7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• For those who love testing new builds I have uploaded one with the following changes:

Download from: 2016-11-13
    You have to use device tree from 7.0.2.009 bulid if you update from 7.0.2.008 or older.

Hi!

I not see the changes related to the audio, the kernel version is the same than 7.0.2.009
    Also I'm not sure about the simplified a/v buffering patch, can you point me to the commits?

• For those who love testing new builds I have uploaded one with the following changes:

Download from: 2016-11-13
    You have to use device tree from 7.0.2.009 bulid if you update from 7.0.2.008 or older.

Updated on my A95X S905 1gb/8gb previously on .009
    I have playback issues with movie files on my network which were not present before. (SMB Network ethernet into box)
    I activated debug logging and re booted box to get logs.
    I had trouble opening movies with timeouts movie not found but eventually i was able to open files.
    I played files and after i hit seek/forward on remote control wheel i started having playback issues.
    Only a reboot allowed me to play movies properly again but the same issue if i jump seek on remote.
    Frozen picture with audio still progressing. I then stopped the grand budapest hotel (see logs) and opened another movie on my network
    which played with video slow jumping frames and audio was good. Stopped that movie and played another with the same issues.
    See log from A95x s905. (Same issues with MiniMx S905 2gb/16gb) .009 device tree used to update again but that did not fix.
    log-2016-11-14-00.28.18.zip

EDIT :Went back to .009 on my MiniMx 2gb/16gb with no issues playing same files and using seek/forward jump.

Edited once, last by kostaman (November 14, 2016 at 1:39 AM).

• I must be a bit thick. Please help me.
    I still can't get wifi on Beelink MIII II s905x

I created a autostart.sh file and put it in the /storage/.config/ folder.
    Rebooted.
    Logged in as root using putty
    executed chmod ugo+x /storage/.config/autostart.sh
    rebooted
    Still no wifi.
    If i can run some commands for diagnostics please let me know. Also if anyone has successfully got wifi work please could they post a how to?

here is a link to the autostart.sh file ( could someone maybe confirm that the file format is correct
    Dropbox - Link not found

The file has the following code:

Code
    insmod /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/compat.ko
    mount -o bind /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/cfg80211.ko /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/net/wireless/cfg80211.ko
    mount -o bind /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/wlan.ko /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/drivers/amlogic/wifi/bcmdhd/dhd.ko

Notepad++ is fine, it handles CR/LF fine.

To run the chmod command (once), you have to login via SSH (root / libreelec).

• Hi!

I not see the changes related to the audio, the kernel version is the same than 7.0.2.009
    Also I'm not sure about the simplified a/v buffering patch, can you point me to the commits?

Kernel version is the same because I applied changes as patch.

Simplified buffering patch is for testing, not yet uploaded to GitHub.
    [hr]
    kostaman Thank you a lot for testing. Your results are very helpful, as always! I have confirmed seeking issues with some samples on my side, I had to find some that have issues with! Can you please try a next build, I no longer have no video on my side: 2016-11-14

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 14, 2016 at 6:29 AM).

• The file has the following code:

Code
    insmod /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/compat.ko
    mount -o bind /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/cfg80211.ko /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/net/wireless/cfg80211.ko
    mount -o bind /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/wlan.ko /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/drivers/amlogic/wifi/bcmdhd/dhd.ko

Hmm..where is CR/LF?... Everything seems to be in one line... Also check for spaces before and after lines...

Sent from my GM 5 Plus d using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by mytbyte (November 14, 2016 at 7:17 AM).

Download from: 2016-11-13 2016-11-14

Yup, the wetek.hub BT is poping again, many thanks for the quick fix !

Btw, also experiencing some clicks & pops on the Hub when no audio is playing (tried different audio options with no luck).

• Great work on Libreelec for these Amlogics!

Same issue as kostaman above using my T95X box (S905X) and the test build. Unable to randomly select or jump around the timeline of the main movie. Image stalls and at times audio plays. This is over SMB network.

Have gone back to .09.

Side question to folks with S905X units. Anyone able to play HDR videos like the LG demo files properly???

I'm seeing strange things like magenta casts, wrong tone mapping, poor contrast...

I'm using Visio P75-1C TV and Yamaha rXv781 receiver in mode 1 HDMI. Any help appreciated$!

