Posts by latic

Guys,

I've had the problems with Toothpick on a Mosfeel box. One strange thing i found is that if I disconnect the power to the box and leave it for around 5 minutes the toothpick method does work.

It has only ever worked this way when using a micro SD card.

It seems like there is an issue with internal memory of your box, I've never seen alike errors in the log. Can you reproduce the issue if you run from SD card?

Strangely the issues continues to happen when it runs from SD card, Should I attach logs?

When this was running 005 it worked fine, but has had this issue on 007 and 008.

If no one else has this issue it probably isn't worth looking into as the box itself is a pain in the ass to be honest.

Post logs to check the issue.

Hey,

Was first checking to make sure it wasn't a known issue, couldn't find it elsewhere on the forum etc.

Basically device boots and functions correctly, however when unpowered and the powered again you need to manually connect to the wifi network, including inputting the password.

As far as i can see the network is stored correctly within /storage.

Logs attached.

Latic

Does anyone have any info on the KIII Amlogic S905 TV BOX ?
    It seems to be a similar spec to the Beelink MiniMX, does anyone know if it can run these LE builds?

Best thing to do is download the LiveSD / USB image burn it to a SD/USB and then place it into your device.

If you have android running at the moment it'll have anything it needs to run.

@Aastep yep the remote you are planning to get is fully capable of learning.

The buttons on the remote just send an IR code over to the device.

With one of the Amlogic boxes I have I programmed an old sky remote to operate it (using the TV function) so both libreelec via remote.conf and the Harmony will be flexible enough to do what ya need.

Latic

So managed to get to the end of my manic MXQ PRO 4k Clone journey.

Hopefully this will help others, and the exact device I had was a Mostfeel v3 4k. The circuit board said it was an MXQ Pro v1.

Originally I had a lot of problems flashing over to 005, IE recovery not working etc. but managed to get 005 flashed to NAND and it worked.

Facts about the box:
    - When you flash libreelec recovery is no longer accessible
    - - Pressing the reset/recovery button will load the AML file, but not go into recovery.
    - OTG port is flakey at best
    - - My device used USB Port 1 for OTG, to get this working was more than a pain in the a$$. I had to completely remove the power cable, continually press the recovery/reset button (which I'm guessing depleted the device of residual power) once the cable was out and then place the USB into port 1 which allowed OTG to work.
    -- When I flashed the working android image (Link below) it showed as a p201 device.

Process to get this working:
    - Once OTG worked I tried several images, all of them worked to install Android, however Libreelec 007 wouldn't flash when they were in place (It would flash and then on the reboot it would sit on a blank screen without going anywhere).
    - I eventually came across this image ( MEGA ) which flashed to the device, this then allowed recovery to be accessed and also 007 to boot from LiveCD.
    - A mistake was then made, I went into recovery and flashed the update. This resulted in a blank screen, however the LIVESD still booted.
    - From the LIVESD I ran installtointernal
    - The box then rebooted, however I didn't take the SD card out and it sat at a blank screen
    - Pulled to SD Card out and rebooted, still a blank screen!
    - Put LiveSD back in and ran installtointernal again, this time as soon as it said rebooting in 10s I pulled the SD card out.
    - The black screen came back, however after around 20 seconds it did boot up!!!

Thanks to akhems  kostaman  Vodkaneat  Nofan Tasi for keeping my supplied with devices and keeping me thinking it could be done!

Special thanks to kszaq for his work on the software which is really helping to unlock these devices and the CPU!

kszaq, thanks, I gave it a go, from live USB this dtb also works (LAN & Wifi), I don't really understand how the gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb and gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb can both run my wifi but there you go :) However, installtointeral results in no boot logo and a frozen box.

So gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb at least gave me a boot logo after nand install, but that's as close as I can get lol

If it is partition table related, I can burn V005 back on and provide any info that might help - I've noticed fdisk isn't available, is there anything I can run that might help?
    [hr]

latic, I found this firmware runs my mxq pro 4k well: download-android-lollipop-5-1-1-stock-firmware-mxq-pro-tv-box-2-4.html

I use the USB Burning tool to put that on and get the box back to factory android. This should get the toothpick method working, or you can use androids firmware update feature to select the zip. As mentioned above, I can't get nand install working with 007, kszaq said it was probably the partition table on this device.

Without being able to get into recovery I doubt i can use the USB burning tool.

I've had a few people trying to help, however i believe they are having different issues than this box.

The box will not go into recovery using any method.

I just realised you're running NAND install ?

When 005 came out i did a NAND install.

The device wont go into recovery at all, so if i use the NAND install method it just loads to what ever is installed on NAND.

If I use the 005 LIVESD it boots from the SD Card and loads it correctly.
    If I use the 007 LIVESD it sticks at the "bios" / s905 splash.

No recovery will load, whether from NAND, SD or any other method!

Just to reaffirm I've used every single dtb on the website that have been published for 006 and 007!

The plot thickens with my Mxq pro 4k clone.

It will not boot any android recovery SD, wont boot 7.0.2.007 LIVESD and I tried to do the old manual update which no surprise bricked the device.

All that happens now is the s905 logo is shown and the device goes no further.

For testing purposes I decided to put to older 7.0.2.005 .img onto an SD and see if it booted, strangely it did!

I'm guessing that means my device needs a different DTB file or something with the kernel. With 005 running from the SD card I downloaded the installtointernal script and ran it. The box is now back working with 005.

Because i know SD boots are working i flashed a new 007 image, tried all the different DTB's and none of them worked.

Will keep the box handy incase it needs to be used as a test bed.

I had the same problem. Put any .zip file on you sdcard then in android go into the updater,choose manual, choose your zip file on the sdcard and let it reboot. It worked for me, I left libreElec on the sdcard.

Craig

Craig, I went for all or nothing and installed version 5 onto nand :D
    [hr]

I can help you with that mate!! I have a generic firmware that has a good recovery partition on it, and it lets you boot of USB and SD Card.
    Its the only firmware i have found that lets you do that.
    Il dig out the link for you.

Akhems, that'd be really great.

The strange thing is Libreelec has boot directly from SD / USB for every other device i have.

This one will freeze at the s905 image with an SD Card and refuses to boot to USB in any of the ports (will just load the libreelec nand).

When I have android images on the disk it just ignores the pin push and boots to nand.

If your image doesn't work I think I'll just give it away