Posts by lobbie1978

Ok, so now I'm totally confused. But enlightend at the same time.

I tried to run NOOBS and that works. When booting up LE, I went to the System Information and saw this:

Code
    ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v61)

Which indicates it's a B+ model and NOT a RPi2... :(

On the PCB it says:

2011.12 which indicates:

Code
    Model B Revision 2.0 (512MB)
    PCB says: "Raspberry Pi (c)2011.12"

I misunderstood Revision 2.0 with RPi 2, when in fact, it's the RPi 1...

Can I get a big DOH! Obviously the RPi2 build won't run on the B+ model.
    So, I'm back to square one...

Yes.

Thank you. I found out I have a RPi 2 instead of a model 3.

I'm trying to get the nightly to work but I can't. None of the RPi2 LE10 images boot, not even the official LE9.2.

I tried installing NOOBS with LE9.2 (which does boot) and then update to LE10, although it's not recommended. What does the noobs nightly do exactly as I see there is no *.img inside the tar archive, just a folder with some stuff

In other words, how do I update my LE9 NOOBS install to LE10?

Hi guys,

I was planning to install an extra RPi in the bedroom. Since I have LE10 running on my RPi4 in the livingroom, I decided to give a nightly build of LE10 for the RPi2/3 a shot. Mainly because I run the MySQL configuration on my NAS hence the Databases should be the same.
    However, I can't get the RPi 2 to boot. At all. ;(

Here's what I tried:

• I installed the LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-10.0-nightly-20210808-f02196c.img.gz from LibreELEC nightly downloads
    • I tried 3 different SD-cards
    • I tried 2 different RPi 2B's (I have 2 lying around)
    • I tried reformatting the SD-card with the SD Card Formatter 5 tool
    • I tried installing the Image with Balena Etcher: balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives
    • I tried the official LE9.2 build for the RPi2 from the download page Raspberry Pi 2 – LibreELEC
    • I tried both the HDMI output as well as the composite output on my little Sony TV. Both give same results.

Nothing works. The screen either flashes the rainbowscreen for a second with the LE10 nightly build and then stays black or remains on the rainbow screen with the official LE 9.2 build.

I'm scratching my head here. What am I missing? :/

Any idea's :?: :?: :?:

[UPDATE]

I installed Raspberry Pi OS (32bit) on my SD-card and tried that. Guess what? This works... The OS boots up and works like a charm. But I can't get ANY LE build to work, no matter what I do...

To make it clear: RPi 2/3 development is dead on the old kernel, but not in general. Download LE 10.0 nightlies here: Click!

Make sure to install your first LE 10.0 nightly from scratch. Updating from 9.2.x will break software dependencies.

Is the RPi2 Nightly build suitable for the RPi3 as well?
    I have a RPi3 lying around and I would love to use that for the bedroom TV and connect it to the KODI database on my NAS.

Hi guys,

There is something that's troubling me for a while and I wonder if you guys can give me some explanation of this.

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 with LE 10 beta (latest) running through a Sony STR-DN1080 and then to my Optoma 4K UHD-35 projector.

I'm playing 4K HDR movies and Netflix and some movies are full frame (the dark gray area on the screen) and some movies are not. They are playing in a smaller frame (the light gray area on the screen). As far as I can see, both movies have the same resolution in the video stream. Does anybody know why some files display in a smaller frame?

I can't wrap my head around this and I find it quite annoying tbh.

Thanks in advance guys!
    Cheers,

Rob

The nightly's have been rocksolid so far for me. Installing beta 2 tonight. Love the work you did on it guys! Especially the HDR support for Raspberry Pi4 and the ability to output audio on the 2nd HDMI output. :thumbup:

Hi guys,

I have LibreELEC 10 beta running on my Raspberry Pi 4b (4GB). I'm running the latest Nightly every day.

I have a couple of 4K UHD rips on my NAS which I playback on my Optoma 4k UHD35 beamer.

Several video's output differently on screen, while the Kodi UI is calibrated perfectly.

Some video's need a positive zoom and some video's need a negative zoom to fill the projection screen edge to edge.

I apologize for my n00b description but I guess you'll get what I'm saying.

How is this possible? Why aren't the video's filling the screen correctly? Any idea's?

Cheers,

Rob

[update]

Hi guys. So, I managed to fix it!
    I gave it another shot and it took me a whole evening of fiddling around with the settings of both the Pi and Kodi, but eventually I found the solution that made it work with the latest nightly build of LibreElec 10.

It basically revolves around the config.txt which I adjusted so that the Pi doesn't call the EDID to set it's video settings (if I understand correctly). After I got 2160p/24 to work via the reciever's passthrough, some video's didn't play. Just a black screen with only sound. That was solved by upping the GPU Memory to 256MB with the gpu_mem=256 line in the config.txt file (setting it to gpu_mem=512 prevents my Pi4 to boot for some reason, although it's a maximum setting that is supported).

I also set the whitelist in Kodi to 2160p/24 as the only resolution. Now, every video plays in full 2160p! Unfortunately my receiver doesn't support HDR passthrough, so I'll probably replace my STR-DN1050 with the STR-DN1080 which does support 4K HDR passthrough. But for now, I'm a happy camper :)

Here's my working config.txt:

I hope I can help someone else who ran or runs into the same problem. This thread can now be marked as SOLVED.

I reinstalled 9.2.6 after using 10beta (9.95.1) for a while and now my Raspberry Pi4b (4GB) doesn't boot.
    I formatted the SD card first and then installed LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.6.img on it with the USB-SD Creator.

The green light keeps flashing after turning the RPi on, but the screen stays black. If I remove the SD-card, I do get the startup screen (bios) saying 'No SD card detected'.

Any ideas?