• Same issue as kostaman above using my T95X box (S905X) and the test build. Unable to randomly select or jump around the timeline of the main movie. Image stalls and at times audio plays. This is over SMB network.

Which test build? 2016-11-13 or 2016-11-14? Please try the latest one if you haven't already.

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 14, 2016 at 10:13 AM).

• Can you please try a next build, I no longer have no video on my side: 2016-11-14

Cheers kszaq
    This Dev Build has improved results except for the Grand Budapest file.
    It seems that there is a failure to seek and find the 10 minutes forward. I noticed 2 minutes sometimes 3 minutes or 5 minutes then eventually a freeze of video and audio. I stop the movie and start it again and it plays fine without having to re boot as before. Again i jump forward and same issues for this particular movie. I then played other movies from my library and they play fine without having to reboot.
    Log attached.
    log-2016-11-14-09.55.45.zip

• Side question to folks with S905X units. Anyone able to play HDR videos like the LG demo files properly???

I'm seeing strange things like magenta casts, wrong tone mapping, poor contrast...

I'm using Visio P75-1C TV and Yamaha rXv781 receiver in mode 1 HDMI. Any help appreciated$!

I raised that issue a couple of pages ago...other reports also suggest that s905x default HDR conversion is not confugured right in all s905x boxes...I see you do have a HDR TV and still have trouble so the trouble also extends to teh HDMI output...

Edited once, last by mytbyte (November 14, 2016 at 10:20 AM).

• kostaman Thank you a lot for testing. Your results are very helpful, as always! I have confirmed seeking issues with some samples on my side, I had to find some that have issues with! Can you please try a next build, I no longer have no video on my side: 2016-11-14

I had some time this morning, so I tried this version on my hub.

- tvheadend streaming: all ok (dvb-s2 streams in sd/mpeg2, hd720p/h264, hd1080i/h264 and 4k/hevc10)
    - internet streaming: no problems (youtube addon, twitch addon). Sometimes buffering when playing twitch VODs, but this was also in 009
    - files from smb: tried several different encodes, focussing on seeking. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I managed to get an hevc/main encoded file stuck during seeking. Stopping playback was still possible, though. Looked more like a hardware decoder problem to me.

Did not test passthrough.

• Following my post/reply #189  
    I have identified movie files with Chapter Markers causing the seek/skip 10 minute jump issue.
    Anything with chapters will result in random minute jump like 2 minute 8 minute or 5 minute and not 10 minute.
    Anything with no chapters seek/skips/forward 10 minutes perfect.
    2016-11-14

• I have a question about Libreelec (or this newest build maybe?).

The past two to three years I have used several Raspberry Pis with Xbian as OS. In all these years I never had a loss of or a broken movie database.

Now with Libreelec I realized yesterday, all my movies were gone, but my series were still there. I tried to refresh/reload the movies, but nothing happened. The TV files were playable though.

So, this is the third time in around three/four months of using Libreelec, that a database went corrupt. I just deleted the file now and started rescan all movies/series, which will be running now for over an hour.

My storage for movies/series is a standard Synology NAS with WD Red disks.

Is there anything wrong with the database handling or is the XBMC auto refresh addon faulty on a Libreelec setup?

• Sorry, I can't answer your question. I have a Synology DS414 with WD reds, I have not had a problem with my LibreELEC database.

I have identified movie files with Chapter Markers causing the seek/skip 10 minute jump issue.
    Anything with chapters will result in random minute jump like 2 minute 8 minute or 5 minute and not 10 minute.
    2016-11-14

I understand such seeking issues are not present in .009?

2016-11-14

Not based on any actual testing and knowledge of keymap used but this might have something to do with it:

Code
    ChapterOrBigStepForward

Go to to next chapter in video. If no chapters, then step forward 10 minutes in video. (v13 Gotham addition)

Code
    ChapterOrBigStepBack

Go to previous chapter in video, If no chapters, then step back 10 minutes in video. (v13 Gotham addition)
    source:
    Keymap - Official Kodi Wiki

Might be worth checking?

• Hi! I have usb wifi dongle with rtl8812au chip.
    How can I use it instead internal wifi chip?
    I see there is drivers in amlogic kernel sourсes.

Have you tried simply connecting and using it? If it's not working there's a guide what you need to provide.