system using the multitool. After the backup, the TV box no longer started. When attempting to restore the backup using Multitool, I received the error message "there are no eMMC devices suitable for backup". After researching, I realized that the TVbox eMMC memory burned out.

Unfortunately, I won't be purchasing another model now, but I thank the developers for making it available!

I can't find the transmission service addon in any repository that works, so I install docker and follow the installation instructions. I download and unzip master.zip but it creates the containers-master folder with a single file called Readme.md, it does not create the Dockerfiles-master folder, as the docker instructions say, so I cannot continue with the installation. The Readme file. md only includes the text '# LibreELEC containers This repository contains Docker containers for use with the LibreELEC 'JeOS' Linux distribution.'

Any explanation on how to install transmission? Any alternative with another torrent client?

Hello, on my YouTube channel, I've already made two videos showing how to use Docker on LibreELEC. In one of them, I demonstrate the installation of Transmission, and in the other, Qbittorrent. I'm not sure if it's possible to share here, but you need to go to YouTube and search for my channel "filipedonato" or "Filipe Donato youtube". My content is in Portuguese, but the instructions will be useful.

fsdonato sorry, can you please explain better your use case(better if step by step)? I want to reproduce your issue.

Step by step:
    Start the system.
    Connect to a Wi-Fi network. It will connect normally.
    Then go to Settings -> LibreElec -> and enable the Wi-Fi hotspot (tethering).
    It's in this option where I encounter the following bugs:
    *Sometimes the options to set the password don't appear, requiring a device restart and revisiting the same menu for them to show up.
    *It's not possible to deactivate the Wi-Fi tethering. Even after restarting the device and despite the interface showing that the option has been disabled, the Wi-Fi hotspot remains active in the phone's search. It becomes impossible to connect to other Wi-Fi networks. The solution was to reinstall the system.

2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi worked in build 2023/12/02 . Very good, your work was incredible!

There is a problem with thetering, when activated, the access point appears, but it is not possible to turn off thetering.
    Then you need to install the system again.
    Below is an updated log for the conference if you want. I don't think it will show the problem above because when I had the problem the samba server didn't work so I could get the log.
    log-2023-12-02-23.20.10.zip

Code
    [   15.710420] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43342-sdio for chip BCM43342/1
    [   15.710896] brcmfmac mmc2:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43342-sdio.rockchip,rk322x-box.bin failed with error -2
    [   15.711133] brcmfmac mmc2:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43342-sdio.bin failed with error -2

missing firmware, in the next build your wifi should work :)

Can you please tell me if, also checking with Android, your board also has Bluetooth? What is the name of your box (not board)? Do the LEDs work well? Do you try to see by switching to other device trees if your box already has a good configuration?

I want to make a specific device tree, but I need this information.

Thank you so much.

No working driver for now. I'll suggest to use ethernet, or external usb wifi dongle.

In my board, we also have Bluetooth, indeed.
    The LEDs show red when off and orange when on. There's also a blue LED, but it doesn't work on Libreelec (however, it doesn't cause any issues for me either).
    Overall, everything is working fine.

Thank you very much for providing this new build 2023/11/19.
    Regarding the Wi-Fi, it didn't work for me.
    As for the performance, I noticed a significant improvement in the animations and system's smoothness!

Hi fsdonato,

unfortunately, the r29s are very particular as boards. jock2 fixed them up recently because he had one available. If you can't do without wifi, I recommend getting a USB adapter because if I remember correctly, there are no usable drivers for that chip.

But I'll try to do something.

Cheers

Michele

Everything is fine; I am using it via RJ45 network, and it's working. The remote control is also functioning. Thank you very much!

The Build "LibreELEC-RK322X.arm-11.0-nightly-20231020-2c170bd-rk322x" worked on my TVBOX Rockchip RK3228, 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, board R29_MXQ_221_V2.4_210323. Only the Wi-Fi did not work because I believe the chipset is the 339s0205, the same as the iPhone 5S. THAKS! :)