7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• My first S905X Chip box arrived today - (C) by kostaman :) - and it works like a charm.
    It is a MINI M8S II, 2GB/16GB, S905X box very similar to MINI MX or MINI MX-G.
    The remote is way better (more (soft rubber) button with no clicking sound)
    The tooth pick method worked to install the latest developer LE.
    Everything work: Auto framerate, HD audio, 4k playback, you name it.
    The android ROM version is 107 (2016.10.22)

• Hi

I have a Wetek Hub with 7.90.008 installed to NAND which works fairly well but I'm also trying to run 7.0.2.009 from SD card. It sort of works but I don't believe I'm running with the correct hardware device tree. I put the hub's img file on the card during the install but during install it flashed up with a message about incorrect memory map (I'm not too sure of the exact wording). Would this be because I no longer have Android installed? Your build still installed but the Hub's remote doesn't work (not that that is a great loss!) but I'm also only getting 100mb network instead of Gb.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

JMP

I've just thrown the latest dev build (02-12) + Wetek Hub device tree into the Update folder but I'm still having very poor network throughput and no remote. Any ideas anybody?

Cheers,

JMP

• Hello everyone. I am trying to boot into LE from flash disk or SD card. My device is MXQ Pro 4K, android 5.1.

What I downloaded :
    * LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.009.img.gz
    * gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb
    flashed onto flash drive (and SD), replaced dtb

What I tried:

* flash disk from boot to recovery (all 4 USB ports): boots to recovery and displays recovery menu
    * SD card from boot to recovery: boots to recovery and displays recovery menu
    * flash disk with toothpick in audio port (all 4 USB ports): boots normal Android
    * SD card with toothpick in audio port: boots normal Android

what am I doing wrong?

Thanx!
    D.

Edited once, last by dalanik (December 5, 2016 at 6:22 PM).

• Interesting comment and I'm seeing something similar. Through Yamaha RX-V781, the 12-02 build seems more 'finnicky' at 4K/60Hz. More blank screen but the image does sync properly once awhile. What I can do is switch input to something else on the receiver then go back to the S905X input and it'll be OK. 009 do seem to function better in this regard.

Just wanted to update on this situation. I found out what was causing the blacking out issue... It was because I had a Logitech Unifying keyboard receiver in USB 2 port on my Sunvell T95X box. Moving this to USB 1 stabilized the HDMI 2.0 signal. 12-02 dev build works fine now. Not sure why there was a difference between this and 009. In any case, I guess this is what happens using a cheap box and pushing it to 4K/60/HDR :-).

Great work on LE kszaq!

• I've just thrown the latest dev build (02-12) + Wetek Hub device tree into the Update folder but I'm still having very poor network throughput and no remote. Any ideas anybody?

Cheers,

JMP

FYI: I've also installed latest 12/02 to wetek hub and got jerky noise over HDMI audio when "not using" system> audio > fixed-audio > 44.1 Khz setting

• Just wanted to update on this situation. I found out what was causing the blacking out issue... It was because I had a Logitech Unifying keyboard receiver in USB 2 port on my Sunvell T95X box. Moving this to USB 1 stabilized the HDMI 2.0 signal. 12-02 dev build works fine now. Not sure why there was a difference between this and 009. In any case, I guess this is what happens using a cheap box and pushing it to 4K/60/HDR :-).

Great work on LE kszaq!

Glad you got it sorted. I don't have any other devices plugged into the box.. no keyboard or USB or microSD. So 12-02 is still a no-go for me.. as long as I'm using my Yamaha amp that is.

• kszaq might shed some light on what they have done to block search for recovery when trying to use toothpick method.

I have no idea for now, there might be some change that I need to introduce in the script - that said I have not encountered this yet with my boxes.

• Thats good to hear, I have one of these on order from a week or so ago, when they were on promotion at Gearbest... I already have a MiniMX v1 (2G/16G). It's a shame the MiniM8S doesnt have Gigabit Ethernent and only DualBand WiFi...but for the price I got it for cant really complain too much... I stream most of my content (not played locally) so 100 Meg Fast ethernet should be fine... box will be hard wired, so WiFi not really an issue except if I take it travelling. hotel rooms etc...

• Hi, still is here maybe solution by 150balbes. Don´t worry Russian language and go to bottom of web page, there is english language part.

s905_multi_boot · 150balbes/Amlogic_s905 Wiki · GitHub

This solution I have used on my MXV+ box, because I had similar problems like you.

Thank You for reading and replying.
    I have a S905X Chip and the script is written in kszaq builds.
    My issue is the damn box does not go looking for a recovery even in Android using toothpick method. :s

• Does suspend work on this device?

• I have same box. As you can see at your recovery screenshot your dtb.img file must be p201 and no t p200. I can boot libreelec from SD but not from usb otg

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

Edited once, last by Macrom (December 6, 2016 at 2:33 PM).

• Hi,

Did anyone have successful suspend/resume on a TX5 Pro? (S905X)
    Running 009 from sd card. Goes into suspend, LED goes from blue to red and also comes out of suspend LED goes from red to blue but the TV screen stays black.

Probably already discussed somewhere but 'search' did not reveal a clear post (or I don't know how to use the results :) )

Super happy with LE on tx5 pro btw. Fantastic work kszaq

• From the known issues (1st message in this thread):

Suspend doesn't work most of the times. Temporary solution: use poweroff.

My wetek hub takes less than 20 seconds after a power on, so I never tried suspend. Does powering on the TX5 with the remote control work after a poweroff from libreelec?

• From the known issues (1st message in this thread):

My wetek hub takes less than 20 seconds after a power on, so I never tried suspend. Does powering on the TX5 with the remote control work after a poweroff from libreelec?

my hub takes 3 secs from suspend to resume :D
    the major problem is the "yet to be fixed" memory leaks ...

• I have no idea for now, there might be some change that I need to introduce in the script - that said I have not encountered this yet with my boxes.

Thanks kszaq
    I'm not sure this is an issue with Android 6.0.1 or just the Android Version for this box.
    I've noticed SD Cards are now showing up Named SD Card and USB's also showing up with whatever they are Named when formatting them. Not sure this causes anything with the script. Wild guess from my limited knowledge.
    Cannot load volume/misc! and failed to mount etc as in screenshot above post is confusing.
    I can add that the fake zip from USB stick using the UPDATE APP in Android works 100% of the time in installing LE to SD card.
    I know that because i booted into recovery whilst in Android and then chose reboot which loaded Android.
    After that LE on the SD Card was ignored (script lost). Reboot and Power off in Android did not boot to LE any more.
    Fake zip method above got LE back.
    I can also report that i pulled the SD Card out after powering off box with remote and restarted Android three times with reboot and power off.
    I then inserted the SD Card with LE on it and powered box up , which booted successfully into LE.

• I agree :) i have same Box TX5 Pro and methode 1 / 2 Failed But Worked with "Update" variant

Question now (sorry i'm Newbie in android/libreelec) it's possible install Libreelec in the nand that ok, but android in the SD card ?
    if it's possible work fine ? boot libreelec / android easy ?

i use more Libreelec than android (android very occasional)

thank you all (and sorry if this question Has already been requested)

Edited once, last by Deki (December 7, 2016 at 8:07 AM).