7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• Question now (sorry i'm Newbie in android/libreelec) it's possible install Libreelec in the nand that ok, but android in the SD card ?

Stick with LE on SD Card. Don't install to internal until we work out this recovery issue.
    The Android 6.0.1 on these boxes has given me crashing issues with Koying's SPMC but it is not this box only, it is happening on the WetekHub
    as well. So there may be some issues forthcoming with 6.0.1.
    Good news is the Dev build SPMC resolved crashes on my box.
    No running Android on SD Card.
    The box runs really well and has great WIFI using /ac 5GHZ.

• It's still under development and I don't upload these versions' code because it would cause too much mess (for me). I will post a new version to test soon.

Hi kszaq !

Join to the postamt request ! Your new version works more stable and carefully for me. How it possible to get the source code faster to implement my individual changes ?? Promise do not bother You in context with this beta sources :) ...

• Stick with LE on SD Card. Don't install to internal until we work out this recovery issue.
    The Android 6.0.1 on these boxes has given me crashing issues with Koying's SPMC but it is not this box only, it is happening on the WetekHub
    as well. So there may be some issues forthcoming with 6.0.1.
    Good news is the Dev build SPMC resolved crashes on my box.
    No running Android on SD Card.
    The box runs really well and has great WIFI using /ac 5GHZ.

Ok i Keep this for now LE on SDCard
    Thank you for reply and all precision :)
    Recovery work with laptop for reflash firmware ? (i have see video in Youtube guy flash TX5 Pro with Toothpick)
    effectively recovery mod dont work in "Toothpick method" on TV

• Recovery work with laptop for reflash firmware ? (i have see video in Youtube guy flash TX5 Pro with Toothpick)
    effectively recovery mod dont work in "Toothpick method" on TV

Don't worry about USB Burning tool using a PC. Not necessary with our problem.
    Only problem we have is we don't know what will happen if we install LE to internal memory.
    Will we ever see recovery again ?
    Deki we have very new Android Firmware Marshmallow 6.0.1 Dated 26th October 2016. Android 6.0.1
    I can't even find this version anywhere for this box.
    anthontex gave some good advice #484  about the recovery issue is related to the Android version we have.
    Check your version of Android to see if it is the same date as mine.

• With the latest test build my box does not boot
    anymore. It hangs at the Nexbox start screen.

Also, toothpick method did not help.
    [hr]
    Anyone knows what to do now without reformatting
    the SD disk?

Btw, it is a Nexbox MQ 4K Pro box.

Edited once, last by sYCO (December 7, 2016 at 2:26 PM).

• Try this.
    Unplug hdmi cable from box, then power up.
    After 15-20 seconds, plug hdmi cable. Try it few times if it doesn't start. It happens on my beelink minimxiii 2/16 too with latest devel

Edited once, last by mariozo (December 7, 2016 at 2:32 PM).

• Try this.
    Unplug hdmi cable from box, then power up.
    After 15-20 seconds, plug hdmi cable. Try it few times if it doesn't start. It happens on my beelink minimxiii 2/16 too with latest devel

Are you sure, that helps?

If I boot without monitor, it will boot into Android (which still works), because I will not be able to use the toothpick method properly, but I can try this now, of course.

Btw, booting into Android still works. I then opened the updater app and tried to "update" with one of those zip files on the SD card. It rebooted then to the Nexbox logo screen, where it hangs again like before.
    [hr]
    Alright, I tried that several times, but I do not think,
    this is the solution.

As I said, booting into Android still works, just Libreelec
    from the SD card does not fire up.

I am using the dtb.img from November, 6th. Do I have
    to update the device tree, too? Is there an update?

Edited once, last by sYCO (December 7, 2016 at 2:55 PM).

• I had issues to boot from internal memory with latest devel build, i have no android, only LE.
    On boot it stuck on beelink logo. Then I had to unplug hdmi cable to start, box is booting without tv, and later then I'm plug hdmi to box and LE is booted. than I can update devel from last week

Edited once, last by mariozo (December 7, 2016 at 5:01 PM).

• [hr]
    remote is ok When I boot from SD,however when I boot from Internal memory(emmc) My remote control does not work!!!
    I have Grab remote.conf file from Android firmware (it's available in /system/etc) and copy it to Configuration folder: /storage/.config
    but doesn't work, when I execuct /usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config by myself, error: have no /dev/amremote .
    why?thank you for you answ

• My S905 Q-Box 2GB/16GB Box was running on Android 5.1 originally with this build LMY47V.20160907. LibeElec works on it from the SD card using following image: 7.0.2.009 (2016-11-06) with the default device tree. After install to NAND everything is still good and of course must faster.

However, if I update it to the latest development build from (2016-12-02) by dropping the the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161202213923-r23473-g8a53869.img.gz file in the shared update folder it works at first fine in default Kodi. But when I restore a backup of Kodi via the LibreElec recovery function using a .tar file placed on the box, the box freezes after rebooting on the boot screen (the golden Q).

The only way to recover the box is by booting it up again via the 7.0.2.009 (2016-11-06) SD card. Also the install to NAND works.

I've tried the alternative approaches to get the box running with the backup and the 2016-12-02 development version but with the same result. The only version that so far seem to work is the development version of 2016-11-19 at hand (it's taken offline now it seems).

I tried the following to get the 2016-12-02 running:

• I restored the Kodi .tar backup in 7.0.2.009 (2016-11-06) on NAND and then updated to the 2016-11-06 development version -> no boot after reboot
    • I made a new SD card based on the 2016-12-02 development version, tried to boot it up from this SD -> no booting at all

Any idea what is going on? Am I updating it wrong? Or did I find a bug in restoring backups and/or booting in the latest development version?

Edited once, last by Bruur (December 8, 2016 at 10:02 AM).

• I'm having some issues with audio being out of sync on a Beelin mini mx iii ii. Audio seems to always be about 100-500ms ahead. I've tried the newest dev build and 7.0.2.009.
    This is on with passthrough hdmi to an AVR. Apart from that everything seems to work great, and both builds have been very stable for me :)

• With the latest test build my box does not boot
    anymore. It hangs at the Nexbox start screen.

Also, toothpick method did not help.

[hr]

Anyone knows what to do now without reformatting
    the SD disk?

Btw, it is a Nexbox MQ 4K Pro box.

Nobody else knows how to rescue the installation?

I would really hate to reformat the SD card again in order to do a fresh installation. The complete setup took me ages. :\

• I have the same box. The toothpick method works (it worked for me) if you downgrade your android firmware to 05/08/2016 version (I had the October version before).
    Can you explain better the fake.zip method? I didn't understand it.

• I have the same box. The toothpick method works (it worked for me) if you downgrade your android firmware to 05/08/2016 version (I had the October version before).
    Can you explain better the fake.zip method? I didn't understand it.

Just create a file fake.zip on your SD CARD which contains LE.
    Boot on android, insert your SD CARD, go to app called "UPDATE" select Fake.zip and Updgrade
    Box reboot on LE :)

• Guys,

I've had the problems with Toothpick on a Mosfeel box. One strange thing i found is that if I disconnect the power to the box and leave it for around 5 minutes the toothpick method does work.

It has only ever worked this way when using a micro SD card.