LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0 BETA1

• could you share the service.log from the tvheadend userdata folder ?

that sounds very strange

i will do that, but found one problem which might have had a impact: kodi.bin caused a very high CPU Usage, even when just at the main menu without playing anything. I had the UPnP Server enabled which caused the high cpu usage. After disabling the UPnP Server, the kodi.bin cpu usage went to around 10-20%. With the Server enabled it was about 120-130%

IPTV Streaming from TVHeadend now works without continuity errors! I guess the „idle“ CPU load was too much for the RPi4 to provide flawless IPTV.

Furthermore, i had Trace Debug enabled in TVHeadend Server, which caused MASSIVE debug logfiles (multiple Gigabytes), which might have caused the startdelay of the TVH Server. Have to test this further, though. (Edit: the startup-delay is also gone after disabling Tracedebug and removing the huuuuge logfiles)

Edited 3 times, last by ApexDE (March 26, 2021 at 5:46 PM).

• Anyone know if the MySQL structure is different with this release? I have one Pi4 upgraded to this latest release, but there is no update available for my Pi3 yet, so that has to stay on 9.2.6 for the time being. Is the Pi3 still going to be able to share details with the Pi4 via MySQL?

• Official Post

Has v10 ARM build got working Internet browser?

The only OS with a web browser for the RPi is Raspberry Pi OS. Kodi has no onboard web browser. There was/is a project to do that, but things are very quiet on that front.

And to be honest, a modern web browser on a RPi3 isn't the fastest solution, even a RPi4 still isn't giving a good enough user experience yet in that area IMHO.

• I've been using this beta version for a week now without any issues on my Raspberry Pi 4b (4GB). I managed to install the Netflix addon without issues and my Rpi 4b is playing 4k/2160p/HDR content from my NAS smoothly, with the exception of a RIP I have from Man of Steel; playing it keeps making Kodi pause with the 'Read Rate too low' notification. Adjusting video settings in my advancedsettings.xml doesn't make any noticable difference...

Edited once, last by lobbie1978: Typo in RAM amount of Rpi (April 8, 2021 at 5:25 PM).

• I discovered an issue with this bèta version running on my Raspberry Pi 4 (4 GB).

After finishing playing a movie, starting a second movie doesn't work. The rotating wheel appears for a few seconds, then the screen goes dark and then returns to the UI.

If starting a film with HDR, then the UI returns in HDR too.

Only rebooting the Pi solves it.

I installed a full metal cooling case which keeps the CPU steady at 50 degrees Celsius. So no cooling issues.

If you guys need logs, let me know. I'm happy to provide them.

• I have similar issue that when i play movie it goes black 1 second and then it shows the HDR logo and it goes back iam not sure its the cable.

• Hi,

currently I am running Leia (9.26) without any Problems on a Asrock Beebox Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J3160 @ 1.60GHz Quadcore. I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade to Beta 10 by copying Beta10 Image into the update Folder? Thank you guys.

Edit:

I have to correct my Question in that way, as I have just seen, there ist no Update Folder in Root

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ls -l
    total 40
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Aug 22  2020 backup
    drwx------    2 root     root         16384 Jan 11  2018 lost+found
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Jan 11  2018 music
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Jan 11  2018 pictures
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Jan 11  2018 screenshots
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Jan 11  2018 tvshows
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Jan 11  2018 videos

Edited once, last by rubinski (April 19, 2021 at 5:39 PM).