Posts by tecc

In short: it is necessary to execute the "toothpick method" again, because aml_autoscript is executed only in this case.

Thanks again but I seem to be confused about the terminology. It's been a while so I can't be sure but I don't remember having used the toothpick method for anything to make 9.2.8.8 - Kodi 18.9 run on my box, especially since I kept booting LibreELEC from the SD-card. Now, I would like to upgrade to the latest version that can run on my box. Can any of you point me to the correct img to download and what dtb to use and boot process to use? Thx!

For versions based on the mainline kernel (LE10+), the dtb setting is different compared to legacy versions. Please check if you have done the settings correctly as described in the description: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic#box-images

Thanks for this info. The legacy version booted straight to LibreELEC without the need for pressing the reset button on my device and I'm perfectly fine with not having it boot from the internal eMMC storage. So, I've added this uEnv.ini to the root of the SD-card:

Code
    dtb_name=/dtb/imagename.dtb
    bootargs=boot=UUID=2306-0801 disk=UUID=8268da37-3a8d-4f6d-aba0-08918faded56 quiet systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0 console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0

referencing all dtbs found in the 'LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.3-box.img' (which hopefully is the correct one) contaning 'meson-gxl-s905x', starting with 'meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb'. To no avail, the system is stuck at the boot screen showing the S905X logo. Am I using the wrong image/dtb?

Without a built-in tuner, the S905D doesn't make much sense. Based on the photos and the description above, it has an S905X SoC (this X is not a wildcard character, it is a real X.), so I recommend the MXQ-4K-Pro_2G image for testing, without any dtb replacement.

Thanks for replying with this to my question from some time ago. I've been running LibreELEC (dtech) 9.2.8.8 - Kodi 18.9 Leia ever since but for the life of me can't remember exactly what dtb.img I actually did use (here's the MD5: 4c723801b797f26828caed55ebec8b32 in case that helps) . Since CEC sudddenly does no longer work on a friend's TV of mine (who owns the same box), I was planning to use the original remote, so I've downloaded LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.3-box.img.gz and tried renaming each of these

meson-gxl-s905x-hwacom-amazetv.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-libretech-cc.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-libretech-cc-v2.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-mecool-m8s-pro-plus.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-tbee.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-vero4k.dtb

to dtb.img but none of those worked on my Xoro HST 260 S. What am I doing wrong?

Hi guys,

CEC suddenly stopped working with my Xoro HST 260 on my ex's Samsung TV so I thought why not update from LibreELEC 8.2.3.1/Kodi 17.6 Krypton to the latest version to see if it'll work again there? The player comes with 2 GB RAM and an AMLogic S905X, so what version should I use?

LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.1-lepotato.img.gz or LibreELEC-LePotato.arm-9.0.2.img.gz

Also, how do I create a bootdisk for my SD Card under Windows? When I simply write any image to the SD, the player does boot from internal memory to Android which I wanna avoid. Unfortunately, I really can't remember how I made it work the last time and I seem to be unable to come up with the proper search times to find a step-by-step guide to set this up. TIA!

Hi guys,

can you please tell me what image to use to update my Xoro HST 260 S to the latest LibreELEC that can be run on it? According to the OEM's webpage I save back in the day, specs are

CPU: 4x 2.00 GHz S905D QuadCore Prozessor

RAM: 2 GB (DDR3)

Video: Mali 450 QuadCore GPU

Internal RAM: 8GB

but I'm not sure about the S905D cause the bootscreen says S905X (don't know if X is simple a wildcard).

Since I'm also having issues with my Odroid box and I've got 2 more Xoros hooked up to various TVs in the house, I would like to use a tool to generate an edid.dat file to make sure the proper video settings are used on boot. How do I do that? Thx!

I have only one cable I can use for the Raspi 4 due to the mirco connector on one side. This is the cable that actually worked that one time where Kodi automatically set the GUI size to 4K. So I doubt it's the cable. I just don't get why this setting appears to be lost on reboot or whatever the reason might be that after reboot I can't get a picture like I got before. Anything else I can try?

So, I've added hdmi_safe=1 to the config.txt and rebooted, switched HDMI ports and then configured Kodi via the GUI. When I rebooted manually, I only saw the initial boot phase on 640x480 up to the multi-coloured square but then then my TV's screen stays dark. The TV is capable of 4K on Kodi which works fine with my Odroid and CoreELEC using the same HDMI ports but I would rather use the Raspi 4 instead. What can I do to get video? Thx!

It doesn't start well, though. When I use the easy way from the guide and try to use one of the keytable files, I'm getting the error message '/sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory'. So I searched for the file with WinSCP and found it in ./bin. When I connect via putty as root and type '/usr/bin/ir-keytable' I get the same error message so as a non-Linux-user I'm stumped.

BTW, isn't there a way to extract the keymap file or at least identify the remote in the underlying Android? The remote works after all when I boot from Android.

Stupid question: is there a way to set the used protocol on a per share basis? My NAS connects via SMB1 but I also have stuff on my desktop PC I'd like to connect to occasionally. It's Win10 and does not use SMB1 anymore. Don't know if I should add SMB1 to that PC, there's more important stuff on it than media files.

I'm booting the current LibreELEC from an SD card plugged in to my Android Xoro HST 260 (Amlogic S905X). I can navigate my media collection from NAS and HDD just fine using the remote of my Samsung TV. But no matter what HDMI port I plug the player (HDMI1 = set to box, HDM2 = ARC), I suddenly lose connection and the TV no longer shows connected via HDMI CEC but HDMI only. I've yet been unable to determine the exact time when this happens but it does always and appears to be related to the amount of keys being pressed: the more often I use the remote to seek in the file or something, the longer the connection lasts. If I just watch a movie for an hour or so and then press PAUSE, I suddenly realize it won't work. Any idea if this is LibreELEC or rather Kodi related?