Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• where would I save/insert the kiplus_compl.txt file? I tried saving the file to the disk with no luck.

the old config way would be to put it in the storage disk, in .config/rc_keymaps

and then you reference it from .config/rc_maps.cfg

there is a sample of config with a .toml file in another post on the forum :

chewitt
    February 13, 2023 at 7:52 AM

eg reading the documentation :

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/…s#configuration

* eg the command below creates a rc_maps.cfg that will override the default config

Code
    echo "* *  kiplus_compl" > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

* the kiplus_compl file must be in

Code
    /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/

the .txt extension is not necessary, I was forced to use it to upload to the forum...

Either you can do this in a terminal or just mounting your microsd / sd on a computer : EDIT : stupid error from me : storage is ext4, i misread the mount between the 2 partitions.

The good way to do this is to ssh to libreelec.

Mounting ext4 storage partition is possible in linux so I forgot, only to notice again in trying to edit files on the disk that they are not easily updatable.

Edited once, last by potfpotf (March 25, 2023 at 10:18 PM).

• In LE11 the keymaps need to be in toml format which is similar and human-readable but not the same as the older text file format. Have a look at existing toml files in the system and crib the format (the wiki article needs to be updated to show this).

• Code
    Good afternoon.
    I'm trying to install LE 11 in SD on a beelink gt1 ultimate but it won't boot.
    I choose its corresponding dtb, I paste it in the root but it doesn't start. The tv screen stays completely green.
    I have tried leaving the dtb as it is and renaming it as dtb.img.

what is the problem ???
  • Just a side question wrt Amlogic and LE.

I know that upgrade from 9.x to 11 wasn't supported and clean install was required but is it also the case with every future update like recently released 11.0.1? My 11.0.0 won't autoupgrade to 11.0.1?

• I know that upgrade from 9.x to 11 wasn't supported and clean install was required but is it also the case with every future update like recently released 11.0.1? My 11.0.0 won't autoupgrade to 11.0.1?

It was undesirable to direct update from 9 > 10/11 due to the Python 2 > 3 changes in Kodi which break add-ons. There is/was no issue with updating from 10 > 11 and in the future from 10/11 > 12. At the moment auto-update requires something to be manually set on the back-end infra else the OS doesn't prompt and we (staff) frequently forget to set it giving the incorrect appearance of it being broken (the process is, but not the code). We plant to move that logic client-side in LE12 to eliminate the forgetful humans from the process. I enabled auto-update for 11.0.0 > 11.0.1 yesterday for those who didn't already bump.

• Not yet, I've been tinkering with u-boot 2023.04 and 6.2 kernel on the LE11 codebase. Once I push the next updates to master official nightlies should be created and then I'll switch test/dev work to LE12.

• test-build from your amlogic branch 6.2.9:

branch_amlogic.log

I reduced the speed to: "sd-uhs-sdr50;" like in the mainline-android and wifi works:

Edited once, last by _emanuel_: Ein Beitrag von _emanuel_ mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt. (April 12, 2023 at 9:01 PM).

• I am trying to go from 9.2.8 CoreELEC since they dont support -ng for S912 to LibreELEC 11.0.1 but upon burning the microSD, setting the correct DTB for the box and inserting it into the box and then do a 'reboot update' and the screen goes black after the initial splash screen for Beeliknk. I dont know if I am doing something wrong with the new ways to boot from SD or do I need to flash it back to stock firmware first then try again?

• I am trying to go from 9.2.8 CoreELEC since they dont support -ng for S912 to LibreELEC 11.0.1 but upon burning the microSD, setting the correct DTB for the box and inserting it into the box and then do a 'reboot update' and the screen goes black after the initial splash screen for Beeliknk. I dont know if I am doing something wrong with the new ways to boot from SD or do I need to flash it back to stock firmware first then try again?

For versions based on the mainline kernel (LE10+), the dtb setting is different compared to legacy versions.

Please check if you have done the settings correctly as described in the description:

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic#box-images

• Hello, I have a question, which X96max + do you recommend for libreelec?

A: 2GB+16GB+2.4G Wifi+100M ( no BT)

B: 4GB+32GB+2.4G&5GHz Dual Wifi+BT4.X+1000M

C: 4GB+64GB+2.4G&5GHz Dual Wifi+BT4.X+1000M

• Hi guys,

CEC suddenly stopped working with my Xoro HST 260 on my ex's Samsung TV so I thought why not update from LibreELEC 8.2.3.1/Kodi 17.6 Krypton to the latest version to see if it'll work again there? The player comes with 2 GB RAM and an AMLogic S905X, so what version should I use?

LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.1-lepotato.img.gz or LibreELEC-LePotato.arm-9.0.2.img.gz

Also, how do I create a bootdisk for my SD Card under Windows? When I simply write any image to the SD, the player does boot from internal memory to Android which I wanna avoid. Unfortunately, I really can't remember how I made it work the last time and I seem to be unable to come up with the proper search times to find a step-by-step guide to set this up. TIA!

• I'm effectively on hiatus; currently focussed on a new job and preparing for an Ironman triathlon later in the year. There is allegedly someone working on the hardware decoders (funded work from an LE friendly board manufacturer) so if/when that ever results in some interesting code to test in a public repo I'll think about resuming. Until then nightlies should have K21 alpha code and aarch64 kernels.

• I'm effectively on hiatus; currently focussed on a new job and preparing for an Ironman triathlon later in the year. There is allegedly someone working on the hardware decoders (funded work from an LE friendly board manufacturer) so if/when that ever results in some interesting code to test in a public repo I'll think about resuming. Until then nightlies should have K21 alpha code and aarch64 kernels.

Do you know anything more about this company and this project?

Thank you for your reply. Good luck on the triathlon.