7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• Dear friends I need your help. I successfully burnt the img 009 to a sd, added the device tree file and booted my Mxq pro 4K. All run fine from sd. Next thing, through ssh I run installtointernal and all went fine, the device rebooted but it boots from the sd card. I choose reboot from nand but it boots again from sd. If I remove sd and do a reboot nothing happens, no errors only black screen. Any ideas!??

• What is LF/CF?
    All I did was copy and paste the code into notepad++
    Do I have to have 4 spaces before each of the 3 lines?

Regards

You definitely must not have the spaces... But you must have carriage return/line feed after each line i.e. each lines needs to be in its own, well, line...

Sent from my GM 5 Plus d using Tapatalk

• tested the development version. Playback results below :-

smb network files : plays flawlessly 35MB/s bluray rips
    Youtube addon : flawless
    tvheadend tv : Stuttering playback (worse on hd channels). Pressing the codec info shows the forward keeps dropping instead of staying near 100%

• That is curious. My tvheadend installation is without problems. What hardware and software are you using as the tvheadend server? I am using a cubieboard with latest armbian and tvheadend compiled from git some weeks ago.

• That is curious. My tvheadend installation is without problems. What hardware and software are you using as the tvheadend server? I am using a cubieboard with latest armbian and tvheadend compiled from git some weeks ago.

its just one client box which is causing me problems. I have a pc running the server on librelec with two s905x feeding off it. The pc is fine for playback and my Nexbox A95X is working great

I've just bought another S905X - Droibox Ares 2gb (T95X clone I think) and this the one giving me grief.

EDIT: Out of curiosity I tried the Android Kodi app and it is working fine

Edited once, last by ukdaveuk (November 14, 2016 at 5:30 PM).

• Dear friends I need your help. I successfully burnt the img 009 to a sd, added the device tree file and booted my Mxq pro 4K. All run fine from sd. Next thing, through ssh I run installtointernal and all went fine, the device rebooted but it boots from the sd card. I choose reboot from nand but it boots again from sd. If I remove sd and do a reboot nothing happens, no errors only black screen. Any ideas!??

Never happend to anyone ??

• I haven't tried copying my SD card image (which is working 90+% well) to internal flash just yet. I do recall reading earlier in the thread that you may have to run "installtointernal" a second time to ensure the image is written correctly across the internal flash. Have you done this?

• I haven't tried copying my SD card image (which is working 90+% well) to internal flash just yet. I do recall reading earlier in the thread that you may have to run "installtointernal" a second time to ensure the image is written correctly across the internal flash. Have you done this?

yes i have done this already....same happens. Strange for me is that there was any error during the whole installation. It is like bricked device...no picture, no logo, nothing

• I understand such seeking issues are not present in .009?

Movie files with chapters , No issues at all with .009 .
    I don't have many movies with chapters so went through my library testing seek when i noticed chapters and it seems that 10 minutes forward may jump to the next chapter and that is what throws it out.

Edited once, last by kostaman (November 14, 2016 at 9:56 PM).

• Movie files with chapters , No issues at all with .009 .
    I don't have many movies with chapters so went through my library testing seek when i noticed chapters and it seems that 10 minutes forward may jump to the next chapter and that is what throws it out.

Yup. I think this was my issue as well. The movie I tried it on had chapters. The image just froze when trying to seek on my T95X (S905X, 2GB/16GB) box. Returned to stock .009 and no problem.
    [hr]

I raised that issue a couple of pages ago...other reports also suggest that s905x default HDR conversion is not confugured right in all s905x boxes...I see you do have a HDR TV and still have trouble so the trouble also extends to teh HDMI output...

Strange thing today while playing one of the LG OLED 4K/HDR demos (Cymatic Jazz), it actually turned on HDR on the Vizio P75-C1 when playing the wrong resolution (1280x720, not 4K)!

Other than lots of screen tearing with high bitrate H.264's (like 4K/60 demos, typically with 100Mbps bitrates, Amlogic bug?), the software works great and so far no problem with bitstreaming all kinds of audio to the Yamaha receiver.

Edited once, last by Archimago (November 14, 2016 at 10:35 PM).

• Never happend to anyone ??

This occurs to me too. My device is mk808b pro (s905 stick). I bricked it many time after doing ssh installtointernal repeatedly (or maybe with "reboot from NAND" command, I'm not sure which one cause it.)

I tried many times and search a lot but no solution found yet.

I think I will have to settle with using LE only from sd card booting.

Edited once, last by pawnthep (November 14, 2016 at 10:36 PM).

• I don't have many movies with chapters so went through my library testing seek when i noticed chapters and it seems that 10 minutes forward may jump to the next chapter and that is what throws it out.

That does sound like the key may be mapped to ChapterOrBigStepForward instead of BigStepForward as noticed here, by Trazer

• Yup. I think this was my issue as well. The movie I tried it on had chapters. The image just froze when trying to seek on my T95X (S905X, 2GB/16GB) box. Returned to stock .009 and no problem.
    [hr]

Strange thing today while playing one of the LG OLED 4K/HDR demos (Cymatic Jazz), it actually turned on HDR on the Vizio P75-C1 when playing the wrong resolution (1280x720, not 4K)!

Other than lots of screen tearing with high bitrate H.264's (like 4K/60 demos, typically with 100Mbps bitrates, Amlogic bug?), the software works great and so far no problem with bitstreaming all kinds of audio to the Yamaha receiver.

I think that specific LG clip is HLG, it's currently being test-broadcasted on European satellite and it's hybrid, not true HDR, which can work as SDR as well on regular UHD TVs, so possibly herein lies the explanation... Perhaps the TV is not so strict about resolution when it gets HLG... Try turning off HDR in openelec as explained earlier in the thread and see if it will get detected as HDR and how the picture would look...I expect it to look about the same, whereas true HDR clips would look washed out...

I wouldn't care too much for 4K h.264, it shouldn't even exist[emoji15] those clips are generally made to be played on PCs where 4K HEVC is too great a strain for general purpose processors...

Sent from my GM 5 Plus d using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by mytbyte (November 15, 2016 at 7:23 AM).

• stuttering is on .008 as well, can't get .007 to load as getting can't mount tty job error message. Weird thing is my Nexbox A95X is working great, the problem is only on my new box a droibox ares (rebadged T95X I think)

Finally managed to get .007 on my box. tvheadend client playback working perfect on that version. Happy now.