Posts by jmp1963

Hi

I have a Wetek Hub with 7.90.008 installed to NAND which works fairly well but I'm also trying to run 7.0.2.009 from SD card. It sort of works but I don't believe I'm running with the correct hardware device tree. I put the hub's img file on the card during the install but during install it flashed up with a message about incorrect memory map (I'm not too sure of the exact wording). Would this be because I no longer have Android installed? Your build still installed but the Hub's remote doesn't work (not that that is a great loss!) but I'm also only getting 100mb network instead of Gb.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

JMP

I've just thrown the latest dev build (02-12) + Wetek Hub device tree into the Update folder but I'm still having very poor network throughput and no remote. Any ideas anybody?

Cheers,

JMP

Hi

I have a Wetek Hub with 7.90.008 installed to NAND which works fairly well but I'm also trying to run 7.0.2.009 from SD card. It sort of works but I don't believe I'm running with the correct hardware device tree. I put the hub's img file on the card during the install but during install it flashed up with a message about incorrect memory map (I'm not too sure of the exact wording). Would this be because I no longer have Android installed? Your build still installed but the Hub's remote doesn't work (not that that is a great loss!) but I'm also only getting 100mb network instead of Gb.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

JMP

jmp1963 You are probably using someone else's build and in that case you need to create .nocompat file in Update folder in case you want to switch to my builds. The check is only present in LE 7.90 alpha are you trying to downgrade? In that case you have to make a clean build. And I'm afraid that most of the bugs from official releases are present in my builds - as soon as I find something worth upstreaming I create a PR to LE master.

Ooops! My bad!! You're absolutely right. I'd 'forgotten' that I'd gone to Alpha (I've tried many things to iron out some of the bugs). Thanks for taking the time to answer and all your efforts. As I said earlier I'll keep waiting for things to improve - I know they will thanks to people like you ;)

Cheers,

JMP

Hi,

I've got a couple of issues with my Wetek Hub after installing to internal NAND. Occasionally after skipping forward in a film or pausing and then restarting the audio output stops. I'm using HD Audio passthrough to a Denon AVR. Also sometimes when the audio comes back in after a pause it is preceded by a loud static like crack.

Also every so often the video output seems to become slightly juddery for a second or two before correcting itself. I think the only other 'problem' is that if I use hardware decoding it doesn't matter what resolution the source material is Kodi outputs it at 1080p!

I tried updating to LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161028232312-r23412-g028df0e.img.gz but I got an on-screen message saying that the upgrade was not compatible with the Wetek Hub. I'm fairly sure that my issues will be fixed with future updates and I'm also very thankful for all the work you devs are putting in but is there a later build that has the audio and memory leak fixes that I can apply to my Hub?

Cheers,

JMP