[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

• I haven't had any issues with the latest build. Im running from internal on a s805, i find connecting my box via ethernet improves speed and less buffering. I only use 1 app mainly and not had problems.

• Hello to everyone.
    I am new to posting on these forums but read them avidly.
    I have tried to update one of my devices from Libreelec v7 to this the latest version and have an issue which I cannot seem to get over.
    The box I am using is a MK808B+ which was flawless with the earlier versions. The problem is with a wireless Mouse / Keyboard gadget. The mouse works quite well but I get no input from the keyboard side of it. I have also found that occasionally it will not boot past the Libreelec splash screen. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem ?

Thanks in advance for any advise.....

I just found the answer to this problem in another thread. I knew it would be here but missed it before.....

Edited once, last by Tuney (April 4, 2017 at 10:09 AM).

• Just an FYI. I have an all black MXQ box with a v1.2 20150520 system board, Realtek 8189ETV WIFI chip.

I downloaded the 8.0.1.a-HD18q version to try first. Burned it to a 16gb SD card and booted with the toothpick. No problems whatsoever. Since it was OK I did not bother trying the 8.0.1.a-MXQ version.

WIFI connects, was able to calibrate the screen and installed Confluence to make life easier. Installed the few addons that I need and everything is a go. The remote doesn't seem to work, but in my case it doesn't matter since I am using a Logitech K400R keyboard with trackpad, which was recognized by Libreelec on first boot.

I actually tried LibreElec before with Jarvis on the MXQ but went back to Android as there was no real improvement. This build is fantastic and gives the MXQ another lease on life.

Thanks!
    Greg

• Good day - 1st time posting here. I have a MXQ all black box with a S805 and a V3-1 board. Trying update the firmware so to run Kodi 17 but have been told by a few people that installing LibreELEC 8.0 will not work with the V3 board and may brick the box. Any input will be greatly appreciated before attempting this. Thank you in advance.

• Many thanks for this excellent build and the effort put in.

Since upgrading to 8.0.1a from 8.0g I've been having menu framerate problems @ 1080p, very stuttery navigation, however video playback is perfect. Worked fine since 7.0 when I started using this build, 8.0 was fine. Anyone else getting this? Running @ 720p resolves it

• Trying update the firmware so to run Kodi 17 but have been told by a few people that installing LibreELEC 8.0 will not work with the V3 board and may brick the box.

Run Krypton 17 Via sd card. That wont Brick your box. Both Versions on the 1 box.

• I have a MXQ all black box with a S805 and a V3-1 board. Trying update the firmware so to run Kodi 17 but have been told by a few people that installing LibreELEC 8.0 will not work with the V3 board and may brick the box. Any input will be greatly appreciated before attempting this. Thank you in advance.

If you upgrade to the same variant - i.e. MXQ, HD18Q or m201d - you shouldn't brick your device. As advised above by Kostaman, you can always try running from an SD card first or if you already do, try a different card for LE 8. I have to admit that nowadays I test S805 builds very briefly as I consider them very mature.

Since upgrading to 8.0.1a from 8.0g I've been having menu framerate problems @ 1080p, very stuttery navigation, however video playback is perfect. Worked fine since 7.0 when I started using this build, 8.0 was fine.

Actually the only change that could affect this was between 8.0.0b and 8.0.0g. You can try to bump your GPU speed by echo 4 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq.

• Run Krypton 17 Via sd card. That wont Brick your box. Both Versions on the 1 box.

Than you - much appreciated.
    [hr]

If you upgrade to the same variant - i.e. MXQ, HD18Q or m201d - you shouldn't brick your device. As advised above by Kostaman, you can always try running from an SD card first or if you already do, try a different card for LE 8. I have to admit that nowadays I test S805 builds very briefly as I consider them very mature.

Actually the only change that could affect this was between 8.0.0b and 8.0.0g. You can try to bump your GPU speed by echo 4 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq.

Thank you for the answers and advice - much appreciated.

Edited once, last by stu747 (April 5, 2017 at 1:31 PM).

