Raspberry Pi 4B and LibreELEC 10.0: Not so "great" after all ?

• By the way this Thread should be about LibreELEC itself and not about technical problems with it.

So LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.1 is out now, and if I look around here on this Board I see again a lot of Problems with this Release.

And it seems these Problems can't be fixed the easy way.

Firts you must send in some "Error-Logs" to this Board and if there is a Solution for the Problem you can't simple fix it "with the switch of a Button", no, you must edit some "INI"-Files or open a "Console" and type in some cryptic Linux commands.

So I asked myself:

Why should I update from LibreELEC 9.2.8 to 10.0.1 ?

What is "better" in 10.0.1 ?

* I don't want to watch 4K/HDR Movies and I don't want to stream anything (for example from the Internet or a NAS)

* I want to watch Movies which are stored on an external HDD connected to an USB-Port of my Raspberry Pi 3 or my PC.

* 1080x1920 Full HD is enough for me and it works fine.

* Passthrough of the HD-Audio like Dolby Digital or DTS over HDMI to my Sony Soundbar works also without giving me any Troubles.

* I want to listen to MP3 Files and this works fine too, even over the 3.5 Jack connected to my Stereo System and with the Yatse Remote Control.

So why should I change a running System and Update to a Software which gave others a lot of Problems and Trouble and will give me maybe some too ?

Edited once, last by Niceguy (November 6, 2021 at 2:01 PM).

• So why should I change a running System

You don't have to. Nobody is being forced, especially with updates of major versions. Some people come to LibreELEC with a system that run OpenELEC, and it works fine for them with what they need. But lots of people want to update because they'll then have a higher version number...

• Nobody's forcing you to upgrade - if you have a working system that does everything you want - no need to upgrade.

However those of us who do upgrade will often provide bug reports and feedback to improve functionality - and test the newer features such as UHD HDR, HD Audio etc. that need to be tested to make them more reliable and robust, and for many of us using the 'Console' isn't a problem and the process of doing it stops the Linux commands being cryptic, as we learn more and more about Linux as we go. We're all different !