• Many thanks for this excellent build and the effort put in.

Since upgrading to 8.0.1a from 8.0g I've been having menu framerate problems @ 1080p, very stuttery navigation, however video playback is perfect. Worked fine since 7.0 when I started using this build, 8.0 was fine. Anyone else getting this? Running @ 720p resolves it

First of all congrats to kszaq for amazing work on all platforms, been using your work since the early builds over the other guys.

Upgraded recently from 16.1 to 17 and I do find the krypton new UI very nice but seems to lag after some minutes of usage... Is it a case of memory leakage? Or perhaps throttling down because of heating? 720p do seems to fix the stutters or low frame rate.... but seems strange that only after some usage I see the bogging down, because each fresh start is buttery smooth... and i already tried that command: echo 4 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

edit: I'm using a mk808b plus with your latest build

Edited once, last by base_08 (April 8, 2017 at 12:39 PM).

• Actually the only change that could affect this was between 8.0.0b and 8.0.0g. You can try to bump your GPU speed by echo 4 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq.

Just tried this but still getting same thing. Rebooted box after running command which gave me chance to notice issues same as base_08's, box is fine immediately after restart but started lagging after I browsed into a few shows.

One thing I noticed is running cat /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq reports 255. I can only seem to find info on s905, but should this report 500 at the default value of 3 and 666 after bumping it to 4?

• Just tried this but still getting same thing. Rebooted box after running command which gave me chance to notice issues same as base_08's, box is fine immediately after restart but started lagging after I browsed into a few shows.

One thing I noticed is running cat /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq reports 255. I can only seem to find info on s905, but should this report 500 at the default value of 3 and 666 after bumping it to 4?

Yep... seems a case of auto throttling down the GPU freq... if i don't move the menus and all it sticks to the bumped frequency but as long as i start doing more complex navigation it reverts to that 255... I hope kszaq can still fix this...

• Have been running version 7 and decided to upgrade to v8 but every time I do it hangs on the Libreelec splash screen after installing.
    I have it installed on SD card btw.

• Have been running version 7 and decided to upgrade to v8 but every time I do it hangs on the Libreelec splash screen after installing.
    I have it installed on SD card btw.

I think it may be just a known bug regarding the add-on database when updating.

Try to ssh your box and delete the file .kodi/userdata/Database/Addons27.db. After reboot it should be fine, although you may need to reinstall some plugins.

I had the same problem updating Libreelec on a Raspberry Pi and that fixed it.

Enviado desde mi s3 mediante Tapatalk

• Don't worry, I have found te answer, thanks again for Your dedicated work!

Hi kszaq, a friend off me asked me to compile for his device, I do succeed for my device which is S905, but not for his, please can you tell me what's the right command to compile for HD18Q?
    Thanks,

Jefken.

Edited once, last by Jefken (April 13, 2017 at 7:50 PM).

• Hi guys. Im still with LibreElec 7.0.3.3c on my 3 years old MXQ (thanks @kszaq). Im wondering what is the benefits for install LibreElec 8. My 7.0.3.3c works fine with iptv provider, but
    i cant install PVR IPTV simple client? It says "installation failed". Do i have to upgrade to LibreElec 8 to have PVR IPTV simple client on my MXQ? Is there another PVR addon that handles single m3u IPTV list (with account details on it) i can test?

• [hr]
    echo 4 > /sys/class/mpgpu/min_freq
    [hr]

Use this for fluid animations on the GUI.
    It will bump the GPU speed to 637, resulting in buttery smooth skin performance.

Downside of this is that you need to perform the command everytime you reboot your system.

Tried to autostart.sh this command... but seems not to work... if someone knows how to automate this?

Edit: i managed the autostart to work like this:

[hr]
    sleep 3
    (
    echo 4 > /sys/class/mpgpu/min_freq
    ) &
    [hr]

Second edit: still not perfect the autostart.sh... Sometimes the command doesn't work... any news on new release Kszaq?

Edited once, last by base_08 (April 19, 2017 at 3:34 PM).